The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
This front 3 (well, mostly Mane and Salah) looking very dangerous. Salah seems to have a knack for finding a yard now, not even about his pace

This front 3 (well, mostly Mane and Salah) looking very dangerous. Salah seems to have a knack for finding a yard now, not even about his pace
Yeah look good. Not 100% sold on Firmino yet, especially at 9. And will they keep enough clean sheets.

Yeah look good. Not 100% sold on Firmino yet, especially at 9. And will they keep enough clean sheets.

Mourinho's given you an obsession with clean sheets. City. L'pool.

Where as L'pool now have the mentality of Ferguson's Utd. Who knew you score goals and win more games than you drop points in, you're invariably gonna' be right up there

Utd have now switched roles where the question remains 'will they score enough goals and commit to win enough games?'

Mourinho's given you an obsession with clean sheets. City. L'pool.

Where as L'pool now have the mentality of Ferguson's Utd. Who knew you score goals and win more games than you drop points in, you're invariably gonna' be right up there

Utd have now switched roles where the question remains 'will they score enough goals and commit to win enough games?'
Lol nothing to do with Mourinho. For me you need to both to win the league or be consistent. Still time in the window. Get a top CB and think you could have a good season in a few comps. And tbh we always had a **** of a lot of 1-0 wins under Fergie.

Sir Alex did love to attack and excite, but he definitely didn't overlook the defensive side either. Still have that 14 straight clean sheet record in 08/09

Sir Alex did love to attack and excite, but he definitely didn't overlook the defensive side either. Still have that 14 straight clean sheet record in 08/09

6 out of the last 7 last year's run-in to the top 4 these Reds kept a clean sheet. And ended with their best goal's against record for 5 years. Does it need to improve? No question. But it's not half as bad as people still like to make out.

But the point on Ferguson was his Utd sides always had a few real walloping's in them every season. But he wasn't arsed as he'd just go all out attack the next game and bounce straight back. I've no doubt we'll get van Dijk the next week or so. (Although when he'll be ready to play will be interesting given he's not played since January. And Klopp has no fear of holding anyone out he doesn't think is ready to cope with what he runs.). But even with the security of him, I can still see this side getting done if the 5 or 6 forward players have an off day. But so long as they're winning more than they're drawing and losing, they'll be in with a decent shout.

The way points totals are going up and up as teams become more offensive, draws are becoming more of a hindrance than a bonus.

Last edited:
Anyone else loving TAA smashing Ribery to pieces as much as me?

Anyone else loving TAA smashing Ribery to pieces as much as me?

Tell yer what mate, the longer Clynes out and the more experienced and comfortable Trent gets, Clyne could well have a real battle to get back in. Great there's real competition both FB slots this year. As you well know, Milner had no legs from about February on last term and Clyne was struggling.

Sexy finish, and just put himself out until Xmas. Keep being you SturridgeXD

The 2 sides of sturridge in the space of 1 second

Back