The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Which is sound but that's his choice.

Where this is getting ugly is the imbeciles still running with their anti-FSG agenda and laying everything at their door. They're now inextricably linked to the man they've gone all in on and roll with how he rolls.

Which is sound but that's his choice.

Where this is getting ugly is the imbeciles still running with their anti-FSG agenda and laying everything at their door. They're now inextricably linked to the man they've gone all in on and roll with how he rolls.

I'm not saying it isnt his choice. But it is somewhat narrow viewed.

And in some ways they are right to have a pop. Links back to the overall inability of FSG to get things done. Whoever bragged to the papers has done so much damage. I honestly believe if nothing had been said, he'd be a Liverpool player by now. Almost certainly failed on Keita too. And I can't even contemplate a Coutinho sale. One of these is ok. Two looks bad. Three makes you look like a joke

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the meltdown currently happening among reactionary L'pool fans.

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the meltdown currently happening among reactionary L'pool fans.

That's fair. FSG can still salvage things mind. Whether they will remains to be seen. It's all about perception right now.

I don't buy Klopp not having alternative CB targets. Maybe not openly, but he's bound to have a plan B/C in mind. He's not that naive.

I don't buy Klopp not having alternative CB targets. Maybe not openly, but he's bound to have a plan B/C in mind. He's not that naive.

When the club still have it from van Dijk's camp, as they have from the last game of last year and securing CL footie, that he still only wants to play one place why would they?

What are Southampton gonna' do here? Sit a player and let his value depreciate?

Where he is just paying lip service is in saying he's happy with what he has. He wouldn't have spent the summer chasing a £60/70 million CB if that was the case.

Something that doesn't seem to be being picked up over here is Hanover have asked about Woodburn and Kent on loan and the club have sent someone out to see just how beneficial that setup is.

I wouldn't want Ben particularly out anywhere and not under our development personally but if it's similar to what L'pool do, regular Bundesliga footie wouldn't be a bad thing.

When the club still have it from van Dijk's camp, as they have from the last game of last year and securing CL footie, that he still only wants to play one place why would they?

What are Southampton gonna' do here? Sit a player and let his value depreciate?

Where he is just paying lip service is in saying he's happy with what he has. He wouldn't have spent the summer chasing a £60/70 million CB if that was the case.

In case Southampton sell to a different club? Who can offer VD CL footy and as much if not more wages.

I have no doubt VD is Klopp's #1 target by a country mile, and yes he may like the look of Liverpool/Klopp, but it's not as if he's a boyhood fanatic with his lifelong dream only to play at Anfield (ala Ronaldo), it's his preference, but that's nothing a bit of money elsewhere and CL footy wouldn't sway. On Klopp's perspective, there's no way it's a "him or nothing" mentality. Everton signed a CB from Burnley that would've improved your defence imo, that's how much in need you are of a partner alongside Matip.

In case Southampton sell to a different club? Who can offer VD CL footy and as much if not more wages.

I have no doubt VD is Klopp's #1 target by a country mile, and yes he may like the look of Liverpool/Klopp, but it's not as if he's a boyhood fanatic with his lifelong dream only to play at Anfield (ala Ronaldo), it's his preference, but that's nothing a bit of money elsewhere and CL footy wouldn't sway. On Klopp's perspective, there's no way it's a "him or nothing" mentality. Everton signed a CB from Burnley that would've improved your defence imo, that's how much in need you are of a partner alongside Matip.

How do they sell to a different club if the player won't budge?

And if you're seriously trying to suggest Michael Keane would fit into a footballing side where the emphasis was on him to play I honestly don't know where to begin with that.

There's players that would upgrade. The lad who was Chelsea's first choice (which makes the recent Evening Standard rumour more utter B/S to me) from Napoli would upgrade. But mediocrity like Michael Keane most definitely wouldn't have.

*Edit* FWIW, Matip and Lovren have only lost one game in the 20 odd they've played together. Palace the back end of the season. Not arguing an upgrade is badly needed for either. (Matip's honestly been as inconsistent as anyone the second half of last year. Aside from both being majorly injury prone.). But as a partnership, they've been relatively solid and the results have followed.

The main issue has been not having them consistently together to grow.

Last edited:
Here we go. van Dijk formally handed in a transfer request.

Surey thats enough to allow allow us to bid again? F the B/S 'apology.'

Its a free for all now. Doesn't stop saints rejecting you. But when you look at his statement, he will go to any major European side.

That'play in Champions league... He said that, if i'm not wrong.
So, return to Celtic park perhaps?? :D

Saints can reject all they want. There's three weeks left this window and they aren't gonna' cut their nose off to spite their face and be left with a lad who's values gonna' depreciate significantly by sitting him.

He's no more not going to Liverpool now than he hasn't been since the start of the summer. I don't think it's not a coincidence that the day after Klopp puts it out there he's satisfied with what he has van Dijk steps up his attempts to get away.

Last edited:
'' ..... This has made me even more adamant that we should drag Liverpool through the mud here, send every bit of evidence we have to the PL and let them deal with this self pittying sess-pit of a city. And going by that statement, he's already a Liverpudlian with his victim stance. ..... ''

That’s just one small example of many of the low life garbage on the Southampton forums. It's gradually gone WELL beyond just being narked at the club and has gotten WAY personal toward the City. Started the League Cup semi last year and has just gradually ramped up through the van Dijk debacle. It's like the RAWK on steroids!

F them. Seriously. Inbred provincial c*nts!

Saints can reject all they want. There's three weeks left this window and they aren't gonna' cut their nose off to spite their face and be left with a lad who's values gonna' depreciate significantly by sitting him.

He's no more not going to Liverpool now than he hasn't been since the start of the summer. I don't think it's not a coincidence that the day after Klopp puts it out there he's satisfied with what he has van Dijk steps up his attempts to get away.

There have been multiple clubs approach. Which means Saints can still reject Liverpool and sell him. And he still gets his CL football

Like I say, its a free for all

He, or whoever wrote that, is hardly going to put 'one club' and open all that sh*t up again between Southampton and Liverpool. That statement couldn't have made it any more clear what he's been saying all summer long.

Tell you what, we'll just call it pure coincidence when he's wearing red after this window.

Back