The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You didn't find the middle ground. You paid their fee. You met their 45m euro asking price.

We did?

Seling club starts out wanting £40 million plus. (The €45 million fee is irrelevant until the past week. They were pushing for more than that. Hence negotiations taking a whiles.). Buying club are set on paying around £35 million. So the compromise is reached with add-ons that may or may not be achieved. Selling club could ultimately get upwards of what the wanted all along. But have had to settle for less right now. Buying club haven't gone above what they wanted to down pay but have reached a compromise in potential add-ons.

How else would you describe it?

We did?

Seling club starts out wanting £40 million plus. (The €45 million fee is irrelevant until the past week. They were pushing for more than that. Hence negotiations taking a whiles.). Buying club are set on paying around £35 million. So the compromise is reached with add-ons that may or may not be achieved. Selling club could ultimately get upwards of what the wanted all along. But have had to settle for less right now. Buying club haven't gone above what they wanted to down pay but have reached a compromise in potential add-ons.

How else would you describe it?

Roma asked for 45m Euros (btw 45m euros is just shy of 40m pounds). That was the original price from back in April

You're paying 40m+5m structured. That is meeting their price

Wait. What?

How are City effecting L'pool's transfer plans again? What did I miss?

*Edit* van Dijk? Nah, can't be him. He has zero interest in City so that changes nottin'. Oxlade-Chamberlian? Could be that one I guess but I don't think it would impact anything to anything significant degree.

Buggers better not be after Keita too. That the one?

Last edited:
Be interesting to see how Klopp fits him in. Least won't miss Mane so much if he is out again for a spell. Not bad price in today's market. Hope he shows his Roma form and not Chelsea form, even though never got a fair crack.

I don't know. 2 goals and 2 assists from 6 starts at Chelsea the League is a dip in form I'd be happy with. I think the main problem there was Mourinho was starting to do a City and buying players other clubs wanted to lessen the opposition. Because they could. Absolutely zero need for him. Or the lad who's name escapes me that was similar the deal that first took Salah to Italy.

Similar to when Sadio arrived. He matched his Southampton output, he more than justified his fee. As it was, he surpassed that and took it to a whole other level with the step up. Salah just matches his almost 1 in 2 goals and assist return from last year, it's a similar bargain. He ups it and you're absolutely laughing.

Just another top class option with Olympic speed who's coming off three fantastic years in Italian footie. The prospect of Salah one side, Mané the other, with Firmino in between doing his thing, and Lallana just off, with Phil deeper having those options ahead of him to play it into ..... Wouldn't like to be setting up defensively against that. You drop off and sit deep to stop the space in behind fearing the rapid pace or even double up on either wing, that leaves more room for Phil to play in. You go tight on Phil, and you're leaving more room ahead of him to hit.

Can't remember the last time L'pool had two wide players as good as that. Barnes and Houghton? Although Ray was more just a real tidy right midfielder rather than winger. But when you'd Johnie Barnes ripping everyone a new one he faced the other side that's all you needed for balance. Probably going back to the '70's with the likes of Ray Kennedy, Cally, Stevie Heighway and co.

A heck of a fun attack is about to get even more fun and goal filled with this signing.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/877544075179597825

Sure hope Northcroft's as thoroughly researched as he normally is before he puts his name to something there. Oxlade-Chamberlian would be a great double up with Salah to start off the summer.

Although if we did swipe him from Arsenal, we need to sort out what we're gonna' call him. The 'Ox' thing is about as wool as you can get!

I stopped when Salah and Mane were compared to Barnes and Houghton..

I think he compared the forward line to the 84 side, when they hammered 10 man Hull last season. He's fairly consistent though. I like the passion.

I think he compared the forward line to the 84 side, when they hammered 10 man Hull last season. He's fairly consistent though.

I like Salah, but Barnesy he aint. He's a different player to the one that left Chelsea though, and for the better

I would too if anyone had actually done that.

Can't remember the last time L'pool had two wide players as good as that. Barnes and Houghton? Although Ray was more just a real tidy right midfielder rather than winger. But when you'd Johnie Barnes ripping everyone a new one he faced the other side that's all you needed for balance. Probably going back to the '70's with the likes of Ray Kennedy, Cally, Stevie Heighway and co.

Might want to change your password

The overt trolling going on here ..... Must be the summer months and a lack of actual footie.

Back