The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
A £118 visa!?! wow that is expensive

F-ed up relations we have with Russia that has continued ***-for-tat bollocks going on.

And it has to be sent off to London to be processed over 5 days. Then another day to come back to Manchester. And then the return post to get it back to you so that all adds. So you're paying whatever way if you don't go in person to the Embassy in either Edinburgh or London and just go the one now in Manchester.

The really f-ed up thing is they only last 30 days, so you draw another Russian side later on, you have to go through the same again. Like the whole application process. Getting new letters of invite. The whole nine yards. Even though they have you on record. And you make just one mistake the application the twats will send you away to come back another day. Plus you're left needing a real quick turnaround with the shorter knock-out dates after the draw so that all adds to the quick Visa processing cost.

The Russians are just the worst to deal with for travelling there. I wasn't gonna' bother but one of the lads had a load of air miles he's got a dirt cheap flight with, and we came across some real cheap flights with Air France out of West Midlands that tie up with his connection in Paris along with staying somewhere we've stopped before (which always helps to know the area in Moscow you're based) so F-it. Not that too many will be going out the two Moscow games, but there shouldn't be any 'passengers' go out to start with to that place so you'd hope both clubs fans will be more concerned about keeping a low profile and self-preservation against any Russian groks to not bother coming across each other.

Mercifully, in light of the final were anyone to get there, you don't need a Visa the Ukraine.

One down. Two (at least. Who knows what else with this mad window?) to go.

Still deep in talks with Monaco over the structuring of the third Lemar bid. And let's see where Southampton stand when the bid goes in for van Dijk?

Absolutely made up with Oxlade-Chamberlain. Perfect skill set for how we play. At still only 24. With all the extra games, his versatility has just improved the quality of our depth massively.

Really not sure what you guys see in Ox. Average player, speed merchant, definitively not worth 35m with one year in his contract.

*Whispers hey d, he wanted him for a reason. And he's not let us down on any signing to press.

He has this.

iu

*Whispers hey d, he wanted him for a reason. And he's not let us down on any signing to press.

He has this.

iu
Any other manager and this would be a useless signing, Klopp has worked wonders on worse. Putting aside whether he is good enough or not it just doesn't make any sense this signing. He isn't good enough for Arsenal in either of his favourite positions what makes him think he would be good enough for us. He's here now I guess so I hope he proves me wrong but the way I see it we've just signed James Milner's regen.

Any other manager and this would be a useless signing, Klopp has worked wonders on worse. Putting aside whether he is good enough or not it just doesn't make any sense this signing. He isn't good enough for Arsenal in either of his favourite positions what makes him think he would be good enough for us. He's here now I guess so I hope he proves me wrong but the way I see it we've just signed James Milner's regen.

How in the World does it not make sense to you?

Seriously, I don't get how you could be at all disappointed here. A 24 year old, nowhere near his prime player who's been ****** around at Arsenal, played in 8 different positions, and non-consistently. Rapid, two footed, great technically. Just the perfect fit to add quality depth to our squad and improve it with all the games we have to play.

With no disrespect intended, this repeated Milner line is just ridiculous.

How in the World does it not make sense to you?

Seriously, I don't get how you could be at all disappointed here. A 24 year old, nowhere near his prime player who's been ****** around at Arsenal, played in 8 different positions, and non-consistently. Rapid, two footed, great technically. Just the perfect fit to add quality depth to our squad and improve it with all the games we have to play.

With no disrespect intended, this repeated Milner line is just ridiculous.
First of all, he isn't great technically, AOC game is based on power and pace. Secondly, 40mill on a player who will be available on a free next year as cover is never a good deal no matter how you spin it. Everything so far in his career point to mediocre, 9 prem goals, Injury prone (albeit he seems to have gotten over it) and not to mention he isn't better than any of our wingers or midfielders. Thats what makes this a baffling signing mate, and the Milner part was a football manager joke. The only thing i'll agree with you on is that having Klopp as our manager is the saving grace for AOC as he will defo improve under him.

Well, the boy is natural winger who want to play in central midfield. If he insist on playing there, it would be disaster. On wings, maybe Kloppo can do something with him. At least, Mane and Salah will have equally rapid replacement.
All things aside, still think 35m is too much. 20, perhaps.

40 mil for a HG, young, usually quick - "jack of all trades, master of none in a squad driven league".. seems pretty decent price.

..... The only thing i'll agree with you on is that having Klopp as our manager is the saving grace for AOC as he will defo improve under him.

Then cling to that. He want's him. He's prepared to pay £35 million for him. Whether you personally rate him or not, keep that thought on our manager continuing to add what he believes fits perfect for him and what he's building here.

He's not let us down yet the transfer market.

Then cling to that. He want's him. He's prepared to pay £35 million for him. Whether you personally rate him or not, keep that thought on our manager continuing to add what he believes fits perfect for him and what he's building here.

He's not let us down yet the transfer market.
Lets hope he proves me wrong like the Wiji transfer. Although Klopp did approve the signing of Klavan so...

Back