The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Liverpool are 10/1 for the league??
Those odds are absolutely brilliant. I'm having a few quid on that.

*prepares for the backlash.

What happened Scouse? I thought Van Dijk would surely be at Anfield by now? ;)

Personally just waiting for van Dijk to be announced. But I've been patiently waiting for that since before the last game of last season so yer know. :).

If only I had a penny for every time I read this (or similar) from Scouse this summer :P

I said they'd hold out for the sake of it. Maybe there was a late deal sheet but I doubt it

If only I had a penny for every time I read this (or similar) from Scouse this summer :P

Conversely if I had one for every ..... let's be kind and say 'misguided' poster ..... that tried vainly to argue he would sign for any club that were in the CL and offered the right money when he and Southampton only had one option on where he could go we'd both be rather well off.

It would appear the threat of any potential ban is all that's scuppered that.

Why Southampton have cut their nose off to spite their face for 6 months to prove a point you'd have to ask them?

I suppose like Coutinho, he has to play and give his all with it being a WC year. There's that leverage. Having said that, the Dutch would need to pull up their socks a little bit in their group.

Conversely if I had one for every ..... let's be kind and say 'misguided' poster ..... that tried vainly to argue he would sign for any club that were in the CL and offered the right money when he and Southampton only had one option on where he could go we'd both be rather well off.

Joke's still you mate since no club offered an acceptable bid so we will never know :P

Also the fact that Southampton held firm just shows how badly Liverpool must have ****** them off this window.

Last edited:
At the end you are also really thinking, Van Dijk is a great player but if its really a 'Liverpool or nothing' stance from him then there is something wrong with his sanity and clubs are glad to have dodged a bullet.

Don't get me wrong, I would have said the same if a player was reportedly so badly fixated on Chelsea or United etc.

With that said, good luck to him repairing all those bridges he burnt. Maybe next time, don't be a lid and sign a contract till 2022.

Back