The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Sunday evening. Still real warm. Town buzzing after just about as close to perfection performance as it gets.

And I've just got back in the house at just after 9. I'm getting OLD **** it!

The Reds. That is all.

I'd rather have sealed Can, then chased Keita for next summer

Can's sound mate. Nobody at the club is worried. He's not worried. The contracts all be done. Just the media trying to make something out of it.

Of all the things to be done this week, he's the last of our worries if truth be told.

Can's sound mate. Nobody at the club is worried. He's not worried. The contracts all be done. Just the media trying to make something out of it.

Of all the things to be done this week, he's the last of our worries if truth be told.

He's not worried because he'll either be at Liverpool or Juventus. Wins either way. It's not the media, Juventus already confirmed their interest. He'd be the first thing I'd take care of.

It's not the media, Juventus already confirmed their interest. He'd be the first thing I'd take care of.

Juventus can confirm what they want. He's in no danger of leaving. So it's a non-story they're trying to make a story out of.

Nobody, but nobody, is worried at all. That's how concerning it is.

Right, so that's the fourth best team the Bundesliga walloped over two games, and what would be a 100% start were it not for a badly allowed offside equaliser the opening day. With performances improving by the game to that stunner today. All without Lallana and the narky *** Brazilian which is credit to the players on the park who've just got on with it. Particularly his bezzie Firmino whos now 3 goals and 3 assists on the season through 5 games. The ultimate all round striker.

Now the footies put to bed on a terrific high, time to box off van Dijk and whomever else. And off load the likes of Sakho finally. Weird change to be so heavily involved the end of a summer window. And quite an exciting few days coming up.

Honestly, without trying to put a dampner on Liverpool today, Lemar won't happen.

Too many clubs in for him and Monaco have no pressure to sell this window.

Honestly, without trying to put a dampner on Liverpool today, Lemar won't happen.

Too many clubs in for him and Monaco have no pressure to sell this window.

Whilst I agree, I wouldnt count anything out this crazy window!

Seen mumurings of Renato Sanchez too that would be a good signing for me. Gunna be a mad end to the window!

I like the current league table.
I've said it on here many times before.
The two teams I want to see battle it out are United and Liverpool.

It's an Irish thing.
There are strong Irish links to both teams (if you don't know, educate yourself).
So nobody over here cares if City of Chelsea win the league... We only care if it's United or Liverpool.

Last edited:
I like the current league table.
I've said it on here many times before.
The two teams I want to see battle it out are United and Liverpool.

Can't wait for October 14.

If you're going to play as high as you have been, you're liable to get ripped to shreds at Anfield.

If you sit in your own area and go to spoil the game like last year, well, we have more speed and more options to open that up.

It's going to be a tough game Scouse.
Liverpool are playing good footie and I certainly wouldn't be going around on match day with a cheesy grin.

BTW, anyone need to lose weight, go stand the back the Kop on a scorcher like this avvi.

Christ, me kecks were swimming by half-time. Like a sauna with no air. Glad I was playing in it at that intensity.

You know fine well José isn't going to go to Anfield and play to your strengths. He's no Wenger. Still shocked at Arsene, that was pathetic today, from him as much as his players.

Anyway, it'll be similar to last year, but with a fully fit panel, we'll be much better equipped to execute the plan. Matic-Herrera-Pogba in midfield (not Pogba as an outlet 10), Lukaku leading the line & running the channels (not Zlatan dropping deep... Pogba was almost the highest forward in that game last season), with plenty of pace on the flanks.

Yeah, Lukaku who Lucas of all players didn't give a kick to and won every header against last year.

That's his perennial problem lid. Disappears every big game. Watching the Chelsea highlights there, and this is purely a personal opinion, I'm SO glad you couldn't get the Spaniard and ended up with Lukaku. Moratta would of given Utd a whole new dimension that wouldn't be good.

Hopefully, van Dijk will be here and up to speed by then.

Lukaku gives us a different dimension. Although no denying I would've taken Morata too. Most honest & unbiased Chelsea fans would tell you the same, they would've been happy with either.

Unfair to judge him in big games with Everton, who can be very negative, they have more DM's than I've had hot dinners.

Anthony, maybe so - but we're on a football manager forum, so you're probably going to see a lot of that.

Seen mumurings of Renato Sanchez too that would be a good signing for me. Gunna be a mad end to the window!

Agreed. Don't know if there's a genuine interest but I'd be all over that if there was given what Klopp can do for top young talent. I was real surprised at the reticence, to be kind, the Utd thread when he was linked a few weeks back.

The lads 18, moving to a completely new Country and culture and trying to break into a Munich side jam packed with top tier talent. Yet people are prepared to write him off on the back of a down first year. Completely ignoring all the massive hype in the same thread from the same people the previous summer off the back of his brilliant Euros when he was heavily linked again to Utd.

Don't get that logic at all. A year loan with a potential low first option written in for such potential ..... Where the heck is the downside to that?

Back