The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
No need to go personally or fight here.

The point was that it was praised so much that u got him for that youngster eater Chelsea. Yeah, he might still develop into very good player and he is still young. But ultimately he needs game time, getting 10-15 mintues to play some odd games, maybe lucky to get some cup game under his belt should not be enough. Tammy has played already 900+ min in PL, thats huge for him, Solanke should also have the desire to go for loan move where he can play good minutes, not permanent move where he stays on the bench and maybe gets around 200-300 minutes from sub.

Season is long this conversation truly should be in the end of season and see how much he played. But on this pace if Stud is to stay and no injuries happens, he might lose one season of footy.
Also Woodburn is in the mix too.

Last edited:

The point was that it was praised so much that u got him for that youngster eater Chelsea. Yeah, he might still develop into very good player and he is still young. But ultimately he needs game time, getting 10-15 mintues to play some odd games, maybe lucky to get some cup game under his belt should not be enough. Tammy has played already 900+ min in PL, thats huge for him, Solanke should also have the desire to go for loan move where he can play good minutes, not permanent move where he stays on the bench and maybe gets around 200-300 minutes from sub.

Season is long this conversation truly should be in the end of season and see how much he played. But on this pace if Stud is to stay and no injuries happens, he might lose one season of footy.
Also Woodburn is in the mix too.

The point being there is no point to Bruce's bunkum.

He's not 'losing' a season of anything. He's gaining experience day in, day out being a member of the first team already. Aside from what he's gaining game-by-game being a part of every matchday squad and involved in the 18 through 18 of the 21 games L'pool have played this year. He outfought Origi this past summer to the extent he jumped ahead of him and Divock was loaned out. Yeah, let's loan Dom as well and leave us with Firmino, Sturridge and the still returning to full strength and fitness Danny Ings as the only recognised CF's for the rest of the year to satisfy Bruce's wholly misguided view that any loan and full games is a better option.

He's both had far more first-team exposure and is developing far faster than what could of been realistically expected when he was picked up on the summer. He's fixing to be a big part of Liverpool's future and at just turned 20 is coming along just fine. As is Woodburn at just turned 18.

No need to rush any of them.

Last edited:
What have you got against Australia? :P

iu

He's not 'losing' a season of anything. He's gaining experience day in, day out being a member of the first team already. Aside from what he's gaining game-by-game being a part of every matchday squad and involved in the 18 through 18 of the 21 games L'pool have played this year. He outfought Origi this past summer to the extent he jumped ahead of him and Divock was loaned out. Yeah, let's loan Dom as well and leave us with Firmino, Sturridge and the still returning to full strength and fitness Danny Ings as the only recognised CF's for the rest of the year to satisfy Bruce's wholly misguided view that any loan and full games is a better option.

He's both had far more first-team exposure and is developing far faster than what could of been realistically expected when he was picked up on the summer. He's fixing to be a big part of Liverpool's future and at just turned 20 is coming along just fine. As is Woodburn at just turned 18.

Not saying you're wrong as I've not seen him for Liverpool (that I can remember) but how can you say / know how he's developed so fast with Liverpool?

How would you think Joe?

Given he's gone from nothing at Chelsea, to an ensconced member of the first team squad at Anfield and full England International in 5 short months?

Hope you dont see me too hostile :D not my intention, just interesting subject how big club should hold or loan out players.

What about you other youngster Marko Grujić?
He is 21, has not featured that much in first team, no loan moves, how all this affects his development?
He also came in with high hopes.

How would you think Joe?

Given he's gone from nothing at Chelsea, to an ensconced member of the first team squad at Anfield and Full England International in 5 short months?

Well I can't judge his development when I hadn't seen a great deal of him at Chelsea and he's getting 3 mins vs West Ham or 15 mins vs Maribor.

15 mins as a sub in a friendly for England doesn't say a lot to be honest, not as if England have an abundance of strikers. No harm giving him a go as he'd been in loads of youth teams for England so they had some idea of his ability

Hope you dont see me too hostile :D not my intention, just interesting subject how big club should hold or loan out players.

