The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
FWIW, I hope it is an initial £36.9 million Roma are putting out there. That Carroll record has hung around WAY too long.

Very good signing tbf. Goal or assist every 79 minutes in Roma colours (all comps) is a terrific return for a wideman.

Good signing looking forward to see how Klopp plays him. And how he gets on with a consistent run in the Prem. Was good for Roma! Decent price in today's market.

Very good signing tbf. Goal or assist every 79 minutes in Roma colours (all comps) is a terrific return for a wideman.

Like Sadio last summer. He matches or there abouts what he's done in Rome it's a bargain. He up's his game to another level on the bigger stage like Mané has done and you're absolutely laughing.

Yeah, I think he'll be good. Won't be hitting those numbers I don't think, but he'll be good.

Also just seen that that deal takes Liverpool past the £1 billion mark in the PL era... and considering that £35M was/is the club record, there must have been some ridiculously stupid money consistently spent over the years.

Roma being a PLC will be the time you actually get an accurate breakdown.

The Italians currently say one thing. Others say another. Southampton claimed Mané went for more than he did last summer.

He's not L'pool's record signing that is for sure with the initial fee.

Roma's fees are always accurate. All italian clubs are.

Good signing now focus on a leftback and sack the scout who recommended Oxlade to klopp. Would be very disappointed if we signed him as he is the very definition of an average jack of all trades and master of none.

Hope we actually have a plan for january next season with us possibly lossing salah and mane. If we do play 433 theres both of our wingers gone for 6 weeks. And if the rumors are true about us getting the napoli lb in some sort of deal involving moreno theres our lb gone aswell. And if matip did end up playing for his national team again theres 4 out off our 11 gone for 6 weeks

2019 the next AFCON la. You're a year ahead of yourself. But regardless, I wouldn't worry about a month every couple of years. By that time you'd hope we had sufficient similar level of cover. Either purchased or hopefully someone like Ojo has improved to similar.

Klopp wil of accounted. He's always thinking a season or two advanced when you listen to him.

Hope we actually have a plan for january next season with us possibly lossing salah and mane. If we do play 433 theres both of our wingers gone for 6 weeks. And if the rumors are true about us getting the napoli lb in some sort of deal involving moreno theres our lb gone aswell. And if matip did end up playing for his national team again theres 4 out off our 11 gone for 6 weeks
Not something to worry about now tbh.

Good signing now focus on a leftback and sack the scout who recommended Oxlade to klopp. Would be very disappointed if we signed him as he is the very definition of an average jack of all trades and master of none.

He cant stay fit either. Good squad option, but that's exactly what he doesn't want to be either so...

He cant stay fit either.....

He couldn't until the season just gone. Hopefully that's a good sign on his health going forward.

If the price and wages are right, he'd be a perfect addition under Klopp IMHO. But the deal has to be right for L'pool. Similar to Gotze who I know they are still heavily interested in as Klopp loves him. But the deal has to be right for the club. (Lower fee/ wages and his medical prognosis checking out.).

He couldn't until the season just gone. Hopefully that's a good sign on his health going forward.

If the price and wages are right, he'd be a perfect addition under Klopp IMHO. But the deal has to be right for L'pool. Similar to Gotze who I know they are still heavily interested in as Klopp loves him. But the deal has to be right for the club. (Lower fee/ wages and his medical prognosis checking out.).

What's right for the cub isnt necessarily right for Ox. Needs regular game time in a regular position.

And that's where you'd hope Jurgen and his enthusiasm for selling the club and his vision comes in.

If it doesn't he'll move on regardless how talented you are.

But as a footballer and all he brings the table, Oxlade-Chamberlain would be a great addition IMHO.

And that's where you'd hope Jurgen and his enthusiasm for selling the club and his vision comes in.

If it doesn't he'll move on regardless how talented you are.

But as a footballer and all he brings the table, Oxlade-Chamberlain would be a great addition IMHO.
Vision isnt enough here. It doesnt tell him out much game time he will get with Salah and Mane. Concrete assurances is what he needs. He has to be selfish here

As Arsenal fan I'd say if Chambo were to sign for Liverpool and manage to stay fit longer then odd 5 games in row he'd be a great signing. Would work great in 3 man midfield as one of the midfielders. That's where he wants to play.

Still one good source in Arsenal has said he has already agreed a new deal so have to just wait and see this one out.

Sound Mike. Then he wouldn't be here if he wanted a guaranteed place. Nobody would.

No biggie. On the next one or we wait a window until the right fit who wants to be here for the right reasons is available.

We'll see how it plays out. The links to Alex are growing by the day. FWIW, the only 2 I've expected from the end of the season and still do (Salah is a major bonus since Brandt decided he wasn't leaving Germany and guaranteed games a WC year), is Keita and van Dijk. Anything else is a bonus.

Main in reason I expect the club record to be broken 2 or 3 times.

Last edited:
Back