The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Sound Mike. Then he wouldn't be here if he wanted a guaranteed place. Nobody would.

No biggie. On the next one or we wait a window until the right fit who wants to be here for the right reasons is available.

We'll see how it plays out. The links to Alex are growing by the day. FWIW, the only 2 I've expected from the end of the season and still do (Salah is a major bonus since Brandt decided he wasn't leaving Germany and guaranteed games a WC year), is Keita and van Dijk. Anything else is a bonus.

Main in reason I expect the club record to be broken 2 or 3 times.

Naby keita or the Ox. I know who I would sign if I was in charge. Oxlade for me just doesn't make any sense as he is no better than what we currently have both on the wings and in midfield. He would basically be swapping being a squad player at Arsenal for Liverpool. Rather just break the bank for a fullback or a CM. Van Dijk will either go down to the wire or he will give the saints another season.

That's where we differ. I think he's bring a heck of a lot and be devestatihg anywhere among our front group under Klopp.

Naby keita or the Ox. I know who I would sign if I was in charge. Oxlade for me just doesn't make any sense as he is no better than what we currently have both on the wings and in midfield. He would basically be swapping being a squad player at Arsenal for Liverpool. Rather just break the bank for a fullback or a CM. Van Dijk will either go down to the wire or he will give the saints another season.
If Di Marzio and Ramano are right VVD will be going to Chelsea as Conte has excepted he won't get Bonucci. And Keita won't be moving anywhere this Summer.

That said, baffled about Joyce reporting this. It's certainly not on his twitter or any online article I can find? Has anyone actually seen him say it, as opposed to loads of people on twitter saying he's said it

Yeah but that's about as much use as United being interested in Neymar, or me in Charlize Theron.

Better from Joyce?
DDAPvu9WAAEB1OR.jpg:large

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...triker-seeks-move-to-premier-league-s6v285d8b

It's hard pinning journo's down to quotes when the one time a year they get for a break.

second offer at 87 for a player banded at 100mil? how much did they lowball the first... :)

make an official bid and try jump in while everyone else is spying on the papertalk trying to sneak each other out. smart.

With all this back and forth elsewhere on Matic maybe leaving Chelsea for Utd, it makes the taking the younger, more versatile version even more prudent.

No action over Southampton's van Dijk complaint.

Shocker! *Eye roll.

Now hopefully Chelsea or someone puts a bid in and this can get back up and running.

No action over Southampton's van Dijk complaint.

Shocker! *Eye roll.

Now hopefully Chelsea or someone puts a bid in and this can get back up and running.

How far is to far though scouse. The way this is going it looks like the saints want 60-70mill. There has to be better value for money out there. Personally feel we should just leave this transfer saga alone and just lick our wounds and move on.

Here's what I think dilakh. And I may be totally wrong here but the rest of the summer will tell. FSG are using this summer to back the manager and give him the top quality backbone of his side for the next 5 years. And then in successive windows, they'll reel the spending back in and Klopp can work away at doing what he likes to do best. Coaching and developing players. So if that ends up running to £200 plus million, so be it if it's top quality that the manager wants. And we know from every credible source van Dijk and Keita for two are massive wants of his. We should be coining upwards of a £100 million back in. Which allied to next to no net spend the last 2 or 3 windows, along with the new stand money and TV revenue, would still leave us in a very healthy financial position going forward.

We've seen what he's achieved with a threadbare squad. Only Chelsea and Tottenham were better the league last year. (Cue the 'you finished behind City' crowd. Yeah, but they didn't play better football over the season than L'pool. Just injuries and lack of depth caught up with L'pool at a crucial time.). Imagine what it'd be like if he had the next step up in quality to work with in the third season that normally sees silverware from his career to date.

As for van Dijk, I personally think he's as good as any defender in this league and would fit perfect into how we play. You can play a high line when you have someone as quick and as dominant as him you can rely on to leave in space to win his one-on-one's. If he costs £60 Mill. or so, so be it. It's a sound investment at 25 to box off the future and develop the likes of young Joe.

Bottom line, if the manager wants the players, then I'm dead happy with the owners new stance to go out and compete for them with anyone.

Mbappe is a clear example of that. A player they've been heavily following for 18 months now. Tried last summer but it was complex with other interest and Monaco knowing exactly what they have on their hands there. The fact that they're willing to smash records if he decided to try the PL speaks volumes for where they now want to be.

The ironic thing in all that is all the FSG haters all over the net talking out their collective behinds on it being both a PR stunt and they'd never spend that. First off, to put it out there you're a serious player and then not be serves no interest outside of ******* off your already ****** off fanbase. And second, if you still believe they're low balling and playing money ball, he's the perfect player for that. Invest heavily now. Get 4 or 5 great years. Sell on for a record down the line.

Now, I doubt Mbappe comes to England. But the mere fact L'pool are a relevant and serious player in the discussion for such a player is a great imdicater of what's going on here under Klopp. The same way van Dijk wants to be here and not Chelsea or City and they are prepared to pay to get him. There's a big shift in policy going on at Anfield. The manager said they offered big money the January window for targets. (By all accounts Brandt and Pulisic. And we know they matched PSG for Draxker but he wanted to live in Paris.). They realise that with everyone else spending big, now is the time they have to too to avoid being left behind.

Sadly, the market now is what it is and it's gonna' cost you.

Tbh, and I'll say from Uniteds recent history of trying, it means absolutely nothing trying for unrealistic targets in the likes or Mbappe. It's like when you were linked to Reus before. Until you sign them, it's not a shift in mood. Wengers favourite thing is saying we nearly signed a player. Great, but you didn't sign them. Whether FSG are intent on backing the manager is one thing, and to be frank, in this market, they have absolutely no choice rather than it being a sea change. But I don't think they can be given praise until they start last more or bigger targets. Like with Woodward and Neymar, anything is just noise.

Back