The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
How far is to far though scouse. The way this is going it looks like the saints want 60-70mill. There has to be better value for money out there. Personally feel we should just leave this transfer saga alone and just lick our wounds and move on.

70m for Vvd, you could have pulled Manolas away with Salah for just a bit more tbh. And he's quality

Tbh, and I'll say from Uniteds recent history of trying, it means absolutely nothing trying for unrealistic targets in the likes or Mbappe. It's like when you were linked to Reus before. Until you sign them, it's not a shift in mood. Wengers favourite thing is saying we nearly signed a player. Great, but you didn't sign them. Whether FSG are intent on backing the manager is one thing, and to be frank, in this market, they have absolutely no choice rather than it being a sea change. But I don't think they can be given praise until they start last more or bigger targets. Like with Woodward and Neymar, anything is just noise.

Define 'trying.' They haven't bid on him. They enquired last summer. Wasn't doable. But they are prepared to match anything IF he decided to come to England. If you don't ask the question, you don't get the answer.

Thats the najor shift change. They'd of never paid out for Reus. That was all paper talk. Now, they are prepared to spend.

Anyway. FAR more important news (hopefully) awaits this AM from the CPS than any talk on football players.

Define 'trying.' They haven't bid on him. They enquired last summer. Wasn't doable. But they are prepared to match anything IF he decided to come to England. If you don't ask the question, you don't get the answer.

Thats the najor shift change. They'd of never paid out for Reus. That was all paper talk. Now, they are prepared to spend.

Being prepared to spend and actually getting a player are different things. United were prepared to spend in Neymar. Doesn't mean we were moving in a new circle, because we didn't get him. It starts meaning something when you start landing them

Its also interesting to see how the rhetoric coming from the club and their supporter base has changed so drastically. From 'FSG don't spend big because Klopp develops his own players because he is the best at that' to 'Oh great! Look FSG is backing Klopp by spending big!'.

Its also interesting to see how the rhetoric coming from the club and their supporter base has changed so drastically. From 'FSG don't spend big because Klopp develops his own players because he is the best at that' to 'Oh great! Look FSG is backing Klopp by spending big!'.

I'll defend Klopp and FSG partly here, because they do need to spend big. But does make a bit of a mockery of previous words, words which didnt even need to be said at the time either tbh

I was referring to the younger Serb Grujić at £5 million.

Why Chelsea would off-load Matic is anyone's guess?

Judging by the link Alc sent me, they really dont want to offload him, but he wants to move on and isn't signing a contract.

Not at all. But right now spending on the best available is relative.

The squad needs quality additions. And in this market that is going to cost major money to get the best available. But it's not a long term strategy. Invest big on first team ready quality now to compete and not be left behind. And still continue to develop your own and future young talent.

Solanke from your own club this window a glaring example. It's just a slight tweaking to the model to establish yourself at the next level. The long term vision is still the same.

Not at all. But right now spending on the best available is relative.

The squad needs quality additions. And in this market that is going to cost major money to get the best available. But it's not a long term strategy. Invest big on first team ready quality now to compete and not be left behind. And still continue to develop your own and future young talent.

Solanke from your own club this window a glaring example. It's just a slight tweaking to the model to establish yourself at the next level. The long term vision is still the same.

Theres nothing wrong with doing both, but when you use it to have a jibe at others, it raises eyebrows.

How can Klopp et al make a dig at Pogba, and then turn around say they are serious about Mbappe without sounding like hypocrites?

He wasn't referring to Klopp as much as he was continuing his digging. But I wouldn't argue there. I think he's now realised that the way the market has gone, as much as he doesn't like it, he's got to go along with it or get left behind.

He wasn't referring to Klopp as much as he was continuing his digging. But I wouldn't argue there. I think he's now realised that the way the market has gone, as much as he doesn't like it, he's got to go along with it or get left behind.

And like I say it's smart to move with the market. It's not smart to make high horse comments like he did last season, because the ever changing nature of football and its market will make you look foolish very quickly. Better off saying nothing than trying to look clever and end up looking a fool.

Massive rumour in Leeds that we are after Joe Gomez on loan

Would be surprised if he was sent away on loan. I would assume he would take Klavan's role as cover CB in the squad. Considering how injury prone Matip and Lovren were last season if he stays he should get some decent gametime.

Would be surprised if he was sent away on loan. I would assume he would take Klavan's role as cover CB in the squad. Considering how injury prone Matip and Lovren were last season if he stays he should get some decent gametime.

its only a rumour we are linked with everyone atm seeing as we have a decent budget since Radrizzani took over but I can see it happening tbf if he is available. We need a first team replacement for Kyle Bartley and the kid would get games, but like you say depends on how Klopp wants to use him.

Bittersweet being 28 years too late and not sure how the FA is off the hook but made up Duckenfield and Bettison are facing the firing squad.

Gomez is going nowhere. Pearce started a bad rumour a few weeks back about him being loaned out and aide runours keep springing from there. The manager wants him at the club to continue overseeing his development.

Bittersweet being 28 years too late and not sure how the FA is off the hook but made up Duckenfield and Bettison are facing the firing squad.

Gomez is going nowhere. Pearce started a bad rumour a few weeks back about him being loaned out and aide runours keep springing from there. The manager wants him at the club to continue overseeing his development.

We will see I guess, we have also picked up Madger Gomez from yourselves who even the **** is that

We will see I guess, we have also picked up Madger Gomez from yourselves who even the **** is that
Some kid from the u23s dont think he even played last season due to a knee injury or something. One for the future I think.

And like I say it's smart to move with the market. It's not smart to make high horse comments like he did last season, because the ever changing nature of football and its market will make you look foolish very quickly. Better off saying nothing than trying to look clever and end up looking a fool.

How do you reason the Klopp of all the managers in the PL was on his 'high horse' and 'trying to look clever?'

He was asked a question and gave an honest answer on how he believes football should be and how he's always worked. Sound if you didn[t agree with it or you think those comments look foolish now.

But let's stick to the context and the man that answered the question.

Back