The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Guardia civil/ the Spanish bizzies in Seville can go F themselves.

Good friend, former away supporters rep and SOS committee member on her experience/ assault at the ground being a lot more civilised than I would have been:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6508606-anna-burgess-on-trouble-she-experienced-at-the-sevilla-game

TAW's Gareth Roberts:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6508177...-anfield-wrap-on-treatment-of-fans-in-seville

Jay McKenna, SOS Chair:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6508123-jay-mckenna-on-alleged-trouble-in-sevilla

And this just sums it up:

TheFarm/PeterHooton@TheFarm_PeterFollowFollow
@TheFarm_Peter​

More

Apart from numerous stories of #LFC fans being subjected to police brutality in Seville the the most bizarre incident was @BrianReade having a book on 'football rivalries' confiscated at the turnstiles #unauthorisedbook #ThoughtPolice

4:00 am - 22 Nov 2017 From Madrid, España

Brian ReadeVerified account @BrianReadeFollowFollow
@BrianReade​

More

Brian Reade Retweeted TheFarm/PeterHooton​

True this. They took Simon Kuper’s Football Against The Enemy off me . Apt really as the Seville police definitely saw every football fan as the enemy...

6:18 am - 22 Nov 2017

More disgraceful fallout from Seville:

[FONT=&quot]Calls for FA to do more to protect fans against ‘over-zealous’ policing abroad

[/FONT]
I wonder is there any reason why English football fans are policed in that fashion?
Do they have a reputation or something?

Calls for FA to do more to protect fans against ‘over-zealous’ policing abroad

I wonder is there any reason why English football fans are policed in that fashion?
Do they have a reputation or something?

Not that, that was an issue this week, but that would be justification exactly how again?

Very poor mate.

Good to get back to thinking about the football today as I honestly couldn't have been less arsed about what happened on the pitch Tuesday after the actions of the ****, RoboCop Seville bizzies and stewards.

And the perfect game, for me anyway, to refocus on football. No secret I hate these and their low life support more than any other club. And, the Derby excepted, there's no game I want to win more every season. Perfect with the tea-time KO too. That should lead to a bouncing atmosphere with most having a good few scoops the ale the afternoon. Pity about the ugly weather as I type but such is the Country we live in.

Wouldn't change the team personally from midweek save for Milner into midfield and Lallana if he's ready to start. As braindead poor, as he was Seville, dropping Alby, would send out the completely wrong signal. (Aside from the fact Robertson can't even make the bench most weeks to add weight to the rumours on just how poor he's been in training.). And Lovren and Klaven did nottin' wrong to justify Matip coming straight back in.

A point wouldn't be a bad result but it's these so I'm expecting much more than that.

Up the 'Pool. Mighty Reds!

That midfield is non-existent. Feel for Hendo as he's so isolated both Milner and Ox are leaving him on his own. Take Milner off and replace him with Can at halftime.

Chelsea missing a key player in Lovren today. Going to be a tough game.

I hate this keeper. Seriously been letting us down for 3 plus years now.

Keeper cost us the three points with his poor footwork. Seriously did he have cement poured into his boots. Midfield was horribly mismatched, every time Chelsea broke it was only Hendo there to deal with it. Milner especially should not be played in midfield, he is horribly limited and Chambo was equally poor. Nice to see Lallana back will be a welcome addition. Overall a draw was prob a fair result but extremely disappointed that their goal was yet another keeper mistake.

Can't blame him for the wind catching a miss hit cross d. He naturally wasn't expecting that. Without it we see it out.

Second time in a week what should be a good result feels like a defeat. Frustrating.

Can't blame him for the wind catching a miss hit cross d. He naturally wasn't expecting that. Without it we see it out.

Second time in a week what should be a good result feels like a defeat. Frustrating.
Sorry Scouse its poor footwork for me, if it was a one time thing I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but Iv'e watched him for too long to know Mingo is incredibly slow at moving his feet.

Having finally seen it the telly, we'll have to agree to disagree mate. I don't know what he's supposed to do with a hopeful cross like that that carries? Shrugs.

Midfield was all wrong today. If Klopp plays Coutinho in the middle then he has to play either Can or Wiji with Hendo. Even then you would think Coutinho and co. would notice that every time Chelsea broke, hendo was getting overrun.

Midfield was all wrong today. If Klopp plays Coutinho in the middle then he has to play either Can or Wiji with Hendo. Even then you would think Coutinho and co. would notice that every time Chelsea broke, hendo was getting overrun.

Yeah. Henderson was getting dogs around me but I didn't think he had that bad a game. Milner was non-existent the middle.

Back