The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Which was aways what both party's wanted from when it was first mooted. Klopp, and nobody else, captains this ship and progression is earned.

Nice to see you've come around on Stevie's return mate.

Just need to get you to realise how consistently consistent Clyne is now ..... :P
Still think that Clyne is any good after watching that performance from him. Ball watching for the third goal and if i have to endure watchin him cut in and go narrow by passing i will tear my hair out. This was a game crying out for width from our fullbacks, he didnt even bother trying to beat Kyle Naughton one of the worst FB's in the league once. I laughed when he gave the ball to Lovren during the final seconds like go on beat the fullback with your god given pace. Sorry Scouse but Clyne is mostly consistently below average. Oh and dont get me started on Klavan.

Was never 5 mins in fact ended up playing 6. Not that it matters. Swansea were fantastic I thought and Pools defence and CM looked leaky today. Firmino volly goal was fantastic though!

was just guessing..Swansea looked pretty solid.

Was never 5 mins in fact ended up playing 6. Not that it matters. Swansea were fantastic I thought and Pools defence and CM looked leaky today. Firmino volly goal was fantastic though!

Their defence seems to be pretty wank until they play us. I know I should be used to it now, with every team upping their game for Manchester United, not least at Old Trafford, but still, annoying as ****.

Games like this are still Liverpools problem. Top of the big six table, but they gave dropped more points to the rest than anyone in that top six. The need to cut that out sharp if they want the title.

Odd to see Liverpool put a big man up top after Klopps criticism of it last week when we did. Nothing wrong with going long when you need to. Almost paid off for Liverpool too.

Agree that Clyne just needed to stay wide and do his man one on one

Todays game a perfect excuse for Klopp to drop Mignolet and put Karius back in next game ...

Agree that Clyne just needed to stay wide and do his man one on one

He never does though thats the problem. I just think he's technically not good enough on the ball to consistently beat his man with the ball. Becomes a real problem when chasing a game or playing against a team who park the bus as theirs no width on the right. Really miss Mane as Lallana ain't no winger.

Still think that Clyne is any good after watching that performance from him. Ball watching for the third goal and if i have to endure watchin him cut in and go narrow by passing i will tear my hair out. This was a game crying out for width from our fullbacks, he didnt even bother trying to beat Kyle Naughton one of the worst FB's in the league once. I laughed when he gave the ball to Lovren during the final seconds like go on beat the fullback with your god given pace. Sorry Scouse but Clyne is mostly consistently below average. Oh and dont get me started on Klavan.

I think Clyne looked tired today. I dont think it would do any harm to rest him for a few games with A-A in his place.

Still think that Clyne is any good after watching that performance from him. Ball watching for the third goal and if i have to endure watchin him cut in and go narrow by passing i will tear my hair out. This was a game crying out for width from our fullbacks, he didnt even bother trying to beat Kyle Naughton one of the worst FB's in the league once.....

Outside of Firmino and Lallana who at least tried but wasn't having anything pay off for him, NO player in Red was over a 5 today. Clyne and Milner were as poor as the rest of them, but first half in particular Clyne was in acres of space a number of times wide right just Henderson had his worst game since Burnley and was that slow and pedestrian in his passing. Nothing was getting out there until it was too late.

Terrible game of footie. People will look at the 5 goals and think it was exciting but it was pretty darn turgid and mistake ridden right through. Even L'pool's comeback wasn't all out thrilling. Not a single shot on goal the first half from either side. Swansea had three all game and scored from them. All from terrible mistakes from L'pool. In particularly Klavan who was absolute dog **** all game. Can continued his woeful form. Even Wijnaldum had a below par game. And Sturridge and Origi offered absolutely nottin' when they came on. We started so slow first half, with the passing that pedestrian it allowed Swansea to gain confidence to take into half time. The second half was just catastrophic.

And as much as most every L'pool player was abysmal, we as a crowd were just as bad. And it didn't even pick up when we got back to 2-2. If yers want to go the match and sit there like a bunch of narky arl men complaining at everything then **** off to Goodison! We're going for a league and you think narking at every misplaced pass and groaning loudly helps the players? Some real knobheads there today.

Nothing else to say. Not been down after a game all season but I'm completely floored after that utter ***** 'performance.' (Term used VERY loosely.).

Well done Swansea. We deserved f-all today.

