The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Thats Emre Can gone then. No way he is staying beyond the summer with Naby keita arriving. Would make zero sense for him to sign now.

Thats Emre Can gone then. No way he is staying beyond the summer with Naby keita arriving. Would make zero sense for him to sign now.

Why? It's a squad game and he's a big part of that. You need 17/18 players all on a similar level. It's no longer about 1-XI. Going into this season, would Can of been part of an ideal three? Probably not. You'd of had Handerson, Coutinho, Lallana. With Can and Wijnaldum first back-up. But he's not been refusing to sign anything and the contract is there to be signed. This changes nottin'.

Last edited:
Why? It's a squad game and he's a big part of that. You need 17/18 players all on a similar level. It's no longer about 1-XI. Going into this season, would Can of been part of an ideal three? Probably not. You'd of had Handerson, Coutinho, Lallana. With Can and Wijnaldum first back-up. But he's not been refusing to sign anything and the contract is there to be signed. This changes nottin'.

Mate all I'm saying is if he doesnt sign a contract by the time the window closes he is off. It's a squad game that part is true but at the same time the manager's going to have an idea of he's preferred eleven, it would be naive to not think that. Especially with Can's gripe being playing time. There comes a point when it doesn't become conpetition for places, what with 6 midfielders competing for three places. It's a shame really as him and Matic have been the best midfielders in the league so far.

Mate all I'm saying is if he doesnt sign a contract by the time the window closes he is off. It's a squad game that part is true but at the same time the manager's going to have an idea of he's preferred eleven, it would be naive to not think that. Especially with Can's gripe being playing time. There comes a point when it doesn't become conpetition for places, what with 6 midfielders competing for three places. It's a shame really as him and Matic have been the best midfielders in the league so far.

The time to start worrying about that is if we're approaching January 1 and he's not extended.

I firmly believe he will but right now it's not a big issue at all.

The club and manager aren't worried he won't extend. He's made absolutely zero waves. No need for any of us to be.

Scouse how confident you of getting Lemar before the deadline? If the latest report is true that Monaco would be more tempted if you offered (which you seem willing) someone like Origi in the deal.

Scouse how confident you of getting Lemar before the deadline? If the latest report is true that Monaco would be more tempted if you offered (which you seem willing) someone like Origi in the deal.

Personally just waiting for van Dijk to be announced. But I've been patiently waiting for that since before the last game of last season so yer know. :).

Just posted in the transfer thread that 'if' a second offer has gone straight in of a reported £64 million, I can't see Monaco turning that down. And if the sweetener ends up being Origi who they apparently really like the look of aside from this then all the better. Personally, I'd be sorry to give up on Origi. But he has regressed terribly for all his talent over the past year and has started this season out just as bad. And you add Solanke being the complete opposite and looking every bit the confident, natural, smart striker you wouldn't hesitate playing the PL/ CL, then he's fast falling to the outside looking in. Might well be best for all parties.

As for Lemar, outside of him looking brilliant on cut-ups and everything I read describing him brilliantly, I honestly know nottin' about him. But if Klopp is willing to bag him for this sum for the long haul, then he must feel he's a perfect fit all round.

*Edit* I think it's telling they've immediately gone straight back in with a second offer if that's the case. They must have an idea what it will take.

Last edited:
I don't know about Lemar being a perfect fit, I do know he would be the closest realistic replacement to Coutinho and he is an excellent player. I think it's less likely to happen than not, but Liverpool know they are out of time to dilly dally

All these players supposedly coming in. I wonder if its the green light for the Coutinho sale...

All these players supposedly coming in. I wonder if its the green light for the Coutinho sale...
maybe but the way you played on sunday would you miss him i know he good but no 1 is bigger than the club

I don't know mate but he can F himself either way.

He's there today, with the Brazilian doctors, being passed fully fit for the Internationals. After the gutless little shithouse faked injury, and took himself out of two monstrous games that could have rendered the hard work of last season utterly pointless.

I can't think of any L'pool player in recent memory that's done anything as potentially damaging to the club as that.

I'm personally through with the gutless little ***** whether he stays or goes this year.

Imagine tweeting this:

Liverpool working hard to make sure they sign Thomas Lemar or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before window closes on Thursday

It's like saying Liverpool are working hard to make sure they're either going to have a steak or fish fingers for lunch tomorrow.

Imagine tweeting this:

Liverpool working hard to make sure they sign Thomas Lemar or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain before window closes on Thursday

It's like saying Liverpool are working hard to make sure they're either going to have a steak or fish fingers for lunch tomorrow.

Looks like the fish fingers are all gone...

Back