The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It was a sending off though mate.....

No question he should have walked. What he was doing out there F only knows but then Matip, who was woeful again all night, F-ed up to start with.

The point was when Alex was taken out, blatantly, by the elbow right in front of the leak eating *****, Hughes never moved. Yet he's narking over the Mignolet incident.

Considering the heated debate on here I was very impressed with Solanke. He linked up the play very well especially with Firmino and was unlucky not to grab a goal himself. Perhaps has played himself ahead of Sturridge as the backup to Firmino.

Dunno' mate. Forest Green and regular League One footie is the way to go as we now know from Fat Head.

Think how much further on he could be playing at that level .....

*Edit* League Two sorry. God, I agree Steve. Why the heck isn't he getting kicked from pillar to post and not seeing any of the ball there?

Last edited:
Personally, I don't see the point in signing Solanke just to loan him out immediately. It makes far more sense to sign him, integrate him into the club, gain an understanding of how it's run and Klopp's footballing philosophy. Then in 6 months to a year we can see where he's at, work out whether or not he needs to go on loan for first team football or not. But from what I've seen so far he looks to have a place in the squad.

Presume that's Can at CH?

Another 6 changes. Comfortably more than anyone this year.

With the obvious caveat of GK and CH, #nosquaddepth

Into this ***** Redmen. Give 'r mate Iam a boss day the match!

Well that was a comfortable half against a side who've not lost at home since the opening day.

Can and Wijnaldum either side of Lovren with Treant and Robbo wide in an attacking backline which is leaving Lovren to man-mark Murray and the other two to comfortably step forward into midfield. Who said Klopp wasn't tactically innovative to solve a problem?

Should have been in front on 4 minutes from a corner with Bobby missing a free header the 6-yard box. Then Can burry's a header from a corner the half hour. (Getting quite proficient at this scoring from a corner lark these Reds.). Then an absolutely sensational break between Salah, Phil and Bobby for the second a minute later. Hughton wasn't joking when he said yesterday our attack is in City form.

Here's to making the second half just as easy. Keep working hard Redmen and let's add a few more.

WTF was the penalty for?

There's nottin' on anyone? Terrible decision after another brilliant counter for the third. (After a superb save from Mignolet on just about Brighton's only chance.).

Keep working Redmen.

Superb again Redmen. And all with Sadio sitting this one out. The response since the 'Spurs debacle has been outstanding.

Brighton's biggest ever crowd. And their biggest walloping the season. And I swear down that is just about the worst penalty decision I've ever seen. Not one Red does anything. There's absolutely nottin' there. Scandalous.

2 games clear of Tottenham. With either Arsenal or (hopefully) United, or both, about to drop points. Another good Saturday.

Roll on the ***** next Sunday!

Could of been 2-1 but Migs happens to find himself in the right place at the right time and then the brilliant counter. A very soft penalty given and then it could of been 3-2 but you guys turned the scoreline into a rout.

'Soft' is an understatement.

I still don't know what he gave it for? I'm guessing it was on Henderson which is just ridiculous.

Didn't catch the game, heard Firmino was absolutely class. Ian rush regen fellas.

Hughton going out of his way again to compare our attacking play with City's which is nice to hear from the opposition.

What a brilliant day to watch football! That goes down as the 2nd biggest live win ive seen after the 6-1 at Southampton.

Is it bad I was actually complaining about our team ethic when Firmino was clean through for his Hattrick and he passed to Salah instead of shooting?

So Liverpool analysts noted how high the Brighton wall jumps. At least they're earning their £

What a brilliant day to watch football! That goes down as the 2nd biggest live win ive seen after the 6-1 at Southampton.

Is it bad I was actually complaining about our team ethic when Firmino was clean through for his Hattrick and he passed to Salah instead of shooting?
Considering Firmino has a hefty goal bonus it shows how much of a selfless player he is. Oh but he's not a finisher /s

New ground away or the blue ***** at the ground made out of wood please the Cup draw.

Doing them twice in a month their Cup Final would round out Chrimbo superbly.

I am absolutely bouncing with that Cup draw.

Derby's special at any time. But a Derby the FA Cup takes that to another level.

' ..... No trophies for 23 years, Tell yer Ma, Yer Ma ...... '

Back