The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Meant to put this up the other day and talking about the man has just jogged my memory the PL thread. This looks like it'll be a MUST watch film from the man's own mouth:

[video=youtube;6mA6uA2-Rcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA6uA2-Rcw[/video]

Swear down I'd follow that fella' into **** and back if he asked. What he's done for my City, forget the ridiculous achievements and commitment he's given to LFC the last 40 years and counting, but what the MAN has given of himself for this City when we needed it the most in our darkest hour (that fair broke him lets not forget. Carry a City on his shoulders through the worst of times) ..... The most important Liverpudlian, who wasn't born a Liverpudlian, this City has ever had. The utmost admiration and debt I feel toward him really can't be adequately expressed in words.

Real savvy move from the club to be having all the official unveiling and pageantry of renaming the Kemmy in his honour Sat'day. Morning kick-offs are invariably real flat affairs, even L'pool/ Utd games, with everyone half asleep and hung over from the start the weekend the night before. So if the unveiling of the Kenny Dalglish Stand pre-game doesn't have people bouncing nottin' will!

Just a shame and to L'pool's detriment it's taken them this long to get around to it.

Meant to put this up the other day and talking about the man has just jogged my memory the PL thread. This looks like it'll be a MUST watch film from the man's own mouth:

[video=youtube;6mA6uA2-Rcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA6uA2-Rcw[/video]

Swear down I'd follow that fella' into **** and back if he asked. What he's done for my City, forget the ridiculous achievements and commitment he's given to LFC the last 40 years and counting, but what the MAN has given of himself for this City when we needed it the most in our darkest hour (that fair broke him lets not forget. Carry a City on his shoulders through the worst of times) ..... The most important Liverpudlian, who wasn't born a Liverpudlian, this City has ever had. The utmost admiration and debt I feel toward him really can't be adequately expressed in words.

Real savvy move from the club to be having all the official unveiling and pageantry of renaming the Kemmy in his honour Sat'day. Morning kick-offs are invariably real flat affairs, even L'pool/ Utd games, with everyone half asleep and hung over from the start the weekend the night before. So if the unveiling of the Kenny Dalglish Stand pre-game doesn't have people bouncing nottin' will!

Just a shame and to L'pool's detriment it's taken them this long to get around to it.
Even if he got us relegated we the fans should still be thanking him for his service. Disgraceful how he was treated by the fans during his second stint. Really ****** me off as most have no idea how much he has done for this great club.

Just watching some highlight games on MUTV. Jay Spearing forgot all about him.

Wont knock the lad as he gave his best everytime he played. Just wasn't good enough. Real credit to Rafa for turning around the youth system as we see through the conveyor belt of talent we have now.

Even if he got us relegated we the fans should still be thanking him for his service. Disgraceful how he was treated by the fans during his second stint. Really ****** me off as most have no idea how much he has done for this great club.

Sorry mate but I'm a little lost there. Kenny got great support the match and most people were up in arms with FSG for binning him after winning the League Cup and battering Chelsea in what should have been a cup double.

Interested to read how you thought it was different? On-line?

Wont knock the lad as he gave his best everytime he played. Just wasn't good enough. Real credit to Rafa for turning around the youth system as we see through the conveyor belt of talent we have now.

Have to take issue there ..... What did Rafa do exactly that helped the youth ranks? He completely took control of Kirkby as he micromanaged EVERY aspect of the football club. Forcing Stevie Heighway and Hughie McAuley out in the process. (Both now thankfully back on staff and helping develop our young guns.). He filled the youth ranks and ressi's as was at the time with a ridiculous amount of foreigners. Who he insisted played. Often at the expense of any promising British/ local lad. (Which lead to a lot of Stevie Heighway's issues.). And it all lead to very little of note coming through.

The academy really started kicking on 3 years back when Inglethorpe took over and we had a major shift in everything from Rafa's still there quantity approach to a smaller number, quality over quantity ethos with top youth coaches brought back into the fold for more individual training. Along with capping first-year contracts to bring the kids up right and have them there because they want to come in to work hard every day. And not to just get too much £ before they've actually earned it.

Sorry mate but I'm a little lost there. Kenny got great support the match and most people were up in arms with FSG for binning him after winning the League Cup and battering Chelsea in what should have been a cup double.

Interested to read how you thought it was different? On-line?

Have to take issue there ..... What did Rafa do exactly that helped the youth ranks? He completely took control of Kirkby as he micromanaged EVERY aspect of the football club. Forcing Stevie Heighway and Hughie McAuley out in the process. (Both now thankfully back on staff and helping develop our young guns.). He filled the youth ranks and ressi's as was at the time with a ridiculous amount of foreigners. Who he insisted played. Often at the expense of any promising British/ local lad. (Which lead to a lot of Stevie Heighway's issues.). And it all lead to very little of note coming through.

The academy really started kicking on 3 years back when Inglethorpe took over and we had a major shift in everything from Rafa's still there quantity approach to a smaller number, quality over quantity ethos with top youth coaches brought back into the fold for more individual training. Along with capping first-year contracts to bring the kids up right and have them there because they want to come in to work hard every day. And not to just get too much £ before they've actually earned it.