What about you other youngster Marko Grujić?
He is 21, has not featured that much in first team, no loan moves, how all this affects his development?
He also came in with high hopes.

Aside from who he's getting in ahead of, he spent the best part of his first year here injured and is now fully regaining that fitness. Again, no rush with him. He goes out in January for 5 months? Sound. He stays and continues getting experience here and there whilst re-finding his form and fitness the 23's? equally sound. He's highly regarded so has every chance of being a member of the first team squad going forward too.

You can't just loan players anywhere. It has to be the right loan, both in terms of league and club, to what you do and where they are at in their development. Often, it's as beneficial to keep those that you are really high on at your club, teaching them day in, day out the way you want them to play within your system and way of working. Particularly at young ages where you can mould them how you want. That's the way this manager would prefer it and it will only be enhanced when the development of the Academy to encompass the first team is complete and he get's to see not only all those kids now at Melwood on a full-time basis but those below on a daily basis.

The way modern-day fans want for the next shiny thing to be playing regularly is mad more often than not. Harry Wilson for example is tearing it up the 23's for the second straight season. By general consensus the best player in that league. Which leads to many all over social media calling for him to be in the side ahead of many regular first-team players. Without seeing him up close day in, day out to know just where he's actually at and how far off or not he actually is. Stevie Gerrard's had a blistering start to 18's management. They beat City tonight, they go joint top and remain unbeaten in all competitions outside of a Youth League loss in Moscow which they've now comfortably qualified top the group from. And now you're getting calls for many of that squad to be bumped to the frigging PL. Regardless of the fact most have barely turned 16. Utter madness.

Youth development takes time and L'pool are nicely sat all ways round in that regard going forward.

Last edited:

I used to think the exact same thing about Lukaku. Why the **** does he want to move to Everton so badly. He can develop so much more by being part of the Chelsea squad and training with top players day in and day out. I even had a whole argument with Mike on here over it.

My views completely changed when I saw how rapidly he developed at Everton where he was playing regularly. Nothing more important than game time for a youngster. Look at how RLC has developed once he was sent out on loan and is playing at Palace regularly this season. 10-15 mins off the bench is not going to cut it at all.

Nothing personal. Just that if we are going to start dismissing Bruce's opinion over his poor credentials and pushing out our own opinion on optimal youth development then we better take a good look at our own credentials first.

Well, being as Chelsea showed Solanke absolutely zero pathway to the first team to have him follow the likes of Brewster to a club who do, you no longer have to worry about how his development is going or not.

Well, being as Chelsea showed Solanke absolutely zero pathway to the first team to have him follow the likes of Brewster to a club who do, you no longer have to worry about how his development is going or not.

Some profound insight into youth development right here. Definitely changing my stance after this post.

He was in the squad at Chelsea last season, least now he getting minutes but hes not getting a Massive development boost just yet. From training with a first team with 0 minutes, to training with a first team and getting a handful.

An improvement yes, but not significant.

He was in the squad at Chelsea last season, least now he getting minutes but hes not getting a Massive development boost just yet. From training with a first team with 0 minutes, to training with a first team and getting a handful.

An improvement yes, but not significant.

Incremental improvement if anything.

Not how the player himself tells it but yer know?

Oh yes, a professional player whose livelihood depends on abiding by a contract he has with a professional club will go and criticize said club in the media.

But yer know?

Keep digging. You'd send a glass eye to sleep.

It's giving the Utd fans a rest from your tedium if nottin' else.

What have I done... (Brings out popcorn)

I just had feeling that he should have gone playing for someone else after his amazing run for youth international. In the end everyone has their vision how to bring youth in. I felt that the move was bit too directed for him getting out Chelsea and receiving more game time.
Lets see how everything goes and it does not end up a bust and player not getting any game time.
Just like we had in Leeds with Bryam and Taylor, both warming the bench now, if they even get there.

But now lets enjoy some footy, come ooon (K)ane and Richarlison :)
Edit: it was not meant like this..come ooon(C)ane

Back