The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Might want to change your password

For someone in Uni your reading comprehension really isn't where it should be lid.

Or maybe we should just be kind and say you're playing with context to get a reaction.

Which I guess worked. WTG you Sir!

Dude, its your own words. @Iamauser can censure me by all means if he thinks I am, but you actually said it.

The heck I compared them. I said Liverpool haven't had a wide combo as good as they have now since maybe right back to those two.

Context. That's not a direct comparison of players to even the slowest of readers. But you know this already. The same way you ask for something, then completely ignore what you asked for and blunder on regardless.

And we're only in June. This be a long summer.

Last edited:
The heck I compared them. I said Liverpool haven't had a wide combo as good as they have now since maybe right back to those two.

Context. That's not a direct compariosn of players to even the slowest of readers. But you know this already. The same way you ask for something, then completely ignore what you asked for and bblunder on regardless.

In we're only in June. This be a long summer.

First off, you're are actually comparing the duo to B+R so try again

Secondly I didn't ignore what you asked for, what you said didnt actually back up your point, it backed up mine, as wkdsoul pointed out.

So now you're telling me what I wrote wasn't actually what I wrote but how you chose to interpret it. Soz abar me for not knowing my own mind.

And getting someone saying exactly what you asked for, someone in the game saying he was the best defender in Europe (which may I add, as I did, is just an opinion and means little. As I repeatedly said. Unlike more responses than yours that claimed it as some sort of definitive fact that he wasn't arguably among the best around) ..... isn't.

Is it the heat getting to you all? Because this is beyond ridiculous. But hey, before kitchen takes away more cookies (don't ask. We have an on running thing), I shall let you all have it and save a few pages of more bunkum.

your cookies are save lid no need to worry about theem till the season starts and all this bullshit about who wil sign who has calmed down a tad but i would not put money on it

All aboard HypeTrain '17 for the new season... Scouse is driving...

View attachment 1119637

:)

He genuinely fits the stereotype of a delusional Liverpool fan. Title challenge and chance of any other trophies fizzled out by January last season despite there being no Europe yet he talks about winning the league next season.

He genuinely fits the stereotype of a delusional Liverpool fan. Title challenge and chance of any other trophies fizzled out by January last season despite there being no Europe yet he talks about winning the league next season.
Or he is someone who passionately supports their club and is excited about a new signing. Also what the hells wrong with wanting you're team to do well in the upcoming season. If you think Scouse is delusional then you need to check out the other LFC based forums (looking at you RAWK).

Last edited:
Liverpool legend calls for Virgil Van Dijk to go on strike to force move away from Southampton

Liverpool were forced to issue an embarrassing public apology after being accused of tapping up Van Dijk earlier this month.

But Anfield legend John Aldridge said: “Players and their agents hold all the power these days and if he says he won’t kick another ball for Southampton and demands a move, it will happen.”
Liverpool also insisted they had dropped their interest in signing the £70m-rated Dutch defender following Southampton’s complaint to the Premier League.
But with Liverpool previously convinced that Anfield was Van Dijk’s preferred destination, Aldridge encouraged him to take matters into his own hands.
He added: “Tapping up goes on all the time in the game and even if Liverpool went a bit far in their pursuit of Van Dijk before they spoke to Southampton, I don’t believe this transfer story is dead in the water.
“Van Dijk needs to make the next move and I reckon he will tell Southampton that he wants out and he wants to go to Liverpool.
“I don’t like the way the game has gone in some ways and players can hold clubs to ransom if they want a move and big money offers are coming in, but that is the way of the world now.

Liverpool-FC-Legends-v-Australian-Legends

John Aldridge during the match between Liverpool Legends and the Australian Legends (Photo: Mark Kolbe/Liverpool FC via Getty)“I still see this transfer happening one way or the other and I certainly hope it does because I’d like to have seen a little more movement from Liverpool in the transfer market this summer.”

Aldridge is a regular contributor to Liverpool’s in-house TV station though was not on club duty when giving his take on Van Dijk.

Though his comments might still cause concern at Liverpool who are understood to be “desperate” for the Van Dijk furore to disappear.​

For their part, Southampton’s stance remains that Van Dijk is going nowhere and especially not to Liverpool.

