The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Ok, frigging Moscow aside, made up with Seville and Maribor.

Maribor be an absolutely brilliant trip and cheap. And Seville, as Anthony pointed out, is Seville.

Two out of three aint' bad. L'pool and Seville would qualify there you'd think.

Would have loved Groups G, H or B in that order, but made up with Maribor and Seville.

Last edited:

Maribor be an absolutely brilliant trip and cheap. And Seville, as Anthony pointed out, is Seville.

4 Tapa, 3 beers for less than a tenner for breakfast under a shade ;)

Trip to Moscow in December. Scouse if you need to borrow an uschanka, something can be arranged.

Trip to Moscow in December. Scouse if you need to borrow an uschanka, something can be arranged.

See what the dates are but it couldn't be December mate. No Russian teams at home the last group round.

But you made me laugh out loud regardless.

Would have loved Groups G, H or B in that order, but made up with Maribor and Seville.

You'd be disappointed not to qualify. Top finish will be tough, but doable.

In fact, all but Spurs should be looking to qualify

Sakho gets unfairly labelled as uncoordinated in my opinion, he has a weird technique so people don't actually bother to pay attention to what he does, or his stats, he's actually a superb ball-player. Career passing percentage of 86.9% ( https://www.whoscored.com/Players/29575/History/Mamadou-Sakho ) considering he attempts more than just sideways passes is exceptional. It's a higher percentage for his Liverpool career too than say his games at Palace, where clearly there is much more long ball football.

Jumping to conclusions about him being unreliable based on the aesthetics of his playing style is quite lazy, I wish his relationship with Klopp could be salvaged because Sakho-Matip would be a massive upgrade on Lovren-Matip

Sakho gets unfairly labelled as uncoordinated in my opinion, he has a weird technique so people don't actually bother to pay attention to what he does, or his stats, he's actually a superb ball-player. Career passing percentage of 86.9% ( https://www.whoscored.com/Players/29575/History/Mamadou-Sakho ) considering he attempts more than just sideways passes is exceptional. It's a higher percentage for his Liverpool career too than say his games at Palace, where clearly there is much more long ball football.

Jumping to conclusions about him being unreliable based on the aesthetics of his playing style is quite lazy, I wish his relationship with Klopp could be salvaged because Sakho-Matip would be a massive upgrade on Lovren-Matip

I agree with you that he is excellent on the ball and lets be honest he is better defensively than both Matip and Lovren. However there's a reason he got turfed out of PSG and now LFC, the guy is a well known ******** who doesn't have a professional bone in his body. Even the conman complained about his unprofessionalism and that says alot about Sakho's character.

Sound. Then hopefully Palace, West Brom or whoever will look at those stats and take the ***** off our hands by next Thursday.

Talking of .....

Awwwww, your heart just bleeds. Poor fella'

Kaveh Solhekol‏Verified account @SkyKavehFollow

More

Coutinho hoping Barcelona signing Dembélé doesn't mean they're giving up on him. Still wants Barcelona move. Told his "mood is very low"​

4:50 am - 25 Aug 2017

Southampton are gonna' make us wait until the end of the deadline for van Dijk aren't they?

Fascinated to see who else they have lined up after Klopp's comments earlier. We've never really gone the last day the summer window before since this way came in. Fixing to be a whole new mad experience.

Switching the subject to our keeper situation. It seems judging from the first couple of games this season, Mingo has switched back to his usual calamitous ways again. Its Danny Ward I feel for in this situation, feel the management ballsed up and should have loaned him back to Huddersfield for this season. He won't improve playing a handful of cup games and he's proved from his time in the championship he is an able keeper.

I agree with you that he is excellent on the ball and lets be honest he is better defensively than both Matip and Lovren. However there's a reason he got turfed out of PSG and now LFC, the guy is a well known ******** who doesn't have a professional bone in his body. Even the conman complained about his unprofessionalism and that says alot about Sakho's character.

Celebrating the touch line with the Palace players after they scored at Anfield last year just summed the ***** up. But he's 'part of the Liverpool family' or whatever ***** he's tweeted lately so bizarrely still garners a cult status thing I just will never get.

Sooner he's finally gone and we can move on the better.

Switching the subject to our keeper situation. It seems judging from the first couple of games this season, Mingo has switched back to his usual calamitous ways again. Its Danny Ward I feel for in this situation, feel the management ballsed up and should have loaned him back to Huddersfield for this season. He won't improve playing a handful of cup games and he's proved from his time in the championship he is an able keeper.

Klopp's majorly F-ed this up by letting it go on too long hasn't he?

Yeah, Mignolet to his credit hardly put a foot wrong when he returned last year and was superb most games. But that still shouldn't have detracted from the fact he needed to go and always has the propensity to revert to utter *****. And his confidence is that fragile, one mistake leads to a slew of them as we know. Very poor start the year as you note.

Why he insisted Ward stay, when Huddersfield wanted him again the year is anyone's guess? Karius is still the back-up so just what was the point? A complete, wasted year in Ward's career if he doesn't go out on loan before the deadline. You hardly ever get down to your third choice 'keeper and even if we did, the young Pole Grabara's developing well enough to be sat the bench.

Mignolet should have been moved on before the crowd turns and that situation gets ugly. And we should of either gone feet first in with Karius or Ward, or invested in experience.

Yep the keeper situation is one that Klopp defo got wrong. Karius should never have been dropped, it was only the media and pundits blowing he's mistakes out of proportion. Now I doubt we will ever know if he has the mental toughness to ride out the bad periods. The keeper situation is a mess that should've been sorted long ago.

Not sure if it was just the media blowing out of proportion with Karius, the guy looked a liability, whenever the ball was in the air especially such as set pieces, cross etc.

You don't become a bad keeper overnight though. He was good in the Bundesliga, but for whatever reason he was Sunday league level at times last season. Could be just one of those things that didn't click, confidence supremely low. But he didn't do himself any favours having bold public digs at the critiques.

De Gea looked a liability too in his early days, I would give the kid a break and would be very inclined to give him another shot.

Not sure if it was just the media blowing out of proportion with Karius, the guy looked a liability, whenever the ball was in the air especially such as set pieces, cross etc.

He's right z. Every mistake Karius made was getting scrutinised to ridiculous lengths. WAY more than anyone the same situation. No wonder his head fell off under it all.

End of the day this is one of the highest rated young goalkeepers in Germany by pretty much everyone out there. Who was voted by his fellow pro's the second best 'keeper the Bundesliga behind only Neuer the year prior to us signing him. And suddenly a young 'keeper, in a new league/ Country, thrust in without much of any training time to get an understanding with his defenders down to breaking his hand pre-season (and at that not what would be considered our first choice back line down to defensive injuries); and then comes under WAY OTT scrutiny down to Mignolet being just as bad and a ton of pressure being put on him.

You don't go from what he was showing Germany to a poor 'keeper that wants binning as many laughably make out over a 10 game sample.

I'd slightly disagree with dilakh as he's young enough to still have a long career here and taking him out of the limelight when you couldn't turn on the TV or pick up a paper without him being slaughtered was probably the right thing for his long term career at the time. I just think he should have been in a straight up battle with Danny Ward this pre-season to see who was going to be #1 and 2.

You just hope when he does get back in, and I've no doubt he will at some point this season if Mignolet carries on how he's started and the crowd turns; he's ready to grasp it and fulfil that early promise.

Smacks a lot of de Gea's early struggles adapting to English footie.

Back