The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Trust me when I say if he was at Utd you'd love him and you'd want him in the XI every week. So under appreciated it's untrue until you watch him up close and see just what he brings through a game. But because he's not a MOTD highlight reel player he get's continually overlooked by the wider audience.
I would defo have him at Utd but not as a starter. I agree he's underrated by a lot though.

I would defo have him at Utd but not as a starter. I agree he's underrated by a lot though.

Which was the point to what you've just said there. You don't appreciate just what Adam Lallana brings until he's on your team. He's not flashy to grab all the headlines. But he's a top quality football player. I was the same when we shelled out £25 million for him. And even more so the first couple of years when first Rodgers played him out of position on the wing/ wide, and then he was stuck there under Klopp in a needs must scenario last year as there was nobody near as talented. But he isn't and never has been a winger. He lacks the speed for that. The only thing lacking from his game. Inside, he's fantastic. England have nothing comparable midfield outside of maybe what Ali could become.

All hypothetical as it's never happening but I'd lay good money you'd be looking at him as a lot more than just quality depth if he was directly up against what you currently have in midfield. Carrick and Herrera couldn't get near him the last game at OT with his intelligence in there to find the space. So much so Carrick was pulled at HT.

Wijnaldum's another one that you see him for other clubs, or watch a game on the telly and you're like 'Huh? Don't get the hype. Just what does he do during a game?' But then you go the match and watch him up close for 90 minutes and you're screaming in frustration at anyone else who doesn't see/ get it from afar.

Hang on, much as I rate Lallana, Herrera easily the better of the two the last games, And Carrick was subbed for us to go more attacking, not because of Lallana. Watched Lallana for Saint's, Liverpool and England. Wouldnt have him over Herrera in midfield.

That's a spin and a half. But then we completely disagree that it was a fair point so we'll agree to disagree and leave it at completely different opinions.

No spin. United went from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 via Rooney. Lallana wasn't even the most influential player on your team, let alone the game. Apart from his good shot, he barely played effective passes in our half, let alone our defensive third, he didnt successfull beat his man, or create a chance, and in terms of turning the high press into a counter, he did that just once in our half, with an interception

Herrera out passed him in the opposition half despite playing deeper, and won the ball higher up the pitch and more often, and created more (not by much, creating one good chance), and beat more players (again not by much)

This is why L'pool and Utd can't watch a game together.

The converse view would be Lallana, playing at the front of the diamond we completely surprised you with, was finding that much space in between Carrick and Herrara/ behind them in front of the two centre half's who didn't know whether to stick of twist and step out that much the first half to the point it was as much do with Carrick being absolute dog _____ for once that he got yanked as much as any change in formation.

But we're gonna' have completely differing views on how that played out. It just is what it is.

Mourinho has pulled Carrick for Rooney at HT to go 4-2-3-1 on a few occasions when we've needed to be more aggressive this season. So no, Adam Lallana wasn't the reason he was taken off. If he was so threatening, and if he was the reason, then surely it wouldn't make sense to go a man light in midfield. It was an aggressive substitute, nothing more nothing less. It had nothing to do with anything any Liverpool player showed, more so what United players didn't show.

Lallana a #10 for me, Klopp has done wonders with him in this deeper role. A very technical player, very talented, but I personally wouldn't take him in the middle of the park for any of our natural central midfielders.

Again, we're naturally gonna' have a completely different view on that so it is what it is.

No lallana or lovern tomorrow looking like the same team as last week which means can and wingi in the middle which everyone knows doesnt work

Real shame the young Serb has had such an injury hit first season. Been plenty of opportunitys for him but alas he's not been healthy.

tbh i can see you lot beting spurs i know it will be hard but just have this feeling you will turn them over

We better had. This goes on much longer Arsenal, Chelsea, City and 'Spurs will disappear into the sunset and we'll be left fighting it out with you lads for the 'honour' of who finishes 5/6th!

dont worry about arsenal thay are dog **** at the mo and i dont think thay will get top 4

Pool banned all S*n reporters from their matches and press conferences. About time and I would like every club to follow suit

I know he's not been great this season but I would love to see Sturridge get a run of 5 starts to see whether he can pick some form up, coming on for 20 minutes isnt really going to get him going. Obviously the second question is can he manage 5 starts without his weetabix legs caving in.

Such a shame to see him where he is now because he can be truly unbelievable when in form.

I dont think anyone will disagree with the ban, but have to ask: why now, and why did it take so long?

I know he's not been great this season but I would love to see Sturridge get a run of 5 starts to see whether he can pick some form up, coming on for 20 minutes isnt really going to get him going. Obviously the second question is can he manage 5 starts without his weetabix legs caving in.

Such a shame to see him where he is now because he can be truly unbelievable when in form.

Dont think he will ever fit in with Klopp's style of play. Right now he is just a luxury player who is out of form. If he's not scoring its like playing with 10 because he isn't doing much else.

Back