The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Kane is on another planet man. If he had some fancy foreign name, he'd be picked up by Madrid or someone by now. Reckon he may be next summer.

I know City are a league above everyone else but I wouldn't be surprised to see spurs push them all they way. Most balanced first team in the league for me.

I know City are a league above everyone else but I wouldn't be surprised to see spurs push them all they way. Most balanced first team in the league for me.

Been the most balanced, consistent team for years. But Spurs will always be spurs when it gets hot in April/May.

Kane is on another planet man. If he had some fancy foreign name, he'd be picked up by Madrid or someone by now.

A fancy foreign name like Gareth Bale for example? ;)

A fancy foreign name like Gareth Bale for example? ;)

It still took a few seasons for them to come knocking from him. Imagine if 24 year old Argentine Harizzio Kanelo was about to win 3 Golden Boots in a row, with a record vs top 6 sides better than 1 in 2 :P

Well that was a fun Sunday. Not 4-1 bad but certainly not deserving of taking anything. Good decision to swerve that shithole too so there is that to not ruin my Sunday night.

At least there's a full week to prepare before the Klopp/ Wagner love-in next Sat'day.

Re watching the goals and assessing Mingolet. Honestly he could have probably save 3 out of the 4 goals if had better positioning and reaction time. Could have easily saved Alli's shot and made it extremely easy for Kane for the first.

Man that's a weekly occurrence on-line/ social media. Patience is no longer a virtue. He needs to go. FSG need to go. The whole nine yards.

Can't be arsed getting into it with them.

Come on mate, at this point if he wasn't named Klopp you'd be calling for his head, patience be damned. He's hanging on to the job purely due to his past reputation and likeable personality. The truth is he's had good first 12 months and it's been downhill ever since

Come on mate, at this point if he wasn't named Klopp you'd be calling for his head, patience be damned. He's hanging on to the job purely due to his past reputation and likeable personality. The truth is he's had good first 12 months and it's been downhill ever since

Really? Yer seriously believe that huh? Let's reassess.

He took someone else's team, a team that most everyone had finishing midtable, to two major Cup finals his first part-season having arrived in October. Having had no pre-season and signing nobody.

He then improves the league record in his first full season to return the club to the CL. A place they've been only once in the previous seven seasons since Rafa's tenure. In so doing increasing the wins on the previous season by 6. Recording the best goals against record for 5 seasons. And totalling L'pool's joint third highest points total the PL era. All whilst battling a constant injury list of key players that cost a serious title assault that was happening before they hit.

You can't ask for any more than progress season-on-season and he's MORE than done that his first two years. The football club, on most every level, is the healthiest it's been at most anytime the PL era. A slow start to this season, which let us not forget is only on October, and unfortunately picking some stubborn *** clubs to do business with the summer, isn't changing that. And along the way, he's given us some outstanding memories with some ridiculously good football.

The difference between Klopp and the other 5 top 6 managers (outside Wenger who's a law unto himself), is he's under zero pressure to 'win now' from the owners or majority of fans. He's here for the next 5 years at least and he's building season-on-season with an eye one or two years down the line. (Keita a recent glaring example for next year.). Whilst trying to stay competitive as we go.

Nobody said this was going to be an easy road back to where we so crave to be after nigh on 3 decades of mismanagement, on and off the pitch. But as evidenced by the progression of the football club in each of his first two years, and it being in a **** of lot healthier situation than when he took over, the project we're all in on with him is working to that ultimate goal.

To move away from him now would be everyone's detriment. So yeah, contrary to you seemingly mistaking me for a modern day, Sky generation. 'what have you done for me lately?' breed of fan, some of us do have the patience to realise there's going to bumps along the road when you're completely rebuilding a football club. The knee-jerkers out in force after every game L'pool fail to win, like today's bad day at Tottenham, are not representative of most match going Reds/ Scousers in general.

He's the right and only man for us my Polish friend and we're progressing nicely under him.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that Lord Jesus Klopp is going to be crucified after this game.

Nonono, keep him for at least 5 years. Maybe he'll make some progress then. After that, keep him for 5 more years. Than bring back Kenny. lul

He took someone else's team, a team that most everyone had finishing midtable, to two major Cup finals his first part-season having arrived in October. Having had no pre-season and signing nobody.

He then improves the league record in his first full season to return the club to the CL. A place they've been only once in the previous seven seasons since Rafa's tenure. In so doing increasing the wins on the previous season by 6. Recording the best goals against record for 5 seasons. And totalling L'pool's joint third highest points total the PL era. All whilst battling a constant injury list of key players that cost a serious title assault that was happening before they hit.

You can't ask for any more than progress season-on-season and he's MORE than done that his first two years. The football club, on most every level, is the healthiest it's been at most anytime the PL era. A slow start to this season, which let us not forget is only on October, and unfortunately picking some stubborn *** clubs to do business with the summer, isn't changing that. And along the way, he's given us some outstanding memories with some ridiculously good football.

The difference between Klopp and the other 5 top 6 managers (outside Wenger who's a law unto himself), is he's under zero pressure to 'win now' from the owners or majority of fans. He's here for the next 5 years at least and he's building season-on-season with an eye one or two years down the line. (Keita a recent glaring example for next year.). Whilst trying to stay competitive as we go.

Nobody said this was going to be an easy road back to where we so crave to be after nigh on 3 decades of mismanagement, on and off the pitch. But as evidenced by the progression of the football club in each of his first two years, and it being in a **** of lot healthier situation than when he took over, the project we're all in on with him is working to that ultimate goal.

To move away from him now would be everyone's detriment. So yeah, contrary to you seemingly mistaking me for a modern day, Sky generation. 'what have you done for me lately?' breed of fan, some of us do have the patience to realise there's going to bumps along the road when you're completely rebuilding a football club. The knee-jerkers out in force after every game L'pool fail to win, like today's bad day at Tottenham, are not representative of most match going Reds/ Scousers in general.

He's the right and only man for us my Polish friend and we're progressing nicely under him.

How are you progressing? His Premier League record for last 12 months is slowly approaching Hodgson levels. Last year at least you were crushing the big teams. But this year you don't even have that. Win against Arsenal, draw against **** poor United, and took a hammering against City and Spurs.

I'm not saying he needs to be fired but it's about time some questions start being asked about what the **** is the guy doing. Like how the **** he didn't decapitate Migolet within a week of arriving, and he's still allowed to flapp about and cost you points, in Klopp's 3rd season?

Well said mate. Lets just sack him and go through another year or two of transition /s.

You should see Wijnaldum in those Passmaps most weeks, he's like an atom lol

scouseboombustcycle1.jpg

Sorry but it's true.

I haven't seen his Pool ones but his last Netherlands one was absolutely awful

It's frequent mate. Generally always bottom 3-4 passes/touches (keeper & CBs included) and in the Liverpool side, sometimes the least. I appreciate he has other qualities, but I can't be the only one that thinks it's ridiculous for a central midfielder

Keita won't be long benching him next summer.

Henderson/Can - Keita - Lallana/Coutinho(?) midfield, that's pretty tasty.

Last edited:
Back