The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
See I never understood why people stood so vehemently by him during his issues with UEFA. Unprofessional from the get go

See I never understood why people stood so vehemently by him during his issues with UEFA. Unprofessional from the get go

Absolutely. The main issue with UEFA was, or at least should have been, how they poorly handled things to leave L'pool a player light the Europa final when they knew it wasn't officially on their banned list.

But Sakho let his manager, teammates and every last supporter down right from the start by not running it by the club what he was taking. It's not like they don't get it drummed into them on a regular basis.

He's hardly a distraction but the sooner he's off our books and everyone can move on the better.

Apologies to dilakh, but I'd personally be made up if there's any truth in this:

John CrossVerified account @johncrossmirror
Follow

More

Liverpool really in mix for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Thought Chelsea were faves but not so sure now. Hard to see him playing on Sun if he's going​

12:46 am - 26 Aug 2017

Always really liked him and with all the attributes he brings to the table, I think he's tailor made for Klopp to maximise those talents. Perfect fit that would cover a lot.

Whether there's any truth in it remains to be seen but this hasn't gone away all summer so there is that.

I definitely think he would be ideal for Liverpool and Klopp. Moreso than under Conte and Chelsea.

As someone who is not a Liverpool fan, he is very much someone I would not like to see go to Liverpool, moreso to Chelsea. :P

I definitely think he would be ideal for Liverpool and Klopp. Moreso than under Conte and Chelsea.

As someone who is not a Liverpool fan, he is very much someone I would not like to see go to Liverpool, moreso to Chelsea. :P

I had exactly the same feeling about Utd when you brought up signing him the other day.

Couldn't believe he was being compared to Lingard, who's just a bang average worker to me with little to his game outside of pace. Nothing more than a back end squad player in an ideal World.

But everyone sees players differently.

My opinion on Ox is well documented. To me it just makes no sense, we already have a high earning jack of all trades master of none in Milner. Why add to that in an average winger/wingback who wants to play as a CM, yet has been atrocious in that position whenever he is played there. Feels like Dejavu again as Milner was signed under the promises he would play CM, yet when played there is garbage.

My opinion on Ox is well documented. To me it just makes no sense, we already have a high earning jack of all trades master of none in Milner. Why add to that in an average winger/wingback who wants to play as a CM, yet has been atrocious in that position whenever he is played there. Feels like Dejavu again as Milner was signed under the promises he would play CM, yet when played there is garbage.

That's exactly how I feel about Chamberlain, the idea of paying 35m and 180k a week to have him at United would be ridiculous

That's exactly how I feel about Chamberlain, the idea of paying 35m and 180k a week to have him at United would be ridiculous

Would of liked him at United personally, as a squad player, class above Lingard for me.

But when I realised the wages he wants... **** that.

Would of liked him at United personally, as a squad player, class above Lingard for me.

But when I realised the wages he wants... **** that.

Over his injury ravaged career, he's scored less,created less (but assisted more) dribbled less successfully and passed less successful. Qualitatively, he gets injured far more, is less consistent, and would cost us far more than Lingard, and still would get past Martial Miki Mata, and he's absolutely average in the position he wants to play in: center mid

You're all completely missing the fact that Ox isn't leaving Arsenal to become a squad player. In fact it's probably one of the factors why he's leaving, not started as much as he wanted in his Arsenal career/not in his 'favourite position'. It's a complete non-debate. If Liverpool want to sign him and play him week in-week out, that's their decision, not at OT though.

You know what I meant. If Mané's fit, he starts. Ox wants these privileges somewhere

The point being nobody is guaranteed anything under Klopp so if he signed, he's buying into the project and wanting to be a part under this manager.

He wouldn't be offered a position or a starting role.

And he sure as heck wouldn'tt be getting anything like £180 K a week.

Which is why I think he might sway towards Chelsea, takes Moses' place

Quite possibly. I know Liverpool had good conversations with him earlier the summer where he showed a big interest in being a part of the squad and wanting to play under the manager knowing he'd get his share of games but who knows where he's at now?

But anyone not willing to be a part of the squad and what's happening here and wanting anything more wouldn't be here. He's walked away from a couple of big players who wanted Champions League football and more money over wanting to be a part of the project. One who he made at Dortmund. Nobody is guaranteed anything.

Be real interesting to see how long it takes Coutinho to return to the team.

If he is allowed to move from Arsenal and he wants to play in midfield then Liverpool is the best option for him. He might also get games in the midfield for Chelsea, but more chances as RWB which is same as with Arsenal. He really doesn't function that well in midfield 2 save for some odd exceptional performances, but I think in the 3 employed by Liverpool he could do well.

Back