The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
We will see I guess, we have also picked up Madger Gomez from yourselves who even the **** is that

One of our three Gomes/z.

Talented, as everyone brought up in Spain naturally is. But he could never get a consistent run going down to injuries and his form was up and down as a result. And he missed a season down to the laws regarding foreign U-18 players Iat the time. I think he'd be far better suited to Spain or Portugal or the like where he can showcase his technique more rather than the mad physicality of the English league. (He's very slight.). But I hope he forges a sound career for himself wherever that may be.

How do you reason the Klopp of all the managers in the PL was on his 'high horse' and 'trying to look clever?'

He was asked a question and gave an honest answer on how he believes football should be and how he's always worked. Sound if you didn[t agree with it or you think those comments look foolish now.

But let's stick to the context and the man that answered the question.

If he didn't agree with it and that was it he shouldn't have said the day it was commonplace was the day he'd quit football, and then start looking at Mbappe. Or does not think managers who spend big aren't also building a team?

The bottom line is that it's a complete about face from him and Liverpool fans who belittled the big spending but now laud a potential chase for Mbappe.

If not spending big are his principles, put the scouting team to work. Or is he principled enough to knock big spending, but not so principled that he would go 100m on an 18 year old? I personally don't care what clubs do with their money, but can't have it both ways.

Honestly not sure if it were down to him he would. He might covet Mbappe. He's a ridiculous talent that's on a fast track to World superstardom. But I think the decision on any move there were he to come to England is more from the owners POV of an investment they can really capitalise on. He get's his kicks from teaching and developing players into better players. Just he's had to adapt his view slightly as the market has gotten even more mad this summer and you're in serious danger of getting left behind if you don't. But if we do spend big like I anticipate, I can't see it being a regular occurrence. He'll have his backbone set and then can concentrate on the unheralded young talent like Grujic. That was one of the big things that had Liverpool being the only club to draw him back early from his sabbatical after perceived bigger names had failed.

Wouldn't argue about the about-turn and anyone's view of him therein. (Although the majority of L'pool fans have been castigating FSG for not spending big since they first arrived.). Just he's the last person that would say something just to be clever over it.

So Southampton say van Dijk won't be sold. *Eye roll. Keita is talking more and more like he's done in Leipzig. Joe Gomez is going anywhere from Leeds to Brighton apparently and probably every stop in between. And Ryan Sessagnon has done the decent thing and signed his first pro-contract with Fulham to safeguard them some money.

Another mad day of pretty much nothing and the window hasn't even opened yet!

So Southampton say van Dijk won't be sold. *Eye roll. Keita is talking more and more like he's done in Leipzig. Joe Gomez is going anywhere from Leeds to Brighton apparently and probably every stop in between. And Ryan Sessagnon has done the decent thing and signed his first pro-contract with Fulham to safeguard them some money.

Another mad day of pretty much nothing and the window hasn't even opened yet!
Just me but I don't think those 3 will move this Summer.

Honestly not sure if it were down to him he would. He might covet Mbappe. He's a ridiculous talent that's on a fast track to World superstardom. But I think the decision on any move there were he to come to England is more from the owners POV of an investment they can really capitalise on. He get's his kicks from teaching and developing players into better players. Just he's had to adapt his view slightly as the market has gotten even more mad this summer and you're in serious danger of getting left behind if you don't. But if we do spend big like I anticipate, I can't see it being a regular occurrence. He'll have his backbone set and then can concentrate on the unheralded young talent like Grujic. That was one of the big things that had Liverpool being the only club to draw him back early from his sabbatical after perceived bigger names had failed.

Wouldn't argue about the about-turn and anyone's view of him therein. (Although the majority of L'pool fans have been castigating FSG for not spending big since they first arrived.). Just he's the last person that would say something just to be clever over it.

From saying that he doesn't like to spend big to now be willing to spend £100m on an 18-year old is not 'adapting your view slightly'. Its pretty much 'changing your view completely'.

Interesting day on Keita with what Geb Marcotti had to say, for what that's worth, and Leipzig taking by all accounts a like-for-like player from Salzburg today.

And then to wet the appetite further you get BT's German footie expert Archie Rhind-Tutt describing him as part Kante, part Iniesta! Wouldn't know as I haven't seen him in depth but that's a heck of a combination player to add to the glowing reference list.

Still, a very tricky bit of negotiating to get through but this one is certainly alive. Along with the latest (insert any name of the past few years), player Southampton are 'definitely not selling!' *Rolls eyes.

Gonna' cost a pretty penny like but all the prep work from the end of the last window and the talking with Leipzig on and off for so long may well pay off yet.

Last edited:
Keita is getting more and more interesting by the passing day. This from Joyce in the S.Times today:

DDv9KjcXoAALEx-.jpg:large

van Dijk and Keita want to play for Jürgen. Boston are prepared to pay to take this on another level. And with Oxlade-Chamberlain reportedly turning down Arsenal's final contract offer and keen on coming North .....

Patiently waiting out what is fixing to be a super window.

Keita want to play for Jürgen - did you trim that bit out?

Contract agreed in principle by all accounts so I'll go out on a limb and say he's a massive factor in that like. ;).

rumoured close to 70mil for a kid with one top league season under his belt... market is ******* mental at the min.

rumoured close to 70mil for a kid with one top league season under his belt... market is ******* mental at the min.

Time for Klopp to quit football then.

Imagine what Pogba would have gone for this summer...

Interesting day on Keita with what Geb Marcotti had to say, for what that's worth, and Leipzig taking by all accounts a like-for-like player from Salzburg today.

And then to wet the appetite further you get BT's German footie expert Archie Rhind-Tutt describing him as part Kante, part Iniesta! Wouldn't know as I haven't seen him in depth but that's a heck of a combination player to add to the glowing reference list.

Still, a very tricky bit of negotiating to get through but this one is certainly alive. Along with the latest (insert any name of the past few years), player Southampton are 'definitely not selling!' *Rolls eyes.

Gonna' cost a pretty penny like but all the prep work from the end of the last window and the talking with Leipzig on and off for so long may well pay off yet.

I know Archie really well. He's talking about style of play, but he's not at all putting him on their level, or their potential.

I know what he said. I heard the interview.

Thank him ta. Just added to seeing why the manager wants him so much.

Good listen.

Back