The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I don't understand why Sheyi Ojo is currently playing for the 23's and wasn't even on the bench yesterday? Let alone that there's a strong case to say the only genuine, pacey winger not called Mané in the squad should of started.

Granted I'm not privy to what he may or may not of showed in training. But I don't understand the decision on that one. Shrugs.

One thing I'm getting MASSIVELY ****** off with is foreign players/ managers devaluing the FA Cup. Utd ******* started this ***** when they took the disgraceful step to pull out back in 2000 using the FA as an excuse. And ever since, clubs have run with 'if it's all right for Utd ..... ' and devalued it.

Spot on.

It takes a kid that's barely out of nappies to simplistically tell it how it is.

[video=youtube;xMmoQMxzHJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMmoQMxzHJ4[/video]

Cute kid. Bless him.

To be fair, what we know for sure on transfers is he badly wanted Dahoud the summer but after letting Xhaka go to Arsenal, Monchengladbach wouldn't sell for fear of being too light. And this January, we met the fee for Draxler, but couldn't match PSG on salary (not sure why as I don't see how he'd fit into our side at all but I'm not Klopp), and returned for both Brandt and Pulisic but neither BVB nor Leverkusen were prepared to sell at any price until the summer with no chance to replace for the rest of this season. So it's not like he's not been trying to strengthen in the areas. (And that's just the guys we defo know about.).

I don't think anyone expects either Lucas or Kev Stewart to be here after this year. And if Can doesn't play ball over his deal, he'll have to be moved on this summer too. We're light Marko Grujić and the still not fully match fit Sheyi Ojo through injury. I have little doubt both would of gotten good game time the past few months funk had they been fit enough. So you've what, Mané and Ojo as genuine quality wide threats. Henderson and what should be Can for me whilst he's here over Lucas who can no longer play the position in our definition of the 6/ DMP role. With anyone from Lallana/ Wijnaldum/ Can/ Phil ahead/ more advanced along with the young Ejaria and Woodburn who both impress the heck out of me and I see as having big roles to play in the squad for a good few years to come.

We add to that with 2 or 3 top quality players, and some of those starting then become real good quality depth, we're doing sound the summer.

But as regards the here and now, we still have a glorious chance to end the title wait. It's gutting to be out of both cups after this horrendous past week, but now that's past, it's time to focus on the task at hand. Outside of any unforeseen injury's, we're as good a first XI as anyone for the last 16 games of this season now everyones healthy again as we showed when everyone was fit up until the late autumn. 16 games with no cup distractions. Where we can focus everything on the main goal. With Klopp finally having full, uninterrupted weeks on the training park to prepare for the upcoming game. And with the major bonus of a 16 day break, which will be like a mini mid-winter break for ourselves, coming up after the next three games down to missing an FA Cup weekend. Oh yeah, and everyone else having Europe starting up again save for Chelsea who are still going for the Cup. And L'pool having everyone to come to us and the most favourable run-in of anyone with a balance of home games in our favour.

If we beat them Tuesday, I firmly believe the league title is still on.

But we HAVE to beat them. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Players AND fans have to be up for these 16 games and have to give EVERYTHING we have with NOTHING left on the pitch or in the stands.

16 games. 16 Cup Finals to know you've left nothing to try end the drought. That's not too much to ask is it?

Up the Down but FAR from Out Reds!

Last edited:
Finally an award justifiably given nobody could quibble with.

Now move him back the middle where he belongs the next 16 Cup Finals Jürgen and let's have a serious go at this!

Just had someone telling me that top four would be a massive leap forward from 8th last year in his first full season and something to really build on going forward.

I HATE that 'building for next year' ****. No question going from no European football to back in the main competition would be a major step forward. As bitterly disappointing a taste as it would leave when it could of been so much more. But football doesn't work in isolated planned blocks. Football always has and always will be about the here and now and if you have a chance of something you go ALL out for it. You don't 'wait to build on it stronger next year.' Next year might never come!

16 Cup Finals. Leave NOTHING at the game and we'll see where this winds up!

Last edited:
Scouse, I love reading your posts but it really makes me wonder what they put in the water in Liverpool.

Scouse, I love reading your posts but it really makes me wonder what they put in the water in Liverpool.

*Chuckles. Thank you. You can't keep us down for long mate. It's not in this City's nature. Someone will always pick you up. It's who we are and a large part of what makes my home town one of the best City's to be on Earth. To me at least.

It takes a kid that's barely out of nappies to simplistically tell it how it is.

[video=youtube;xMmoQMxzHJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMmoQMxzHJ4[/video]

Credit to the young kid but he's 100% wrong, probably because of his dad.

Just had someone telling me that top four would be a massive leap forward from 8th last year in his first full season and something to really build on going forward.

I HATE that 'building for next year' ****. No question going from no European football to back in the main competition would be a major step forward. As bitterly disappointing a taste as it would leave when it could of been so much more. But football doesn't work in isolated planned blocks. Football always has and always will be about the here and now and if you have a chance of something you go ALL out for it. You don't 'wait to build on it stronger next year.' Next year might never come!

16 Cup Finals. Leave NOTHING at the game and we'll see where this winds up!

I don't mind the building for next year thing. Take it game by game in his first half season as manager, and then this year started really well showing the potential but the latest bit of form has hit us hard. I still think we'll press on keep a bit of pressure on Chelsea at the very minimum by the end of the season.

