The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Honestly only seen him once. And I wasn't watching the game for him so I can't give you a personal view. But by all accounts, he's a rangier, technically better version of Kante and far more versatile. (Luis Fernandez among others have made the Iniesta comparison on his intelligence and ability on the ball.). Dependent on who you read there wasn't many better anywhere last year doing the job he done and the stats would seem to add serious weight to that. (In Bundesliga teams of the year as the only midfielder to bag 8 or more last year to add to his 7 assists/ More dribbles and interceptions than any L'pool midfielder, and second only to Henderson and Milner in tackles etc.).

I can link you later if you like but I'm honestly blind here as to a personal opinion. The manager wants to add him to the midfield group badly so that's all I need to know about his complete fit for L'pool.

Honestly only seen him once. And I wasn't watching the game for him so I can't give you a personal view. But by all accounts, he's a rangier, technically better version of Kante and far more versatile. (Luis Fernandez among others have made the Iniesta comparison on his intelligence and ability on the ball.). Dependent on who you read there wasn't many better anywhere last year doing the job he done and the stats would seem to add serious weight to that. (In Bundesliga teams of the year as the only midfielder to bag 8 or more last year to add to his 7 assists/ More dribbles and interceptions than any L'pool midfielder, and second only to Henderson and Milner in tackles etc.).

I can link you later if you like but I'm honestly blind here as to a personal opinion. The manager wants to add him to the midfield group badly so that's all I need to know about his complete fit for L'pool.

He's not really anywhere as defensively disciplined as Kante. He's a box to box midfielder with very good feet and cannon of a right foot. He's not super creative but he's a tidy passer

You'd have to define better job, because there were certainly better box to box mids to watch in Europe. He's young and exciting and with lots of potential, but there was also no pressure on him and the team. That would be very different at Liverpool. I wouldn't say he was more versatile than Kante, his defensive position isn't all that great, but he gets himself out of trouble well with his stamina and speed. Very good to have higher up the pitch rather than the DM

Even in this insane market he isn't worth 70m.

As mentioned, there's wholly conflicting views out there to yours.

As much as I appreciate all input, I'm neither dismissing or acknowledging yours as any more valid than anything else out there. If we sign him I'll judge him then when I actually get to watch him play.

Well there pretty much isn't a person out there who thinks he's worth 70m that's watched him regularly, and that includes superfan Archie. Who is genuinely in love with watching him. The views aren't conflicting tbh. The likes of TAW have built him up massively

"I could easily see a team setting the Bundesliga transfer record right now. “If he plays regularly, that could certainly feel like good business a couple of years down the line.”

So he could be worth it, but aint yet.

I'm not home to go through things in depth but there's a recruitment/ analytics guy from various clubs for one saying the opposite I've just read my dinner: Naby Keita is in a league of his own and Liverpool must spend record-breaking fee - Goal.com

Differing views.

He's actually not saying different. Wkdsoul picks out the key line

Even now I can give you two players straight away who make more than favourable comparisons

Kevin Strootman and Radja Nainggolan

I didnt even mention the really obvious comparison to him

Last edited:
He's actually not saying different. Wkdsoul picks out the key line

Even now I can give you two players straight away who make more than favourable comparisons

Kevin Strootman and Radja Nainggolan

I didnt even mention the really obvious comparison to him

In your opinion. Which is all any of this is.

And as I've not seen enough to form my own judgement fully, I appreciate the input. As I appreciate all the other input.

would also argue Pickford too

To be completely fair to Mignolet, he was as good as anyone the league the second half the season. Almost faultless since he came back the side against Middlesbrough bar the Hull game.

I still would prefer Karius to be starting this year and him gone. But fair f*cks to him. He rebounded superbly for his best and most consistent spell here.

Last edited:
Liverpool target Leipzig’s dynamo Keita to energise midfield - Goal.com

Never so much as heard of this lad, let alone seen him play, but he reads as the perfect back-up to Henderson.

Need to try catch some Lepzig games before the seasons done out of pure interest.

Been linked to every top club in Europe the last month or so. Especially Utd, Chelsea, Psg, And both Madrid clubs. And he's in no way a back up to Henderson, he's most probably the most sort after player close to Kante out there. Most probably more technical and better passing than Kante. If he signs for someone it will be as a starter. When you start watching mate you will see what I meen. One of the top prospects about CM atm with Kessie.

I was just looking back to when Mel first broke that back in March to see if there was any discussion in here. I should have taken your advice and started watching as this is what I'm reading now. Need to really try to find the time to watch some Leipzig games back.

Last edited:
Oliver KayVerified account @OliverKayTimesFollow

More

Rangers just been eliminated from Europa Lge by Progrès Niederkorn (Luxembourg). Worst ever Euro defeat over two legs for a British club?
1f631.png

12:38 pm - 4 Jul 2017

Uhmmmm, let me think ......

..... Nah.
;)
View attachment 89779

I wasn't going to post anything when I saw it's 10 years to the day we signed Torres as he ultimately was the last player I ever allowed myself to idolise and break my heart. (Joe doesn't count because like who doesn't love Joe? :P.). But then it's an excuse for that boss Nike ad to get another airing.

[video=youtube;r8cDvm26VYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cDvm26VYI[/video]

I wasn't going to post anything when I saw it's 10 years to the day we signed Torres as he ultimately was the last player I ever allowed myself to idolise and break my heart. (Joe doesn't count because like who doesn't love Joe? :P.). But then it's an excuse for that boss Nike ad to get another airing.

[video=youtube;r8cDvm26VYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cDvm26VYI[/video]

This reminds me of some certain United chant about Torres. Class ad nonetheless.

Back