The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You see lad, even you can admit that Mourinho won't be as foolish as Wenger is with his tactical naivety. .....

Hey, I had Rh arguing for Wenger doing the right thing and sticking with 3 at the back with the WB's pushed on (against well arguably the 2 fastest players, let alone wingers, the PL and the space left in behind) the Arsenal thread the other day when I asked surely he wouldn't be as naive as the young Hoffenheim manager and would change to a deeper 4?

So yer know, who's to say if he got it tactically wrong or not right Rh mate? :P ;)

Hahahahahaha. Brilliant Spook. That's getting bounced on in texts! ;)

Great that in 2 out the 3 league games all three main attacking forwards have scored. Aside from what they've all assisted. Adding the rapid, Olympic pace of Salah into that mix just adds another constant threat for defences to worry about.

Always amuses me when people cite L'pool not having a 20 goal striker. Sadio would of P the 20 goal mark last year the pace he was on if he'd not got injured the Derby and missed the last three months. And he's 3 out of 3 already.

Much rather have a serious goal threat from all over with the opposition not being able to know who to concentrate on than just one goal scorer getting the bulk. The absolute ideal of course is to have a consistent 9 (hopefully Firmino becomes that to go along with everything else he does so well) alongside that but goals is one thing we'll never lack for.

Ged Rea@ged0407Follow

More

Yesterday also first time since Aug 2013 that @LFC have kept 4 successive league clean sheets at Anfield.

3:13 am - 28 Aug 2017

Which is now 7 clean sheets the last 9 league games period which I'm sure is a real surprising eye opener to many. Still a lot of work to be done there, regardless of any imminent van Dijk arrival or not, but things are moving in an upward direction.

Not buying a word of Klopp saying Mignolet is the clear #1 and will start City FWIW. You don't 'rest' goalies. Let alone 5 games into the season. He's had WAY worse 5 game spells and not been under any pressure. Real interesting to see if he's still here Friday morning.

Mixed return for Karius. Although he had next to nottin' to do, he still managed to create the only panic Arsenal had all game. Twice over by bizarrely thinking he had all day on the ball in the fastest, most frenetic league in World footie! Thankfully, he did learn from that and was clearing the ball a lot quicker first time the longer the game went. What was ridiculous was the amount of absolute dickheads shouting 'Get rid ********!' or the like every time it was near him. Like how is that supposed to help any players confidence? Let alone a young 'keeper brought back in from nowhere in a top game for the first time in 7 months? You despair at the logic of some 'fans' today. Loved his willingness to come off his line and punch the ball clear. Very noticeable the difference in both his starting position and distribution to Mignolet.

But to then leave him out the side after the break City would be detrimental IMHO. You're either going all in and starting the Karius era to see where it leads or you aren't. You can't half **** with the goalkeeping situation.

I respect Klopp as much as the next guy, but he always had suspect judgement when it comes to goalkeepers.

I respect Klopp as much as the next guy, but he always had suspect judgement when it comes to goalkeepers.

Related, for you at least. Grabara is gonna' have a long International career all things being equal.

Whether he ultimately becomes a first choice at Anfield or elsewhere, he's every chance of being a real solid goalie for someone. It's the composure that stands out. Real rare in young goalies on a consistent basis. Rarely if ever makes the wrong decision. He had one bad F-up early last year the 23's at Chelsea, and since then he's been pretty faultless.

Another real promising Polish goalie you have there to look forward to in future years.

Liverpool actually defend really well/very deep against big sides though. ****** up how they're so delicate against everyone else

Well, you say that but only 2 of those 7 clean sheets the last 9 league games have come against sides that finished top half last year. (Arsenal and Southampton.).

So things are improving.

Not so much about the cleansheets though, against Arsenal yesterday you attacked with 11 & defended with 11. Very quick regrouping in defensive transition. At Old Trafford last season it was similar.

There's definitely some difference against the big sides; so if you put your minds to it, yous can actually defend decently. Just don't do it near enough. You'd near want to be an underdog, with Lovren & co. at their half way line.

Getting Lemar would be a huge statement, but can't help but feel it's too little too late trying to get him now.

Nice to see Liverpool being ambitious though, genuinely would like to see you strengthen before the end of the window. A revitalised Liverpool under Klopp and a bit more quality, you can go a long way. Even in Champions League imo.

But you defo need one or two quality signings before this window shuts, or else it's a disappointment.

If you got Lemar and Van Dijk for example, would be beyond perfect.

Just beat me on Keita. Rumoured he was having a medical the Spire this AM. Nothing concrete and L'pool's the worst City for rumours.

Everyone from Joyce on down is running that now.

Just beat me on Keita. Rumoured he was having a medical the Spire this AM. Nothing concrete and L'pool's the worse for rumours.

Everyone from Joyce on down is running that now.
Yep apparently paid a fair sack over next season release clause. Good signing for Pool!

BBC just confirmed it!

Last edited:
Excellent signing. No wonder Liverpool are happy with Can's situation. They are covered no matter what from when he leaves. Lemar in to replace Countinho woukd be excellent business

Seems like a good deal for everyone, pool get their man for not as much as they bid earlier to make up for the delay, Leipzig get over the release clause and ensure he leaves the league and doesn't help Bayern and Keita gets his move

Back