The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Tbh I don't think his value is going to depreciate that much. He's a top CB with a new 6 yr contract sitting behind him.

Tbh I don't think his value is going to depreciate that much. He's a top CB with a new 6 yr contract sitting behind him.

A player not playing it's doing nothing else.

But he's completely severed all ties and sabotaged his own rep. with that statement. There's no going back there with Southampton and more so their fans. They can say their position hasn't changed and they won't sell as much as they want. But they aren't going to keep a player in a totally untenable situation.

The ball is now firmly back in L'pool's court but timings the key. They can't be seen to of 'engineered' this after what happened earlier in the summer. Even though they've known all along he only wants to play under Klopp. They'll break before the windows out.

Can't see him handing a transfer request in unless something is lined up probably what Saints were waiting on to waive the loyalty payment. Would put Pool in the boxset but would not be surprised if he ended up elsewhere either if Saints are that intent on not doing business with Pool. I have not seen anything on it does anyone know if Saints have actually accepted the request? busy writing preseason reviews

Can't see him handing a transfer request in unless something is lined up probably what Saints were waiting on to waive the loyalty payment. Would put Pool in the boxset but would not be surprised if he ended up elsewhere either if Saints are that intent on not doing business with Pool. I have not seen anything on it does anyone know if Saints have actually accepted the request? busy writing preseason reviews
Matt Law saying he's Conte top target now.

When did the club says he refused to train?

Both confirmed he said he wasnt right in the head to be available to play and sent him to train alone. First I've heard of him not training is in his statement.

Matt Law saying he's Conte top target now.

Surprising from Law as I didn't think he dealt in rumours. But all he's done is bounced off the (wholly credible *Eye roll) Evening Standard piece.

Aside from being flat out turned down by van Dijk and his people earlier the summer when they were interested, they've moved on from their #1 CB target in Naples, bagged a great deal from Roma, then loaned out a top prospect in Zouma, but they STIL want another top CB, to add to an already stellar defence (the best in the league last year?) and decide to go back in for a fella' who has no interest in them? And at a good £20 million, regardless of add-ons, under the fee Southampton want?

Do me a favour Matt.

Dunno' if anything official has come out the last couple of hours but the local paper down there tea-time was saying they didn't expect Southampton's 'not for sale' stance to change.

Which would make absolutely zero sense at all on any level after he's completely sabotaged his reputation and Southampton career today. Can't remember the last time a player ever went to these depths to get out of a club.

Dunno' if anything official has come out the last couple of hours but the local paper down there tea-time was saying they didn't expect Southampton's 'not for sale' stance to change.

Which would make absolutely zero sense at all on any level after he's completely sabotaged his reputation and Southampton career today. Can't remember the last time a player ever went to these depths to get out of a club.

Pierre Van Hooijndonk or however you spell it

There you go. And that was what, back the mid/ late '90's?

He's hung himself completely out to dry here and is fair begging Southampton to accept anything from Liverpool. Again.

" ..... I would like Southampton to consider the interest in me from top clubs should it still exist .....''

There's only one top club 'officialy' been seen to walk away and end their interest. City and Chelsea never put anything officially out like that. He just can't outright name that one club after all the hoop la from early the summer.

Timing is everything here. And there's three weeks for things to settle and Southampton to flip it onto him and not end up looking weak. As mightly ****** as their support is going to be.

That first game down at St. Mary's is going to be a riot.

Last edited:
Chimbonda was the most recent one i can think off... still in his kit on the final day.

Plenty have just handed in a request though.

I cant say not followed the thing at all my full summer has been based around fantasy football and this one has little meaning for me till its resolved. Only going off what people have posted on here seems to be a bit more to it than a transfer request though from what you guys post

Transfer requests get a disproportionate amount of air time to the power they actually have.

Berahino handed one in. Didnt move for 2 years. Didnt get to Spurs either

There's only one top club 'officialy' been seen to walk away and end their interest. City and Chelsea never put anything officially out like that. He just can't outright name that one club after all the hoop la from early the summer.
So what your saying is clubs are only interested in a player if they openly declare a public interest and publicly try to unsettle the player? No wonder Southampton are rightly annoyed.

So what your saying is clubs are only interested in a player if they openly declare a public interest and publicly try to unsettle the player? No wonder Southampton are rightly annoyed.

I'm saying if you read between the lines of that statement he's asking for one thing without directly asking for it and opening up all that controversy again.

You could look on it another way as it would be a totally sh*tty trick from Liverpool to now not go back in for him and get this done after he's fair sabotaged everything between himself and Southampton/ their fans today. That's career suicide as far as continuing at that club is concerned.

Contract until 2022 (I think), and he's 26 so no rush to sell. Also, he won't sit out the year because
a) his stock as a player also will dip
b) World Cup year

If I were Southampton, I would sell. Mainly because he's not really a 60+ mil player and they can get 2-3 good young players for that and still get a mid-table finish. However, they are not *forced* to sell.

VVD will go to the highest bidder. The only thing that's almost certain is that he wants out. Saints will have a bidding war, and VVD will be happy with any CL elite side

Not sure Mike, think it could be a Morata situation all over again. Madrid happier to sell to anyone but United, and if it's to United, it's going to rinse them.

Bad blood between Soton & Liverpool, I reckon if Chelsea bid anything close to the £60M mark they'd rather accept that rather than trying to suck a few extra mill from Merseyside. Pure speculation though

Peter Odemwingie driving to QPR, Raheem Sterling saying he wouldn't sign a new contract with Liverpool if they offered him 900,000 a week and then being sick for training, Marcos Rojo refused to train at Sporting to push through his move to United, Yaya Toure talking about how he felt disrespected and most of all Gallas threatening to score own goals if he was played for Chelsea

Back