The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Apparently at £39.4M, so just shy of the £40m Roma originally wanted

Dont see why its took 3 weeks and saved 0.7m seems pointless. In football terms i dont get why lfc didnt just pay the 5m difference which was reported at one stage

That sounds pretty good in todays market.

Dont see why its took 3 weeks and saved 0.7m seems pointless. In football terms i dont get why lfc didnt just pay the 5m difference which was reported at one stage

It's a very reasonable price in the hyper inflated market, which makes the to and fro a complete waste of time, as Danny points out

It's a very reasonable price in the hyper inflated market, which makes the to and fro a complete waste of time, as Danny points out
You can't blame the guys for wanting to get a better deal. And its still off season, he'll probably join the rest of his teammates in like a week or two.

You can't blame the guys for wanting to get a better deal. And its still off season, he'll probably join the rest of his teammates in like a week or two.

But Roma budged all of less than a million. Waste of time on an already good deal

Be interesting to see how Klopp fits him in. Least won't miss Mane so much if he is out again for a spell. Not bad price in today's market. Hope he shows his Roma form and not Chelsea form, even though never got a fair crack.

Given that they failed to make a meaningful saving all they really did was give every other team a couple of weeks where they could jump in and meet the asking price and buy him instead of Liverpool

The only thing that would make sense, is if Roma wanted it all up front and Liverpool paying in installlments, but not seen that either

I have no idea buddy. My logic is - they tried to get better deal for themselves, while not losing much in the process. Its not like their CEO or whoever works on transfers has to sit 24/7 in Rome to make the deal. Anyway, me defending Liverpool is making me unconformable and I think I need to take a shower.

Roma wanted at least £40 million right from the get go. L'pool valued him more around the £35 mark. With the add-on's (which if they're trophy related all the better) a middle ground has finally been reached that could eventually tally £39 million. Everyone ultimately gets more or less what they wanted. Where's the problem there again?

Solanke. Salah. Very nice start to the summer as much as the restless have been ******** all over social media at no activity.

Fully expect L'pool's transfer record to be broken another couple of times before the windows over.

Given that they failed to make a meaningful saving all they really did was give every other team a couple of weeks where they could jump in and meet the asking price and buy him instead of Liverpool

£5 million or more is a pretty significant saving wouldn't you say than if they'd of blindly just paid the full amount Roma have been after right through? Which would have been stupid as L'pool had the strong position in the negotiations. Roma needed the money to break even by the end of the month. Salah wanted out. And he both agreed and wanted to come to L'pool.

After the initial van Dijk F-up they've played this one almost perfectly to get what they wanted out of it.

Roma wanted at least £40 million right from the get go. L'pool valued him more around the £35 mark. With the add-on's (which if they're trophy related all the better) a middle ground has finally been reached that could eventually tally £39 million. Everyone ultimately gets more or less what they wanted. Where's the problem there again?

Solanke. Salah. Very nice start to the summer as much as the restless have been ******** all over social media at no activity.

Fully expect L'pool's transfer record to be broken another couple of times before the windows over.
It was 45m euros They wanted, which is pretty much where you are now tbh.

The only real saving is whether they wanted it up front/vs you paying in installments.

Either way a good addition

This was my point aswell. We didnt get salah last time because it took months to agree fee chelsea come along paid the mobey straight away and we lost out. I think if its now been paid in installments then fair enough but dont roma now the money now to pass FFP? Which would mean weve paid 35m upfront then upto 4-5m addons? Took 3-4 weeks for that. Risky game

This was my point aswell. We didnt get salah last time because it took months to agree fee chelsea come along paid the mobey straight away and we lost out. I think if its now been paid in installments then fair enough but dont roma now the money now to pass FFP? Which would mean weve paid 35m upfront then upto 4-5m addons? Took 3-4 weeks for that. Risky game

Yep. Will be interesting to see if Liverpool are paying in installments, that would certainly be worth negotiating for 3 weeks over. Assuming Roma were asking for full whack up front. That said, Roma are about to drop 35m themselves anyway and are looking to sell manolas to Zenit, so not sure if FFP was all that big a deal this season for them.

It's not that risky mate when the player wants to come to you and Roma had to compromise to break even. You go in from the get go and pay the £40 million or so they wanted you've cost yourself £5 million that can be added elsewhere.

They've had the strong hand right through this with Salah wanting to play here and Roma having to sell. Just a matter of being patient and finding the middle ground. That's come in Roma having to concede they weren't getting what they wanted outside of structuring the add-ons and L'pool only giving up now what they wanted.

Everyone's happy. In the main, major transfers take time. City over paying to get players in early this summer has skewed a lot of thinking on that.

It's not that risky mate when the player wants to come to you and Roma had to compromise to break even. You go in from the get go and pay the £40 million or so they wanted you've cost yourself £5 million that can be added elsewhere.

They've had the strong hand right through this with Salah wanting to play here and Roma having to sell. Just a matter of being patient and finding the middle ground. That's come in Roma having to concede they weren't getting what they wanted outside of structuring the add-ons and L'pool only giving up now what they wanted.

Everyone's happy. In the main, major transfers take time. City over paying to get players in early this summer has skewed a lot of thinking on that.

You didn't find the middle ground. You paid their fee. You met their 45m euro asking price.

Back