Last edited:
There goes any small chance of the title we had.

Everyone's down and ****** after that and this probably isn't the time to think on the positive but with 48 points left to play for and a very favourable schedule we're far from out of anything mate.

Outside of Firmino and Lallana who at least tried but wasn't having anything pay off for him, NO player in Red was over a 5 today. Clyne and Milner were as poor as the rest of them, but first half in particular Clyne was in acres of space a number of times wide right just Henderson had his worst game since Burnley and was that slow and pedestrian in his passing. Nothing was getting out there until it was too late.

Terrible game of footie. People will look at the 5 goals and think it was exciting but it was pretty darn turgid and mistake ridden right through. Even L'pool's comeback wasn't all out thrilling. Not a single shot on goal the first half from either side. Swansea had three all game and scored from them. All from terrible mistakes from L'pool. In particularly Klavan who was absolute dog **** all game. Can continued his woeful form. Even Wijnaldum had a below par game. And Sturridge and Origi offered absolutely nottin' when they came on. We started so slow first half, with the passing that pedestrian it allowed Swansea to gain confidence to take into half time. The second half was just catastrophic.

And as much as most every L'pool player was abysmal, we as a crowd were just as bad. And it didn't even pick up when we got back to 2-2. If yers want to go the match and sit there like a bunch of narky arl men complaining at everything then **** off to Goodison! We're going for a league and you think narking at every misplaced pass and groaning loudly helps the players? Some real knobheads there today.

Nothing else to say. Not been down after a game all season but I'm completely floored after that utter ***** 'performance.' (Term used VERY loosely.).

Well done Swansea. We deserved f-all today.
Klopp got it wrong today with the selection again imo. Lallana is not a winger and we lose everything good about his game when he plays there. Can's days are running out and I would not be surprised to see him leave in the summer, he has been poor for way too long now, so has Wiji but it would be unfair to judge him as this is only his first season in a new role for us. Onto the defense, the quicker Matip is back the better, as both Lovren and Klavan are not leaders. P.s we really, really miss Mane's pace on the right.

Klopp got it wrong today with the selection again imo. Lallana is not a winger and we lose everything good about his game when he plays there. Can's days are running out and I would not be surprised to see him leave in the summer, he has been poor for way too long now, so has Wiji but it would be unfair to judge him as this is only his first season in a new role for us. Onto the defense, the quicker Matip is back the better, as both Lovren and Klavan are not leaders. P.s we really, really miss Mane's pace on the right.

Really too flat right now to start dissecting today's ***** but it really surprised me we didn't start Sturridge alongside the two Brazilians with Lallana and Gini behind and go full pelt at a Swansea side at rock bottom kick-off.

We have a real complacency issue in defence. We seem solid against teams that attack us all game but in games where the defence have only a few attacks to deal with they switch off. So frustrating!

Absolutely ridiculous isn't it? Swansea create nothing of their own making, and profit three goals from their only three attempts at goal. All from L'pool mistakes. Even the the very good header we sloppily lost possession before the cross.

And it's not just the back 4 and 'keeper. We defend as a team and the mistakes were happening all over the place.

Absolutely ridiculous isn't it? Swansea create nothing of their own making, and profit three goals from their only three attempts at goal. All from L'pool mistakes. Even the the very good header we sloppily lost possession before the cross.

And it's not just the back 4 and 'keeper. We defend as a team and the mistakes were happening all over the place.

Welcome to my Season, Scouse :)

Playing Gini and Can in midfield does not work, they're too slow with the ball. We missed Lallana in the middle today, picking up the ball, driving into space and beating his man. I can't remember those two attacking the Swansea midfield all game.

Would pick Gini over Can though as I think he's more intelligent on the ball.

lol where's 5 mins come from?

Take 2 mins at least for 4 subs. Which would of been and was more for the dawdling way Swansea players went off. Then take another 2 and a half minutes for the goals. And another minute for two bookings.

Strictly speaking it's 30 seconds minimum for each substitution, goal (they account for celebrations) and cards. Whether most refs adhere to that is immaterial. Those are the guidelines.

If anything with all the time wasting going on it could of been longer. Mercifully it wasn't as 96 minutes was MORE than enough!

Last edited:
Think I need to go back town and get bevvied.

Trying to watch this Citeh game but still too on the floor and devoed from earlier to get into it.

Back