The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Fixed for you.

It's interesting that he's never been sent off in his career before this season. Don't know whether it's related to him being unhappy and 'maybe' rocking the boat a bit in Leipzig or pure coincidence? There was only the Bayern cup game that was a foolish second booking for pulling a player back. His tackles aren't so much malicious as an accumulation. He makes so darn many during a game with his relentless energy he invariably get's pulled when one does get mistimed. Something he maybe needs to temper a bit over here with the **** poor standard of officiating and players want for going down easily the PL. Although that said if he does have a bit of a ******* in him that's never a bad thing. As talented as this squad is, it's fAR too nice. A lot to be said for a ******* or two in your arsenal.

Certainly not affected his overall play judging on the 3 or 4 times I've taken time out to watch him this year. Complete allrounder just as dynamic going forward as he is as a Kante like destroyer. To equate to someone you'd understand, think Pogba athletic/ rangy, but Keita can defend to go along with his attacking ability.

Superb piece of business to get him early before there was a massive scramble for his signature on a free from January 1.

Last edited:

Just because 'r big Polish mate .....

Grabara stepping up at 18 for his U-21 debut today huh to help Poland hand Denmark it's *** after 4 straight wins the group? Telling yer mate, whether it's at Anfield or elsewhere, this one looks like he's gonna' be a real solid goalie. It's the composure that stands out. Rarely makes a mistake. Even now he's firmly established as the clear 23's 'keeper. Which is almost unheard of for a young 'keeper.

You lads do breed real good 'keepers.

Last edited:
Finally, the tedium of International footie can be put to bed until March and we can get back down to the serious stuff. Although that said it was a very prosperous break. The bulk of the squad not called up affording them a week off last week raring to go the weekend in preparation for Southampton and the stretch from **** ahead. And some very beneficial minutes away for Coutinho and Mané in particular for those on International duty. Along with the continued development of the young guns. Most notably Woodburn adding his first start for Wales in his 6 caps thus far. Joe completely boxing off some pricey Brazilian fella'. And Solanke looking like he belonged in that company.

Now comes the crazy mad tet of endurance from Saturday through January 1. 13 games (11 in the league. 2 the Champions League) through 45 days. A game every 3 days that will test every squad the league to their very the limits. In retrospect, probably not a bd thing for once not being in the League Cup being as that would be another game through this stretch. And then potentially 2 more through the gruelling January period off the back of it.

And finally, bar Nathanial (good to hear his back surgery went well. February be a great boost for the run-in but no rush mate. Rather have you healthy for the next 5 years than in and out. Backs are a ***** when they go), a fully fit squad with Coutinho, Lallana and Sadio all back and raring to go. Along with Alex getting more and more up to speed by the passing week. Which through this stretch gives us a big edge to rest and rotate, and not see a drop-off. The obvious caveat of CH aside, outside of City I don't see anyone that has the same depth in midfield or attack, in particular, to change and not feel any significant drop-off. Massive difference from last year when injuries hit hard. So much for this 'perceived' poor squad even a lot of L'pool fans were narking about the summer. And with the subtle yet very noticeable change in tactics of late adding defensive solidity (just HOW many different formations did we go through last time out at West Ham? Great to be fully firing and that fluid to adapt to anything again), the scope for change tactically game-on-game with everyone healthy is a real nice bonus.

Real chance to do some serious damage and come through this gruelling test firmly ensconced the top 4 come the turn of the year. Then we'll see what the January window brings for the second half assault. (If yers want to sample the delights of one of the best City's in the World Sat'day Virgil lad to wet your appetite further, just holler at me. :P.).

Exciting times.

Gonna' be a pretty weird situation facing an opponent Sat'day who desperately craves to be playing for the team he's facing.

Hopefully, this will be the last time this ever occurs as regards ourselves and van Dijk.

Talking of CH's, I don't know if it's encouraging or not that we were in attendance watching Uruguay the other day but I sure as heck hope it was.

Any club that bags Giminez on a free would be getting a **** of a promising young defender. A young 4 of van Dijk, Giminez, Gomez and Matip (As bad as he's been all this calendar year, every bit as bad as Lovren, I'd still love to see him with real quality alongside him to not have that worry to cover for. He has shown top quality when he first arrived before getting injured) would be a heck of a strong group regardless of what was added to it the back end depth. (An experienced head like Klaven or concentrating on developing someone like Masterson etc.).

