The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Still, to follow up with such a statement basically killing yourself from ever playing for that club again ..... Pretty rare to see things get as ugly as this.

You could look on it another way as it would be a totally sh*tty trick from Liverpool to now not go back in for him and get this done after he's fair sabotaged everything between himself and Southampton/ their fans today. That's career suicide as far as continuing at that club is concerned.
In one sense yes, but it also sends out the message that Liverpool will openly disrupt a player's career, issue a public apology only to go back on that apology within 2 months. How can other clubs respect Liverpool after a blatant disrespect from Liverpool to another club?

Right, which is why L'pool still have to pick their moment here after the dust has settled. They have to be seen to be doing things the right way and van Dijk has just opened that door again.

But as there's still three weeks left this window I'm as non-concerned with how long this takes as I have been all summer. He'll be at Anfield when it's all said and done. Never had a doubt in my mind on that since just before the season ended.

Liverpool seem happy enough to have a player force their way out a club to them, but attacked Sterling left, right and centre for doing the same to them. Very much double standards

Liverpool seem happy enough to have a player force their way out a club to them, but attacked Sterling left, right and centre for doing the same to them. Very much double standards

Was thinking the same, one called a snake and $terling, the other would be called a legend if he forced his way to Anfield XD Both left/want to leave for new a challenge and to increase their chances of winning trophies, can't fault either tbh.

Oh the hypocrisy of most every football club and it's fans. (But yeah Rh, 'both' didn't leave for that reason. One's taking a massive step up. One stepped sideways at best for the money.).

Still bemused how anyone thinks van Dijk handing in a transfer request still isn't directed solely as a plea to L'pool as Southampton had no issues dealing with any other club to this point without that. Bar the one who had to make the B/S apology and now have to bide their time to come back in.

Oh the hypocrisy of most every football club and it's fans. (But yeah Rh, 'both' didn't leave for that reason. One's taking a massive step up. One stepped sideways at best for the money.).

Still bemused how anyone thinks van Dijk handing in a transfer request still isn't directed solely as a plea to L'pool as Southampton had no issues dealing with any other club to this point without that. Bar the one who had to make the B/S apology and now have to bide their time to come back in.
No disrespect to Pool. But don't think it was a sideways step. City are way ahead Pool especially when he moved.

Liverpool were not in the same ball park as City when Sterling moved, both in manager and squad capabality. Liverpool have a better manager than before. City have better players, more money, and Pep Guardiola. And he didnt move for the money. He went for the full package, like VVD is trying to do. Or do you not think he will be paid handsomely?

One would have to be incredibly one eyed to believe Liverpool were on the same level as City when he moved. They moved for the same reasons. Fans just have massive double standards

And again, as always, when he started his B/S the previous summer, after finishing a game outside of City being an integral part of that inside playing still his best footie of his career to date, well before Guardiola tipped up at City, it was purely about money.

But you always like to do revisionist history on Raheem so feel free. That's past. He's gone. I really aren't interested.

As I said, hypocrisy and football clubs/ fans. Guilty. Nothing new there.

And again, as always, when he started his B/S the previous summer, after finishing a game outside of City being an integral part of that inside playing still his best footie of his career to date, well before Guardiola tipped up at City, it was purely about money.

But you always like to do revisionist history on Raheem so feel free. That's past. He's gone. I really aren't interested.

As I said, hypocrisy and football clubs/ fans. Guilty. Nothing new there.

Nothing revisionist about it. Thats right up there with narrative as one of the shittest phrases. I made the exact same points from the moment he was leaving.

City still remain better placed to win trophies than Liverpool, as it was when he left.

Can the Season start and the transfer window close now plz. Getting bored of a lack of football.

What kind of maniac only has 10 posts per page.

Also Ibe better than sterling, forgot about that debate

Never changed the page count, don't even know where to do it, never looked!

TBF Scouse said he had the potential to be, didn't say he was

*Edit* just changed it.

Also, Suso has actually become decent for Milan.....then again we now have Borini so, swings and roundabouts!

Last edited:
I do think Liverpool have a problem here with Coutinho. I dont think this is a "wait till next season" move. I think Barcelona will look to seal all their gaps in the next few weeks, and there's a good chance they wont come calling again. How hard does he push without damaging relations with the club? Too many people at FSG like Kroenke's business model, will they just take 110m?

Back