The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M

Nick Harris
‏ @sportingintel

Liverpool's wage bill 2015-16, confirmed today: £208m. That's bigger than Man City (£198m) and Arsenal (£195m). Smaller only than MUFC, CFC.

Nick Harris
‏ @sportingintel

What's especially odd about LFC's £208m wages for 15-16 is a whopping yr-on-yr rise of 25% and doesn't include £16m pay-off to Rodgers & Co.

Wages to turnover
Liverpool - 69%
Chelsea - 68%
Arsenal - 56%
Tottenham - 51%
Man City - 50%
Man Utd - 45%

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetic, sans-serif]Surprised by this tbh.[/FONT]

Nick Harris
‏ @sportingintel

Liverpool's wage bill 2015-16, confirmed today: £208m. That's bigger than Man City (£198m) and Arsenal (£195m). Smaller only than MUFC, CFC.

Nick Harris
‏ @sportingintel

What's especially odd about LFC's £208m wages for 15-16 is a whopping yr-on-yr rise of 25% and doesn't include £16m pay-off to Rodgers & Co.

Wages to turnover
Liverpool - 69%
Chelsea - 68%
Arsenal - 56%
Tottenham - 51%
Man City - 50%
Man Utd - 45%

Surprised by this tbh.
Whats the source for this because I'm surprised Arsenal and City dont have a higher wage bill.

That's staggering. There's been a 25% year on year increase. That's mental. Where the **** is your money going?!

are you still paying wages to players you have sold i know that went on in the past

That also won't include the long term deals signed by Lallana and Coutinho recently too.

The stat below is very telling too, that's very high for a large club, especially one going down the self sustaining route

Wages to turnover
Liverpool - 69%

That also won't include the long term deals signed by Lallana and Coutinho recently too.

The stat below is very telling too, that's very high for a large club, especially one going down the self sustaining route

Wages to turnover
Liverpool - 69%

And also doesn't include the managerial payoff, 16m is not too be sniffed at. Insane I don't see where the money goes either not 200m anyway

Aside from Tezz's jab at United fans all being form Kazakstan or whatever what did he do? Was it an abusive comment that was deleted or something? Or was it an "over-time" sort of thing? or did he

On Scouse, I like him as a poster, agree with him 90% but he did get a bit OTT with his unnecessary jibes every other post. Hope to see him back.

It's 3 years of stuff over time, hughesman. He could have gone years ago, but I've let him off time and again. He didnt listen.

Not sure why Scouse started posting like he did for last 6 weeks, but if he can start posting more like his old self and less like Tezzz 2.0 it would be good to have him back, Ball entirely in his court.

Well Liverpool win today certainly opens up this top 4 more than ever, Arsenal with a win today could of let a bit of a 4 point cushion to us and Liverpool in 4th place.

It's ridiculous how open it is, I'm glad we still have the ability to chase CL via a Trophy.

That wage bill is just nuts. Looks like FM-style payoffs for players who were sold.

It has to be Tyton, otherwise there is some serious wastage going on at the club

Aside from Tezz's jab at United fans all being form Kazakstan or whatever what did he do? Was it an abusive comment that was deleted or something? Or was it an "over-time" sort of thing? or did he

On Scouse, I like him as a poster, agree with him 90% but he did get a bit OTT with his unnecessary jibes every other post. Hope to see him back.

He's always been discriminating foreign fans, on top of being complete *******. How many times did he just insult someone over nothing. It was long over due if you ask me. Dude has to have worse infraction history than Scott or me.

Tezzz is a deeply unpleasant person, not entirely sure why Scouse hitched his cart to that wagon, but ah well. Much more interesting things to talk about anyway.

I'd be curious as to how much wages was being paid to the actual playing squad. I'd also be alarmed about turnover I mean didn't pool get 50m for sterling that year too?

Off the top of my head you have the Milner deal he is on what about 100k p/w. He must also have had a fairly sizeable signong on fee you would imagine.

Firmino deal so again he must have had a sizeable signing on fee and same must be true of Benteke.

But when you consider its more than city and they have Aguero, KDB, Silva, Yaya, Sterling, Kompany et al all on probably 150k+ a week you begin to see the insanity of it.

If I was a Liverpool fan I would be asking serious questions about what my club is doing with the money.

Edit - the city figures for wages don't include around 700 staff from around the world will just be the way they do some creative accounting but even so thats doesn't even matter really as the disparity still wouldn't be much I don't think

Never thought I would say this, but come on Everton! Smash Spurs today. Lukaku Hattrick please.

well both to lose would be awsome but a draw would just as good from a utd point of view

Back