The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Keane has being English going for him. Also Klopp refusing to play Sakho weakens Liverpools hand in negotiating

He's still coming off a stellar spell at Palace and has captained PSG and France. Of which he was a regular before he started on his road out the club with the drug test mess and then injury.

Palace will ultimately pay the price. They weren't paying for Benteke until they did. Just even in this market along with the British thing it's ridiculous to think there could only be a £5 million swing between the two.

He's still coming off a stellar spell at Palace and has captained PSG and France. Of which he was a regular before he started on his road out the club with the drug test mess and then injury.

Palace will ultimately pay the price. They weren't paying for Benteke until they did. Just even in this market along with the British thing it's ridiculous to think there could only be a £5 million swing between the two.
****** market is whack! Got a great talent like B Silva going for 45m then got Inter rejecting 40m offer for a good player in Perisic. Saints want 60-70 for VVD. And Bayern have signed Tolliso for less than 30m. It's so up and down it don't make any sense!

Aight lets play hypotheticals here. IF we were to sign Keita who would he replace in our midfield if we were to go for our strongest lineup. (I know its a squad game so no need to mention rotation). Bare in mind we play a midfield 3. Anyway my moneys on him replacing Lallana, as he seems similair to Lallana from what i've read.

I've only seen him a few times but for me, he's more suited to the 8 role that Klopp has promised Coutinho (which makes the whole situation even more interesting) rather than Lallana's interior role of a 3

May even ****** Henderson off his workhorse B2B role

A nice headache for the manager, but let's see where Klopp see's him as a fit (should he sign)

I've only seen him a few times but for me, he's more suited to the 8 role that Klopp has promised Coutinho (which makes the whole situation even more interesting) rather than Lallana's interior role of a 3

A nice headache for the manager, but let's see where Klopp see's him as a fit (should he sign)
Never seen him play so im going of what iv'e read and youtube videos. Nice headache to have though, although Hendo hasnt played b2b role since klopps been in charge. The b2b role is Wiji's role in team so is keita an upgrade on Gini?

Outside of the 'keeper and back 4, nobody really has a 'set, defined' role under Klopp. As he says himself, numbers are more for the starting formation and defensive shape without the ball. With it, it's all about fluidity and change of movement. For example, Henderson (when he's actually healthy which is getting less and less to be able to rely on him regularly), is the #6. But he's not ostensibly a DM/ playmaking deeplyer in a traditional sense. Yeah, he'll drop in there, often between the two centre half's who split wide, but he has licence to get up the other end or move wherever he sees fit. With someone else then dropping in. Which goes for the all the front 5/6. Someone like Mane may start the right, but he could be anywhere through a game with then Firmino or Lallana or whomever switching over. It's all very intricate and takes a lot of getting down so it's hard to really define set positions per se in Klopp's L'pool. And he's already mooting becoming even more tactically flexible formation wise next season.

Phils not been 'promised' a deeper role. That's the very last thing Klopp would do as Milner has found out. He'll just be there when the formation and personnel dictate. Other times he could be pushed further up etc. Just adds a new dimension to that tactical flexibility.

Which all makes Keita even more appealing as he's been used in a multitude of roles by all accounts his career and been dominant in them all.

I don't know how to answer dilakh as it's horses for courses and opposition dependent, and not least as I've not had anywhere near a good enough look at Keita. But presuming he's better than what we have, and the manager wouldn't be after him or anyone else if he didn't feel that, then as a three I'd say Keita, Coutinho and Lallana would be the ideal choice.

One thing's for sure, an already real strong, varied midfield group would get even stronger if/ when he arrives.

Last edited:
Still dosent top last year 30mil Sissoko move...

Absolutely mad that. Tottenham don't spend big. And when they do, they WELL overpay for someone they neither needed and who'd been absolutely useless at Newcastle.

Which backfired on them massively given he was just as lazy and anonymous at Tottenham.

Keita has really been used in 2 roles regularly.

Keita at the base of Lallana and Coutinho woukd be a little lightweight. Would be an interesting test for Keita in this league

Worth remembering Keita played alongside Demme last season, whose sole job was to sit deep and smash anything and anyone who tried to get past him, allowing Keita to break forward at will because he wasn't the lynch pin.

Absolutely mad that. Tottenham don't spend big. And when they do, they WELL overpay for someone they neither needed and who'd been absolutely useless at Newcastle.

Which backfired on them massively given he was just as lazy and anonymous at Tottenham.

Only think I can think of was at that time wasn't he coming off some good performances for France?

Only think I can think of was at that time wasn't he coming off some good performances for France?

More fool them if they ignored his **** poor efforts for Newcastle the previous 9 months.

Simple rule of thumb that clubs continually fall down on. NEVER buy off the back of a summer tournament with players selling themselves.

Last edited:
Cracking question from a lad work today. Got all 4 eventually but it took me into dinner.

Without googling (he says, knowing we're on the internet), which 4 players have played in a Manchester, Merseyside and El Clasico derby? 3 reds. 1 blue. It was the blue that took me ages.

Cracking question from a lad work today. Got all 4 eventually but it took me into dinner.

Without googling (he says, knowing we're on the internet), which 4 players have played in a Manchester, Merseyside and El Clasico derby? 3 reds. 1 blue. It was the blue that took me ages.

Thomas "billionaire" Gravesen
Michael Owen
Suarez
Mascherano

Thomas "billionaire" Gravesen
Michael Owen
Suarez
Mascherano
From my reckoning only Owen is right from that group as the rest all miss the manchester derby. I've got owen Mcmanaman and Anelka but can't get the last one

I was throwing around Gravesen for ages thinking he may have turned out for City. But only Everton and Madrid.

You have one there. Owen.

From my reckoning only Owen is right from that group as the rest all miss the manchester derby. I've got owen Mcmanaman and Anelka but can't get the last one

Suarez bit evra so he can't have missed the Derby or am I misunderstanding the question?

Right. I got the L'pool three fairly quickly. McManaman, Owen and Anelka.

It's the blue that had me stumped all morning long.

Suarez bit evra so he can't have missed the Derby or am I misunderstanding the question?

I think it is United vs City, Everton vs Liverpool and Real Madrid vs Barca and 4 players have appeared in all of them

Back