The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
This isn't the moment where you mention Juergen de position, however you say it, for the 100th time this week is it?
Nope but you know it when you see it. Name some other players on your overrated list.

Nope but you know it when you see it. Name some other players on your overrated list.

As it's a Liverpool thread, Can, he's not even overrated, he is just garbage, how the **** he made it to Liverpool and Germany playing football i don't know. I still remember 40year odd Giggs tearing him a new one under Moyes vs Leverkusen.

As it's a Liverpool thread, Can, he's not even overrated, he is just garbage, how the **** he made it to Liverpool and Germany playing football i don't know. I still remember 40year odd Giggs tearing him a new one under Moyes vs Leverkusen.
Klopp's system made him look amazing. Nobody rates him anyway. Should have sold in the summer.

One of the most frustrating young players around. Continues to remain unfulfilled potential that just isn't improving. Having seen what he can produce, I firmly believe there's a £30 million midfielder in there but he's nowhere near the rounded player right now to get to that point. There's just no in between with him. He's either brilliant or he's absolute dog ****. The past week is a prime example. He was all over the park against Chelsea in a fantastically intelligent performance as he took the initiative to fill in. Then against Hull he reverted to absolute garbage. He has all the tools but no consistency.

The decision on him is fast coming to the fore as there's a new contract on the table he's stalling on and next year will be his last year. If he's not signed within the next 3 months he won't be a frustrating issue for L'pool.

I call it Wayne Rooney syndrome. Anybody can make cross field passes with no pressure on the ball.

Yup. Even I can play a nice cross-field Holywood pass. It goes like this:

Control the ball. Look Around. Look at the ball. Look around. Correct the placement of the ball. Look around. Make a little run. Look around. Look at the ball. Make the pass.

Pretty sure Rooney used to spy on me and my pub team, because he uses the exact same routine.

Yup. Even I can play a nice cross-field Holywood pass. It goes like this:

Control the ball. Look Around. Look at the ball. Look around. Correct the placement of the ball. Look around. Make a little run. Look around. Look at the ball. Make the pass.

Pretty sure Rooney used to spy on me and my pub team, because he uses the exact same routine.
I thought I was going crazy when pundits would **** lick him because he hit a cross field pass. Completely forgetting how the opposition would just run past him in midfield.

Lazy stereotype. Sounds like something that would come from a traditional pundit.

Not a stereotype at all its the truth, no-one expects him to go throwing his weight around the pitch etc but there is common sense. Arsenal pressed Chelsea high up early on and forced an error which they nearly scored from, once they stopped doing it Chelsea attacked at will! Ozil and Sanchez just let Luiz walk through the middle of them setting up chance after chance, now is that their mentalities or is it what they are being coached???? There is a reason why Ozil is never seen in big matches because its in them matches where you have to work that extra bit more, put that extra bit of running and pressure in. When a team is sitting deep and its all you there isn't many players i'd rather have than Ozil however when he going gets tough..... No thanks.

Not a stereotype at all its the truth, no-one expects him to go throwing his weight around the pitch etc but there is common sense. Arsenal pressed Chelsea high up early on and forced an error which they nearly scored from, once they stopped doing it Chelsea attacked at will! Ozil and Sanchez just let Luiz walk through the middle of them setting up chance after chance, now is that their mentalities or is it what they are being coached???? There is a reason why Ozil is never seen in big matches because its in them matches where you have to work that extra bit more, put that extra bit of running and pressure in. When a team is sitting deep and its all you there isn't many players i'd rather have than Ozil however when he going gets tough..... No thanks.
Name examples.

Of being bad 'when the going gets tough'.

Well saturday being case in point, i just thought Arsenal were bringing him on to take corners because he was absolutely anonymous. Literally done nothing positive may has well be playing with 10 men.

Well saturday being case in point, i just thought Arsenal were bringing him on to take corners because he was absolutely anonymous. Literally done nothing positive may has well be playing with 10 men.
He was our best player by a mile. Not sure you understand how to read that game.

- He's doing nothing.
- Yeah, but he's doing it in the perfect spot.

thats taking it a bit far dont you think but how ******* cool would that be to meet a legend of your club but i might have a bit of a cry tbh

Back