The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Lets say IF you lose Couthino. Who is the first name that u would want and can be bought or stick to your team as it is?

Ben Woodburn.

Presuming Coutinho goes a couple of years down the line.

If you're asking if he goes right now, then he's already here in Salah. We have enough in midfield to compensate, as we did last year against every top sides midfield they came out on top against when Phil was further forward and Salah (or Mané) take the role he was in last year and expand it.

Thankfully, it's not an issue this summer to even contemplate.

Last edited:
May chuckle at this, but Lanzini wouldn't be a terrible shout. Obviously not at Coutinho's level, but a similar profile with age on his side.

Was going to say the same thing. Only problem is he ain't at the level Coutinho is right now and what we need if Coutinho was to leave is someone who can come in and do the business from the get go.

I wasn't so much thinking about 'on the pitch' as the complete culture shock to everything. Wenger, by all accounts, runs a very relaxed club. Simeone is the polar opposite of that. To go from coming in to Wenger, to a regimented structure where you have to work your backside off every day and be ultra disciplined would be a massive change that I'm not sure many players at Arsenal would cope with. You're looking at completely changing a way of doing things, on and off the pitch, that's been ingrained for over 2 decades now to something completely foreign.

I once read an interview with seasoned manager, and he employed culture shock entirely on purpose. If the previous manager was buddy-buddy with the players, this one would play a hardass. And if previous guy was a disciplinarian, he would play good uncle.

The idea being that people need a shakeup and exposure to something new to stay motivated. And if previous manager got the sack it almost always meant he couldn't motivate the squad anymore.

So yeah, there's different approaches to this.

I once read an interview with seasoned manager, and he employed culture shock entirely on purpose. If the previous manager was buddy-buddy with the players, this one would play a hardass. And if previous guy was a disciplinarian, he would play good uncle.

The idea being that people need a shakeup and exposure to something new to stay motivated. And if previous manager got the sack it almost always meant he couldn't motivate the squad anymore.

So yeah, there's different approaches to this.

This sounds like something I once read about a certain Dutchman

Very happy. My second preference behind Nice. Could have done without going back to Germany so soon after last weekend in Berlin but I'll never turn down a German trip. Particularly somewhere new.

Could have been easier on the pitch but I'm not overly concerned at facing any side in Europe this year given how this side is set up for the big occasion. They'll be far more worried about facing us than us them let's put it that way. Particularly after watching us wallop Munich through the week. Firmino be made up like.

Could have been easier on the pitch but I'm not overly concerned at facing any side in Europe this year given how this side is set up for the big occasion. They'll be far more worried about facing us than us them let's put it that way. Particularly after watching us wallop Munich through the week. Firmino be made up like.

To be fair pretty much everyone half decent (bar Chelsea!) have walloped them over the last month or so haha.

Quite a hard tie early on for Liverpool but they should be fine

To be fair pretty much everyone half decent (bar Chelsea!) have walloped them over the last month or so haha.

Quite a hard tie early on for Liverpool but they should be fine

This is true but then this was a more or less full strength Bayern in their house with them going all out for the win in their home tournament (where they've never failed to not reach the final) in preparation for their season opener Sat'day in Dortmund which they won't want to lose at all. I loved Hummels saying it was his most embarrassing experience as a Munich player. Pre-season or not.

It was interesting to watch Bayern, who came out full pelt the first 15/20 minutes, get more and more frustrated at just how easily L'pool defended against them then hit them the break at pace.

Never read too much into the summer like but I think they'll be a side or two the Champions League this season that takes a similar home hammering off Liverpool the way these reds can hit you at pace.

I loved Hummels saying it was his most embarrassing experience as a Munich player. Pre-season or not.

Nah it was this
wink.gif

[video=youtube;hESDzjdSbbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hESDzjdSbbs[/video]

Mats Hummels‏Verified account @matshummels

Mats Hummels

I have to be fair. That move was beautiful

I'm disappointed we drew Hoffenheim, I like them so wanted both us and them to make the group stages

Well, that's frustrating. Anything up to 3 months with a thigh injury.

Wonder if that will bring around a third bid for Keita? Or maybe Oxlade-Chamberlian moves from a luxury signing to more important? Personally, don't see the need for any additions for one player unless they go back in for the game changer they have Keita at but we'll see.

Hey ho. Next man up. Henderson, Can, Coutinho look's the three to open with.

Last edited:
Well, that's frustrating. Anything up to 3 months with a thigh injury.

Wonder if that will bring around a third bid for Keita? Or maybe Oxlade-Chamberlian moves from a luxury signing to more important? Personally, don't see the need for any additions for one player unless they go back in for the game changer they have Keita at but we'll see.

Hey ho. Next man up. Henderson, Can, Coutinho look's the three to open with.

Think Keita is dead. Ox is a good move, but not convinced it's good for him

Have no fear. Phil sitting out Bilbao with a sore back on top of that will be back page news that he's on his way to Barcelona.

Oh the drama ...... *Eye roll.

Well ****. That's gratitude for yer! Yer mates sending photies of what I imagine is a boss night currently in Dublin. Whilst you're stuck at home. Having spent most of the day sorting their frigging travel and accommodation out the qualifier!

Mates. Who needs the f*******? HUMPH! :@.

dunno but Klopp just confirmed Lallana out for a stint

So I was thinking. I wonder if this will put an end to Kent going out at least until January? With Ejaria and Grujic now healthy and available to contribute again that back end depth should be sound. But he does give something completely different ala Lallana to the attack so it might scupper that idea for you. Shrugs.

Back