That's pretty naughty from him. Imagine if Xavi did thatover Coutinho, Liverpool would rightly be spitting feathers. Also it wont help any pursuit either, simply **** off Saints more

Not often you hear Johnnie Aldridge described as a L'pool legend.' I mean his is locally like but the majority of L'pool fans aren't mentioning Aldo quickly if you asked them to name the best strikers that played for the club. They should as it was a phenomenal couple of years and he was part of Kennys great '88 team. But it was only a couple of years so it all gets quickly forgotten.

A little naughty indeed. Doubt its even registered at Southampton. (This isn't a club employee like what ever divvy decided it'd be a sound idea to rub Southanptons noises in it that he wanted to only come one club before the curtesy of a bid was even in.). But people need to think more before they run their mouths off.

Although he's not exactly telling van Dijk to go on strike, it's still a little naughty to put out there.

Last edited:
Not often you hear Johnnie Aldridge described as a L'pool legend.' I mean his is locally like but the majority of L'pool fans aren't mentioning Aldo quickly if you asked them to name the best strikers that played for the club. They should as it was a phenomenal couple of years and he was part of Kennys great '88 team. But it was only a couple of years so it all gets quickly forgotten.

A little naughty indeed. Doubt its even registered at Southampton. (This isn't a club employee like what ever divvy decided it'd be a sound idea to rub Southanptons noises in it that he wanted to only come one club before the curtesy of a bid was even in.). But people need to think more before they run their mouths off.

Although he's not exactly telling van Dijk to go on strike, it's still a little naughty to put out there.

On its own, its a just a bit silly, but you wouldnt think much of it. But in the context of everything else thats happened, you dont need someone at Saints reading it and getting the hump. If there is a club who will take offence at anything, its Saints

Or he is someone who passionately supports their club and is excited about a new signing. Also what the hells wrong with wanting you're team to do well in the upcoming season. If you think Scouse is delusional then you need to check out the other LFC based forums (looking at you RAWK).

There is a fine line between wanting your team to do well and spouting off the entire time about how Liverpool are the 'champions elect' as he did last summer.

Liking turning down £11 million from Napoli for Alby.

Not that he's done much of anything to increase his value his time here but the market is what it is and L'pool now play the game.

its a pity the is not a dislike butten for posts like this

Well ****. Andy frigging Carroll is still our top signing.

Lol. He's hanging on in there.

Salah confirmed for £30.8 million, possibly rising to £34. 3 million. An even bigger saving than the £5 million discussed yesterday. THAT'S why you don't jump in head first and pay more when you hold the strong hand in a deal.

EXCELLENT start to the summer.

He's switched with Firmino to have the 11 shirt. Bobby now #9.

Last edited:
I think that's 34 rising to 39 in most reports, Scouse.- 5yr deal though, Nice :)

I think that's 34 rising to 39 in most reports, Scouse.- 5yr deal though, Nice :)

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Salah is a Liverpool player: Roma will receive 42 million euros plus bonuses[/h][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Home / News[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Salah.jpg

Roma
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]22/06/17 22:19 | News | Autore: Redazione
Mohamed Salah is no longer a Roma player. The Egyptian player is now a Liverpool player. Roma will receive 42 million euros plus bonuses tied to performance-related targets
Here is the official Roma press release:
"The club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with Liverpool FC for the transfer of winger Mohamed Salah.
Salah will join the Premier League side for an initial fee of €42 million. The move will be formally completed when the transfer window opens in England on July 1.
The deal for the 25-year-old also includes various additional clauses, worth up to a total of €8m, based on the player and Liverpool achieving certain performance-related targets.
Salah joined the Giallorossi on an initial loan from Chelsea in the summer of 2015, with the deal made permanent later that same year. In his two seasons in the Italian capital the Egypt international made a total of 83 appearances for the club, scoring 34 goals.
During the 2016-17 campaign the forward made 41 appearances in all competitions, scoring 15 goals in Serie A and 19 overall.
Salah’s last game for Roma came in the 3-2 win over Genoa at the end of May, which saw the club secure automatic qualification for next season’s Champions League group stage.
The club would like to thank Mohamed for his service and wish him well for the future."

[/FONT]

Roma being a PLC will be the time you actually get an accurate breakdown.

The Italians currently say one thing. Others say another. Southampton claimed Mané went for more than he did last summer.

He's not L'pool's record signing that is for sure with the initial fee.

Back