The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Got offered two tickets for the Spurs match on Saturday while I was in the car, instantly took them. 17:30 kick off just screams day sesh with my best mate who's a massive red too.

Until I remembered the missus was in the car next to me and I had promised her I will take her to a match soon (She's also a red)

******* Bluetooth Audio, wrong time for that call!

I'm going to risk the dog house for the day sesh with my mate though, and seeing as Spurs wont hold 10 behind the ball I'm confident in us!

Got offered two tickets for the Spurs match on Saturday while I was in the car, instantly took them. 17:30 kick off just screams day sesh with my best mate who's a massive red too.

Until I remembered the missus was in the car next to me and I had promised her I will take her to a match soon (She's also a red)

******* Bluetooth Audio, wrong time for that call!

I'm going to risk the dog house for the day sesh with my mate though, and seeing as Spurs wont hold 10 behind the ball I'm confident in us!

That is utterly boss and utterly hilarious in equal measure.

You'll get her to a game this year mate. I'll check in with you and we'll box something off.

A peace blackberry (?) pie. Lol. Nice ta.

No worry's. **** gets said, Then the screen gets closed. **** get's forgotten.

‏ @AnfieldHQ

Klopp gave his players two days off following Hull. He was furious but decided they needed rest rather than extra sessions. (James Pearce)11:42 am · 7 Feb 2017

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go off somewhere warm in the coming weeks like he did a couple of International breaks last year.

We've a 16 day break following Saturday's game against 'Spurs. Which, presuming Burnley beat Lincoln City at home the next round of the FA Cup, will be followed by another 14 day break.

A double break for some warm weather training would be like a mid-winter break and be very welcome.

cjackoo11 be the bigger man here pls just drop it you cant win i beg you will slowly lose the will to live if you keep replying to him mate

So says the Telegraph..

More at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...150000-a-week-contract/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

I think he is a good player but this would make him their highest earner alongside Coutinho and Sturridge and this is also more than what Ozil and Sanchez earn right now at Arsenal. He's also 28 years old which means he'll be on big wages at 32. Thoughts?

Saw this when it broke last night. It's been in the offing for a few weeks now but I wasn't going to say anything until it was official.

'Thoughts?' ..... Fantastic news to get another key player both locked down for the long haul and rewarded for his brilliant play this year. (So much for the tired arl rhetoric, not least from stupid, reactionary L'pool fans, that FSG refuse to spend any money.)

I find it amazing how under appreciated he still is by many. Real intelligent, technically fantastic footballer who always plays off the front foot looking to create something. The only thing he lacks that keeps him out of the very top echelon for me is that real pace to break away. Which has been negated by the managers inspired decision to move him inside this year where he doesn't so much need it and can just do what he does. Now, he's been able to play on his strengths and showcase just how technically good he is in small spaces, using his quick feet and intelligence to break free of his direct opponent. Which has lead to him arriving late into the box and finding space to create havoc. He just keeps everything ticking over and pushing L'pool forward. You then throw in his ridiculous work rate and fitness (is there any fitter footballer in this league? Certainly not by the #'s of the record setting ground he covers game on game. Fella's a freak of an athletic specimen), and it's easy to see why he's so integral to Klopp's system and one of the first names down on the team sheet.

Even if you get to the stage where a Lallana or the like is just quality depth on your bench when better quality is signed (I don't think he will be like for a whiles yet as Jürgen clearly loves him and most everything good we do stems from him. Along with him being the hardest working and most ridiculously fit player we possesses as mentioned which is quite the turnaround from the guy who couldn't get through 60 minutes when Klopp first arrived); how is that possibly a bad thing?

We've seen the past few months that after the first XI, there's a drop off in quality and at worse case Adam being an option on the bench over a Lucas or still developing Can (who's a whole other subject) would be a massive step forward in that regard.

Some very prudent moves going on from Edwards tying down our best players Klopp wants without going stupid on wages beyond our means. As much a part of squad building as the sorely needed new additions.

Replacing an English player (that's the other KEY thing people forget. The 'home grown' quota that goes into the make up of a PL squad today) of anything like the caliber of Lallana would cost a pretty penny and then some.

Last edited:

Saw this when it broke last night. It's been in the offing for a few weeks now but I wasn't going to say anything until it was official.

'Thoughts?' ..... Fantastic news to get another key player both locked down for the long haul and rewarded for his brilliant play this year. (So much for the tired arl rhetoric, not least from stupid, reactionary L'pool fans, that FSG refuse to spend any money.)

I find it amazing how under appreciated he still is by many. Real intelligent, technically fantastic footballer who always plays off the front foot looking to create something. The only thing he lacks that keeps him out of the very top echelon for me is that real pace to break away. Which has been negated by the managers inspired decision to move him inside this year where he doesn't so much need it and can just do what he does. Now, he's been able to play on his strengths and showcase just how technically good he is in small spaces, using his quick feet and intelligence to break free of his direct opponent. Which has lead to him arriving late into the box and finding space to create havoc. He just keeps everything ticking over and pushing L'pool forward. You then throw in his ridiculous workmate and fitness (is there any fitter footballer in this league? Certainly not by the #'s of the record setting ground he covers game on game. Fella's a freak of an athletic specimen), and it's easy to see why he's so integral to Klopp's system and one of the first names down on the team sheet.

Even if you get to the stage where a Lallana or the like is just quality depth on your bench when better quality is signed (I don't think he will be like for a whiles yet as Jürgen clearly loves him and most everything good we do stems from him. Along with him being the hardest working and most ridiculously fit player we possesses as mentioned which is quite the turnaround from the guy who couldn't get through 60 minutes when Klopp first arrived); how is that possibly a bad thing?

We've seen the past few months that after the first XI, there's a drop off in quality and at worse case Adam being an option on the bench over a Lucas or still developing Can (who's a whole other subject) would be a massive step forward in that regard.
Some very prudent moves going on from Edwards tying down our best players Klopp wants without going stupid on wages beyond our means. As much a part of squad building as the sorely needed new additions.

Replacing an English player (that's the other KEY thing people forget. The 'home grown' quota that goes into the make up of a PL squad today) of anything like the caliber of Lallana would cost a pretty penny and then some.
Good news imo. While I don't think he's a great player, he is key in how Klopp plays and has improved no end underneath him. Also shows Pool are willing to offer a decent wage to player targets in the future!

Good news imo. While I don't think he's a great player, he is key in how Klopp plays and has improved no end underneath him. Also shows Pool are willing to offer a decent wage to player targets in the future!

Trust me when I say if he was at Utd you'd love him and you'd want him in the XI every week. So under appreciated it's untrue until you watch him up close and see just what he brings through a game. But because he's not a MOTD highlight reel player he get's continually overlooked by the wider audience.

Back