The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
CB's are so hard to get, especially when your looking for proven quality/experience. Bonucci is the dream for any top PL club. But nearly impossible to get, that's the problem.

CB's are so hard to get, especially when your looking for proven quality/experience. Bonucci is the dream for any top PL club. But nearly impossible to get, that's the problem.
Yeah can't see Bonucci leaving. Even though it's rumoured City will offer 71m for him. Lots of top CBs about atm especially young ones.

The only games other than LFC you should be watching Scouse is Centrebacks were linked with. We desperately need a left-sided partner in defence for Matip. Should be priority number one in the summer.

Joking aside (or not as you're still well wrong on Clyne! :@), just a reliable centre half that isn't injured the majority of games would be nice. When you look at what Klopp's had to contend with the injury/ Sakho being a complete ******* record back there is beyond unfortunate. Just hasn't been able to bed down a consistent two together at all:

C50OX00XEAEq7LH.jpg

That's the key bit really. If you're willing to take a risk then there are plenty of CBs with loads of potential ready to take the step up. Problem is, for every Alderweireld there's a Mangala.

Lovren's fitness issues throws the centre back need slightly for me now this summer.

I would of been looking for just one to add to Matip, Gomez, and Lovren in the main 4 with Klaven filling out the back end depth. But is Lovren becoming a longer term concern if he's gonna' continue to miss so much? Do you then start looking for 2? I can't see Lovren being moved on at all but there is a growing fitness concern there.

Whomever gets added doesn't need to be anyone that stands directly in the way of the super talent we have in Gomez. And I think Klopp's acutely aware of that too from everything he's said on young Joe. He'll get his fair number of games next year. Love that only this yesterday he was humbly saying how great it was to be leading the 23's and just enjoying playing again and working back to full fitness.

That's the key bit really. If you're willing to take a risk then there are plenty of CBs with loads of potential ready to take the step up. Problem is, for every Alderweireld there's a Mangala.

Good recruitment by City's standards, I'll raise you a John Stones!

Good recruitment by City's standards, I'll raise you a John Stones!

Stones will come good in my opinion, under the perfect coach he just needs to finish off his recruitment in the summer. Whats hurting him and city to an extent is that Kompany cannot get on the pitch because he is made glass

Cities CB recruitment has been poor to put it nicely. There's still hope for Stones, but not much. Mangala, Nastasic, Savic, Otemendi, that young Belgium lad that was suppose to be the next second coming. Stones is another one heading that way.

Stones will come good in my opinion, under the perfect coach he just needs to finish off his recruitment in the summer. Whats hurting him and city to an extent is that Kompany cannot get on the pitch because he is made glass

I rated Stones quite highly but he really needs the right player next to him I think.

I rated Stones quite highly but he really needs the right player next to him I think.

Yeah he needs the right partner and in CB terms he us still very young people forget that. The kid has really high potential but needs the right partner i.e. not Otamendi and some good coaching which he will be getting. Also needs a settled team and a team that suits Peps style also because at the moment you feel that, that city team is only halfway there which is scary given how good they have been on occasions

“I have respect for Klopp and I know him - he was very welcoming to me here - but I was never really thinking about going to Liverpool,” Pulisic said.

“Dortmund have given me everything. If I work very hard here I will play and I love this club.”

“I have respect for Klopp and I know him - he was very welcoming to me here - but I was never really thinking about going to Liverpool,” Pulisic said.

“Dortmund have given me everything. If I work very hard here I will play and I love this club.”
Yeah just read that. Said he wants to stay at Dortmund for the next 2-3 years and develop. Not very often young players say that.

Well at this moment Dortmund is a step up so you can see his point of wanting to stay.

Evertonian friends, as they have done the past week as things have rampend up here, can call us deluded and laugh all they like. But our time is coming again with everything primed to end that LONG 26 year wait.

Roll on Sunday to get this up and running. Hope is as high as it's been at ANY time the past 26 years. I've laid money on us for the first time in my life. Like he said when he arrived, now is the time to BELIEVE!

Up the Pool. Mighty Reds. This is our year!

How much did you lay down Scouse?

Well that was worth hanging on for before starting this match day.

Don't normally comment on the U-18's, but they've just rounded off the regular season in style by handing by far and away the best group at this age level in the Country, Manchester City, their first defeat of the season 2-0. Soaked up a lot of pressure but a dug in with a great team performance against a side that will doubtless win it all the Champions playoff group we now both progress to as well as being a shoe-in to beat Stoke the Youth Cup semis.

With Stevie Gerrard giving the pre and H/T team talk for the first time as he expands on the coaching trail.

Historic day all round.

Now to take care of an Arsenal side even more fragile and schizophrenic than ourselves. See you back in the top 4 later on.

Up the Reds!

I see how it is. Ban all the Liverpool fans till im the only one left... :'(

I see how it is. Ban all the Liverpool fans till im the only one left... :'(

Tbf I'm surprised that Tezz wasnt banned ages ago, as for scouse could be a good poster but he literally asked Mike to do it so can't say I'm surprised

Back