I think Klopps second full season is where it'll all kick off. It was his third season with Dortmund that he won the league wasn't it?

I don't mind the building for next year thing. Take it game by game in his first half season as manager, and then this year started really well showing the potential but the latest bit of form has hit us hard. I still think we'll press on keep a bit of pressure on Chelsea at the very minimum by the end of the season.

I think Klopps second full season is where it'll all kick off. It was his third season with Dortmund that he won the league wasn't it?

If yers would of told me celebrating in the King Charles the night we beat QPR to win #18 that we'd be waiting 27 more 'next years' to do it again .....

If you have a chance now, seize it with both hands and give it everything you have!

I think you'll personally love this Tezzz lad. It was on a twitter feed earlier.

Everyone remembers '13/'14 when the greeting the bus really took off but it first started back in Rafa's last year. And there's a lot of parallels with this week. We'd just gone out of the Cup at home to a Championship side. Having already gone out the Champs League groups and sat 8th the league. With a London side, 'Spurs, challenging for the title expected to roll us over at Anfield. Then the crowd galvanised into a boot shaking atmosphere and we turned over a far better, league challenging Tottenham team full of the Bales and Modrics 2-0.

[video=youtube;t1ScT3xjzQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ScT3xjzQs[/video]

Encompasses what being a Liverpudlian is all about.

16 Cup Finals!

I don't understand why Sheyi Ojo is currently playing for the 23's and wasn't even on the bench yesterday? Let alone that there's a strong case to say the only genuine, pacey winger not called Mané in the squad should of started.

Granted I'm not privy to what he may or may not of showed in training. But I don't understand the decision on that one. Shrugs.
Hasn't he just come back from a serious back injury. Although I agree with you I would have loved to see either Ojo, Wilson etc... have played in Mane's position when he was at AFCON rather than Lallana. Even now I wouldn't mind dropping Coutinho into midfield and playing either Ojo or Wilson on one of the flanks and moving Bobby back up front.

Hasn't he just come back from a serious back injury. Although I agree with you I would have loved to see either Ojo, Wilson etc... have played in Mane's position when he was at AFCON rather than Lallana. Even now I wouldn't mind dropping Coutinho into midfield and playing either Ojo or Wilson on one of the flanks and moving Bobby back up front.

I have a feeling he'll probably go with a midfield three of Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum with Phil, Bobby and Lallana ahead to start with tomorrow and bring Sadio off the bench at some point. (I'd personally be even tempted to play Origi wide for his speed. Pace in behind the WB's, particularly the woeful Moses <I know he's having a fine season but he's a bang average footballer at best playing above himself like most all Leicesters side last year>, is well there to exploit in Conte's 6/7 back formation.).

Mercifully, barring injury, that should be the last time we're not at full strength and back to the side that played so well through November. Should be the same XI these last 16 games in the main.

Last edited:
I have a feeling he'll probably go with a midfield three of Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum with Phil, Bobby and Lallana ahead to start with tomorrow and bring Sadio off the bench at some point. (I'd personally be even tempted to play Origi wide for his speed. Pace in behind the WB's, particularly the woeful Moses <I know he's having a fine season but he's a bang average footballer at best playing above himself like most all Leicesters side last year>, is well there to exploit in Conte's 6/7 back formation.).

Mercifully, barring injury, that should be the last time we're not at full strength and back to the side that played so well through November. Should be the same XI these last 16 games in the main.
I hope to god he doesnt go with that midfield nor Lallana on the wing. We need width and without Mane we dont have any, it would be forgivable if width was provided by our FB's but Milner has to constantly shift it onto his right and Clyne went to the Djibril Cisse school of closing your eyes and hitting it as hard as you can. I hope Klopp has the guts to start one of the pacey kids tomorrow.

I think you'll personally love this Tezzz lad. It was on a twitter feed earlier.

Everyone remembers '13/'14 when the greeting the bus really took off but it first started back in Rafa's last year. And there's a lot of parallels with this week. We'd just gone out of the Cup at home to a Championship side. Having already gone out the Champs League groups and sat 8th the league. With a London side, 'Spurs, challenging for the title expected to roll us over at Anfield. Then the crowd galvanised into a boot shaking atmosphere and we turned over a far better, league challenging Tottenham team full of the Bales and Modrics 2-0.

[video=youtube;t1ScT3xjzQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ScT3xjzQs[/video]

Encompasses what being a Liverpudlian is all about.

16 Cup Finals!

Brilliant!!

Brilliant!!

Seriously can't wait for the game now kid.

Gone from the absolute depths after the last weeks debacles to fully ready to go again tomorrow against the rent boy _____. Boss how this mad game can just flip yers right around.

This is where this club and this City has always been at it's best. Backs against the wall coming out fighting.

Jürgen will do his part getting the players up and ready. We need to do ours and back them to the hilt. We are MF Scousers and that means something!

16 Cup Finals. It starts against them. BELIEVE!

Presuming Burnley beat Lincoln at home the Cup, we're now looking at a 16 day then a 14 day break over the next month and a half with only Burnley to rearrange at home for midweek.

Those couldn't come at better times to completely refresh for the run-in.

Gotten that right. Moses is a nothing footballer imo but very physically developed. The general standard of full backs have declined. Liverpool can expose the back 3 and exploit the right half space in order to take advantage of space Hazard vacates.

Back