The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Ahhh ******.

Senegal won their first group game 2-0 against Tunisia tonight. (Mané converted the opening penalty and assisted the second apparently.).

Not the start we wanted from Senegal the AFCON.

I think we saw today when he came on, and more so recently when he was missing, Coutinho is absolutely instrumental in this side.

Wonder if Harry Wilson will make his first team bow in some description Wednesday?

The U-23's captain wasn't involved in their scratch team loss to Utd tonight as he was training with the first team squad. Which he apparently has been the last few days.

Certainly would be well earned after 19 gaols and 9 assists this year the 23's. (Inc. friendlies.).

Last edited:
I'm all for it, but makes me wonder why we didn't do this before United..

Me neither mate being as he's done everything by the book. Don't know why we were even waiting on the clown show that is FIFA. They know they're covered and CAS would side with the club if it went that far so play him regardless.

Another complete disgrace from FIFA. They can't even respond with clarity to their own frigging rules! The response yesterday was yet more buck passing B/S. Step in and do your frigging jobs! The bitter, petted twats over in Cameroon is who they should be threatening with action for refusing to accept Matip wants nothing to do with them and considers himself retired Internationally.

Something tells me it wouldn't be the case if it was a Messi or Ronaldo.

After the bungling bollocks from UEFA that cost the club and Sakho the end of last season it's time to stand up to these charlatans.

Just disgraceful that you've to go against the threat of punishment to force them to actually do some work and properly respond to their own frigging rules!

Me neither mate being as he's done everything by the book. Don't know why we were even waiting on the clown show that is FIFA. They know they're covered and CAS would side with the club if it went that far so play him regardless.

Any idea if we're welcoming the team bus near the king 'arry for the semi against S'ton?

Any idea if we're welcoming the team bus near the king 'arry for the semi against S'ton?

Yes! Yes we are matey. Few lads were on about that Sunday. The Harry from 5 is the plan. Have Southampton lose the match before they've even stepped the pitch like Villareal.

One thing the first leg no-show has guaranteed is a bouncing atmosphere the second. You'd of been a bit apprehensive if it had been 2 or 3 but just the one, the way we're playing at home, leaves you majorly confident.

Southampton blew their big chance last week you feel when they could of had more.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the Plymouth managers answer to what his plan B is if L'pool take the lead tomorrow .....

"We're going to sign Fellaini and launch it long!"

Whether people agree or disagree, it's been a LONG time since any Utd fan would even think that. Let alone say it publicly.

Manchesterspeak@Manchesterspeak Jan 15
MUFC had their best team out todayLiverpool had at least 3 key players out & still managed to get a resultShows we are miles behind them

Fair play to the lad for his honesty on Pogba and Herrera Sunday too looking down his
timeline.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the Plymouth managers answer to what his plan B is if L'pool take the lead tomorrow .....

"We're going to sign Fellaini and launch it long!"

Oh how they've fallen.

Yes! Yes we are matey. Few lads were on about that Sunday. The Harry from 5 is the plan. Have Southampton lose the match before they've even stepped the pitch like Villareal.

One thing the first leg no-show has guaranteed is a bouncing atmosphere the second. You'd of been a bit apprehensive if it had been 2 or 3 but just the one, the way we're playing at home, leaves you majorly confident.

Southampton blew their big chance last week you feel when they could of had more.

Yessss made up there mate. You don't appreciate the game until you sacrifice going to them. I'm drooling at the prospect of European nights back at Anfield next season. You're dead on right about the second leg being guaranteed a bouncing atmosphere now. Liverpool need a result and we're going to ******* get it!!

is the replay on bbc?

BT mate. But they'll be plenty of streams on-line.

The frigging next round is on BT too at half 12 Sat'day. At home to Wolves. Frigging joke. TV companies looking for the upset in games hardly anyone is interested in watching.

We'll never have a Sat'day 3 PM cup tie again!

Last edited:
For those of you that are coming down to Devon tomorrow I hope you enjoy your stay but find yourselves out of the FA Cup. ;)

In truth I don't think we will get away with it this time! Class gesture by you lot with the Daniel May flag as well :)

All the best

Back