Sorry meant online, some of the stuff I read was disgusting.

On the Rafa issue, he completely restructured the youth system from top to bottom and now we have got players like Trent, Wilson and many others coming through rather than the likes of Darby and many other failed names. Remember bear in mind it takes at least a decade to see the fruits of labour come through. Heighway and Hughie for me were living of past glory, they failed to produce anyone of note and he was replaced with a better man in Borrell and Segura plus other coaches. I know we all want to see local British players come through but at the time they were pretty useless. Also you cant give Inglethorpe the credit for the cohort of players coached through the Benitez changes led era. Inglethorpe time of judgement will come in a couple of years time.

Last edited:
Sorry meant online, some of the stuff I read was disgusting.

On the Rafa issue, he completely restructured the youth system from top to bottom and now we have got players like Trent, Wilson and many others coming through rather than the likes of Darby and many other failed names. Remember bear in mind it takes at least a decade to see the fruits of labour come through. Heighway and Hughie for me were living of past glory, they failed to produce anyone of note and he was replaced with a better man in Borrell and Segura plus other coaches. I know we all want to see local British players come through but at the time they were pretty useless. Also you cant give Inglethorpe the credit for the cohort of players coached through the Benitez changes led era. Inglethorpe time of judgement will come in a couple of years time.

Can't agree on the Youth structure if you look into it mate but regardless, more interested in the bolded. People were attacking Kenny? Seriously?

I mean, there's criticism when it's justified, nobody is above the club. But that sounds like it was WELL out of order. Bellends.

Although that said, it's really hard to decipher who's a genuine L'pool fan from Evertonians and Mancs when it's an open, public message board or the like so you'd hope it would just be them trolling.

Any genuine Red doing that to KK wants a severe slap. And not just one!

De gea is an amazing player. I really wish he moves to real any time soon. My FM saves thinks like that also.

Even if United somehow grab a late winner here, this game shows that they are really not as good as people thought they were after the first 7-8 games where they did not face a single team in the top half.

Even if United somehow grab a late winner here, this game shows that they are really not as good as people thought they were after the first 7-8 games where they did not face a single team in the top half.

Flawed logic. As a Chelsea fan, you should know better than anyone this is Jose's style in big away games. Didn't stop him being your greatest ever manager, winning trophies.

I'd say good game to you Liverpool lads, but that was shocking. But hey, that's how Jose wanted it to be. On to the next.

Thats how they will most likely challenge/win the league though. Beat the lesser teams and play for a point away against the top six.

Thats how they will most likely challenge/win the league though. Beat the lesser teams and play for a point away against the top six.

Not in today's game it's not when City are far better and play to win everywhere.

Not in today's game it's not when City are far better and play to win everywhere.
They have strong spine along with a flat track bully in Lukaku. Most importantly they have Mourinho, he will make sure they will at the very least push city right to the wire.

They have strong spine along with a flat track bully in Lukaku. Most importantly they have Mourinho, he will make sure they will at the very least push city right to the wire.

Said it the summer, seen nottin' to change my mind since. City are streets ahead and go out to win every game they play. Utd are on a level with ourselves, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal. As much as it's unflattering to us going into today's game in 7th, given we've been playing really well just not taking chances, it was equally unflattering the amount of goals they've scored and a few of those games they were fortunate to win.

We're in a battle for top 4 with 4 of the other 6. And City are a cut above everyone.

City are great at the moment, no one can deny.

But let's not forget they looked cut above everything else first 10 games of last season. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Plus they're also had fortunate moments thus far, scoring in last min Vs Bournemouth. Sending off against Liverpool changed the whole game, so doubt we could of known what would of happened if it was 11 v 11.

The main difference for me z is they've just no fear. Like ourselves, they go everywhere thinking they're the best side on the park to win. (Difference between them and ourselves is they have a ridiculous squad. Lose Mané? Meh, we'll just bring in a £50 million £terling or a Sané. The arsenal of weapons available to Guardiola is ridiculous.).

They come to Anfield today, they take us on and go all out for the win. Utterly fearless. Because they know they're that good going forward. Like they did in playing Chelsea off the park before the break. How do you compete with that? Taking the table as is, the (current) next best team, yourselves, will doubtless go to Chelsea, like today, and both play for and be happy with a point.

Unless someone is prepared to go balls out every game, I just don't see anyone matching that pace over a season. Yeah, they'll drop points. Everyone will. Nobody's had a sticky patch yet outside of Liverpool's early and every team does over the course of a season. But City's all-out attacking attitude and the ridiculous, top quality they can interchange ..... Time will tell obviously but I don't see anyone keeping up with that.

Last edited:
You're right to an extent scouse, but when you're playing well you do play without fear.

Think their real test is when the fixtures start getting congested, can they grind out results when that time inevitably comes?

That's exactly how we won pretty much all our titles. So no idea what Alc is on about. This kind of approach puts you into the mid 80 points brackets. That enough to win titles and certainly title challengers, after that it's about trying to make the fine margins go your way.

If we can beat the likes of Arsenal and Spurs home and away, and take home wins against the rest, that will put us in title contention.
It's interesting he says we are not as good as we think, after Chelsea just slipped up...

Last edited:
Back