The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
..... TAA should take over from Clyne as the season progresses. .....

I think it's pretty much certain now he'll be starting out in pole position. (Unless Gomez's boss performances pre-season have thrown another curve ball in there for the manager.).

Don't see any way Clyne starts against Watford in 13 days time when he's still sitting out the sessions with his hammy.

Having read a good few pages of a Southampton fan forum the last hour or so (a lad on there caused a stir Friday by claiming he'd been told van Dijk to L'pool was all but done), they can go F-themselves. I get the dislike of Liverpool raiding them of their best talent, but after reading post after post stooping to the absolute lowest depths of personally attacking Liverpudlians and the City, not least with the 'always the victims' sh*te, whilst compounding it by claiming it isn't Hillsborough related ......

Seriously, Southampton and their sh*thouse fans can now go F-themselves!

Having read a good few pages of a Southampton fan forum the last hour or so (a lad on there caused a stir Friday by claiming he'd been told van Dijk to L'pool was all but done), they can go F-themselves. I get the dislike of Liverpool raiding them of their best talent, but after reading post after post stooping to the absolute lowest depths of personally attacking Liverpudlians and the City, not least with the 'always the victims' sh*te, whilst compounding it by claiming it isn't Hillsborough related ......

I think it's the anger of their club being seen as a stepping stone and the lack of ambition shown by their club. I honestly dont see how they can complain as not long ago they were in league one and now they are a top 8 club with one of the best academies in the world. The club's entire model revolves developing young players and selling them for a profit and lets be honest they are one of the best at it. Saints fans shouting for their club to compete with the big boys need to be careful as they could end up in the same situation as Villa a decade ago who had a similair model but swerved away from it. In the case of stepping stone issue it is something you cant escape, unless your Barca, Madrid or perhaps Bayern as every other club is a stepping stone when you look at it. Its just the nature of things.

Last edited:

Bit hard to hold a grudge over a whole fan base, because you're reading an internet forum... Everyone knows there are loonatics on the internet. Luckily enough not too many on this forum though :)

Bit hard to hold a grudge over a whole fan base, because you're reading an internet forum... Everyone knows there are loonatics on the internet. Luckily enough not too many on this forum though :)

More a culmination. It just added to their growing general feeling towards L'pool the last few years and that manifested in a sizeable group among their support going down that bottom dwelling abuse route the League Cup semi last year.

Your point is well taken on generalising but I'm still reserving the right to dislike Southampton and their support.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/07/liverpool-supporters-overwhelmingly-vote-support-rail-seating/

A significant step forward to coming discussions. Which is a major step forward in itself that this is now on the agenda Nationwide and is being properly discussed. As naturally emotive as this still is here, with the support of some of the family's allied to a positive speaking out from the majority of Reds from a fair and democratic process, having the voice of the SOS on this going forward can't be anything but good. Both locally and on a National level with other supporters groups.

Standing on a terrace didn't nearly cost me my life 28 years ago last April 15. A ground with no safety certificate sanctioned by the clueless FA and the complete incompetence of the authorities on the day did.

Just watching the 4 manager intro presser from earlier the Audi Cup with Kloppo (when in Germany .....), Ancelotti, Simeone and some Italian bloke. Really looking forward to this. Particularly the Munich game tomorrow evening with their season starting Sat'day. Another step up and another competitive outing.

If we end up playing Nando Wednesday too that'll be nice for all concerned.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Europe this week Everton will be trying to progress in the Europa league against MFK Ruzomberok.

If you've never heard of them, they're a small team in Liverpool.

Would imagine, bar Karius getting a look and Milner out injured, this will be what starts at Watford a week Sat'day dinner. Surprised Robertson's not had a look with the firsts like in Milner's absence.

Melissa ReddyVerified account @MelissaReddy_
Follow

More

#LFC starting XI v #FCBayern: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino​

10:15 am - 1 Aug 2017

The subs. But I get the feeling it might be one XI for 90 minutes today and tomorrow. Either that or a 60/30 split both ways both days.

Melissa ReddyVerified account @MelissaReddy_ 25m25 minutes agoMore

Replying to @MelissaReddy_

#LFC
subs v #FCBayern: Mignolet, Ward, Robertson, Flanagan, Klavan, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Lallana, Ejaria, Kent, Woodburn, Solanke, Sturridge

Bayern Munich: Ulreich; Rafinha, Hummels, Martinez, Alaba; Tolisso, Thiago; Muller, James, Ribery; Lewandowski

Substitutes: Fruchtl, Sule, Crnicki, Rudy, Vidal, Coman, Kimmich, Tillman, Friedl, Sanches, Mai, Awoudja, Wintzheimer, Heiland

Be real nice to play Nando the final tomorrow. Not least for him. Godin continues to be an A1 ****. Bang out of order that in ostensibly a friendly. Glad he'll be banned tomorrow evening. ****.

Talking about the Spanish heartbreaker ..... sighs.

https://twitter.com/itvfootball/sta...ews/liverpool-bayern-munich-audi-cup-13411203

Last edited:
Would imagine, bar Karius getting a look and Milner out injured, this will be what starts at Watford a week Sat'day dinner.

Melissa ReddyVerified account @MelissaReddy_
Follow

More

#LFC starting XI v #FCBayern: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino​

10:15 am - 1 Aug 2017

The subs. But I get the feeling it might be one XI for 90 minutes today and tomorrow. Either that or a 60/30 split both ways both days.

Melissa ReddyVerified account @MelissaReddy_ 25m25 minutes agoMore

Replying to @MelissaReddy_

#LFC
subs v #FCBayern: Mignolet, Ward, Robertson, Flanagan, Klavan, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Lallana, Ejaria, Kent, Woodburn, Solanke, Sturridge

Bayern Munich: Ulreich; Rafinha, Hummels, Martinez, Alaba; Tolisso, Thiago; Muller, James, Ribery; Lewandowski

Substitutes: Fruchtl, Sule, Crnicki, Rudy, Vidal, Coman, Kimmich, Tillman, Friedl, Sanches, Mai, Awoudja, Wintzheimer, Heiland

Be real nice to play Nando the final tomorrow. Not least for him. Godin continues to be an A1 ****. Bang out of order that in ostensibly a friendly. Glad he'll be banned tomorrow evening. ****.

Talking about the Spanish heartbreaker ..... sighs.

https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/892435046174527489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fliverpool-bayern-munich-audi-cup-13411203

What times kick off?

Really looking forward to this next step up. Set up to be a real competitive, cracking friendly. Can't see either defence 'keeping a clean sheet here.

Just switched on in the middle of the replay. Keeper should've done better? Hadn't got the best angle though

Back