Anyway, I hope we don't just beat Southampton Saturday, but volley them all over! After Everton, Chelsea and Utd, in that order, I don't think there's one team I currently want to beat more the PL.

Had it with their low life fans and the ***** they've been slinging our way the last few years.

Anyway, I hope we don't just beat Southampton Saturday, but volley them all over! After Everton, Chelsea and Utd, in that order, I don't think there's one team I currently want to beat more the PL.

If u destroy them, would it not show that van Dijk is not that good defender and not suitable for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do u think Klopp will continue with Klavan or shake it up again at the back?

I'd imagine Lovren would return. Which would make Southampton fans even 'happier.'

They just LOVE him.

Man Southampton were really poor. Once the first went in it was just a case of how much.

Man Southampton were really poor. Once the first went in it was just a case of how much.

Thought van Dijk played well. Strong the air and quick in recovering for others the deck. Roll on January.

Not sure what was the most enjoyable today. Giving Southampton a well deserved and well overdue thumping to stay right in the mx for 2nd through 4th?. Or the ressi's walloping Everton 4 this evening the mini-Derby to extend their lead over them to 5 points the top the league?

Let's go the former and salute the signing of the last window and leave it there. Most goals through his first 12 games than any other player in Red. Ever. Beating Robbie's record no less in the process. Through 125 seasons of Liverpool football. Not half bad that Egyptian fella' huh?

Seville should be a belter of a trip to set us up nicely for the rent boys next Sat'day tea-time.

Commentator in the radio was losing his voice during the report..

I'll take the point after that mad 2nd half. Expect us to beat Spartak at home, would have been nice to finish it off tonight but it wasn't to be.

Tempted to delete Moreno from the FM database as a form of silent protest.
No need for new jerk reactions against Moreno. Poor guy just had a nightmare 10 mins after not putting a foot wrong. He has proven this season he can come back from worse setbacks.

No need for new jerk reactions against Moreno. Poor guy just had a nightmare 10 mins after not putting a foot wrong.

Saying he didn't put a foot wrong is a jerk reaction though. He wasn't even good in the 1st half, out of position several times and gifted Sevilla a 1on1 opportunity. Let's be honest here, the first two goals were both his fault. He had a real stinker of a game.

No need for new jerk reactions against Moreno. Poor guy just had a nightmare 10 mins after not putting a foot wrong. He has proven this season he can come back from worse setbacks.

1. I was being sarcastic by describing it as a silent protest. After the abuse he got two seasons ago and the **** you've seen Lovren being subjected to, I think you need to reevaluate what you consider a "jerk reaction."

2. "not putting a foot wrong" you must be joking surly? He had made many errors in the first half; almost leading to a goal that narrowly wet wide because he was drawn infield. All seasons he's been a defensive liability. I'd love to see him re-purposed as an Attacking winger since he's scintillating going forward but as a left back, he is defensively inept; his positional awareness is awful and his decisions are poor. He doesn't handle the pressure of being a defensive player well and it really shows.

1. I was being sarcastic by describing it as a silent protest. After the abuse he got two seasons ago and the **** you've seen Lovren being subjected to, I think you need to reevaluate what you consider a "jerk reaction."

2. "not putting a foot wrong" you must be joking surly? He had made many errors in the first half; almost leading to a goal that narrowly wet wide because he was drawn infield. All seasons he's been a defensive liability. I'd love to see him re-purposed as an Attacking winger since he's scintillating going forward but as a left back, he is defensively inept; his positional awareness is awful and his decisions are poor. He doesn't handle the pressure of being a defensive player well and it really shows.
I knew you were being sarcastic mate, I meant the kneejerk response towards Moreno in general. Also my bad was a tad premature of me to say he didnt put a foot wrong but he did have a good 1st half, even in the 2nd half during his nightmare 10 mins he cleared a backstick header that was about to be converted. And he hasn't been defensively inept all season, he has done very well and its expected he will be caught out during games at time considering he's attacking exploits, but for the most parts he's ventures forwards have been timed very well.

Last edited:
Back