The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
What have I done... (Brings out popcorn)

I just had feeling that he should have gone playing for someone else after his amazing run for youth international. In the end everyone has their vision how to bring youth in. I felt that the move was bit too directed for him getting out Chelsea and receiving more game time.

He definitely has a better chance of making it at the top level with Liverpool rather than Chelsea. But if he does not even get onto the pitch often, he won't develop much.

Look at all the established U-21 players currently plying their trade at the top level like Delle Ali and Sane. The reason they are so good at such a young age is because they have been playing games regularly. No substitue for playing actual competitive games on the pitch. Steve Bruce is absolutely spot on in this regard.

**** best example would probably be Chelsea itself. Christensen and Courtois have slot straight into the first team because they had been playing regular games at the top level when out on loan. RLC spent two seasons on the bench and was rarely ever played so his development completely stalled and in a vicious cycle, managers were even more reluctant to trust him with minutes.

Just that if we are going to start dismissing Bruce's opinion over his poor credentials and pushing out our own opinion on optimal youth development then we better take a good look at our own credentials first.

Sure the majority of forum posters would walk into any top side and turn them into champions for at least a decade ;)
Again... You make a very good point.
I'll be sending you a Christmas card.

In the 20's and shorts and sunnies last week in Seville.

Forcast to be freezing so extra layers a week on in Stoke.

God I hate this Country. Remind me again why I do this?

At least the bizzies be friendlier and more welcoming/ helpful this week.

I reckon that Solanke fella' should of gone Forest Green like Fat Head suggested.

Screw this his playing for England and starting the PL bollocks!

Last edited:
All Hail the Sand Messi! 9 goals in 4 games! Wow

Have to say fair play to Salah what a fantastic player he has become! Didn’t look even half this good at Chelsea when he actually managed to get on the pitch.

Signing of the season so far, not even close

Called it July when everyone was mocking him being 'rapid.' (H)

Ridiculously great start. Honestly, the fella' could happily play as a #9 and be highly effective doing it. His instinct to be in the right place at the right time ..... He's missed some real good chances early this year but he's always in the right place at the right time to get the chance. And equally effective as a winger. Not that we really play them ostensibly as wingers. Both Salah and Mané are more narrow inside forwards who are as comfortable going outside as they are coming into the box. Why both score so many. And both work so hard defensively too. Mo keeps up this pace he'll be on course for Suarez-esq year.

Mad to think when Keita arrives, we'll have arguably three of the best 4 players from Africa. Aubameyang aside maybe?

Shoutout to Chamberlain too tonight talking wide men. Very unlucky to be subbed out. Had another real good game both ends the park. Looks a completely different player to the one stifled in his progression under Wenger going backwards the last few years the more he works in training understanding what we do and learning the role in this system.

Called it July when everyone was mocking him being 'rapid.' (H).....

Because there was a spell in the summer you were watching highlight vids, w*****g off to them, and posting superlatives about his speed on here every second page lol. Mainly 'RAPID' though. Recall 'THAT PACE KILLS' too lol

I never doubted he'd be a good signing. Didn't quite think he would've adapted to the PL this quick, but I recall defending him here on one of these threads during the summer when you were heavily linked, and there was one or two a little dismissive of him. Think it was mainly to do with Serie A, people dismissing the competitiveness of it

FWIW, I think Serie A has came on leaps and bounds in the last few years (particularly this season seems a big step) and isn't as risky a market to dip into as they say.

Reckon your Dybala's, Mertens', Icardi's, Insigne's, Hamsiks', Nainggolan's, Perisic's etc who boss things there, would walk into the PL like they've played here all their life, like Salah.

Last edited:
Behave with the W-off mate. I'm not a teenager.

He's rapid. Is what it is. Didn't think anyone could be faster than Mané but he even burns him. His speed in Italy certainly wasn't deceptive.

Only as young as you feel, Scouse.

I have a hunch Sane's as quick, would love to see them go at it over 100M

BTW, why didn't the Belgium buffoon walk anyone? The double jeopardy thing?

And the Stoke fella' who took out Alex the touchline in front of Useless?

Or was both Atkinson just being Atkinson?

So I can't sleep and just watched MOTD.

The frigging gall of Useless to nark over the non-sending off. The two faced ***** never moved a muscle when Chamberlain was blatantly elbowed off the ball right in front of him. But Stoke were hard done to?

Do one bollocks!

So I can't sleep and just watched MOTD.

The frigging gall of Useless to nark over the non-sending off. The two faced ***** never moved a muscle when Chamberlain was blatantly elbowed off the ball right in front of him. But Stoke were hard done to?

Do one bollocks!

It was a sending off though mate. Been arguing with a mate who says it wasn't but the new rules dont apply outside the box when your the last man. Yet again Mingo doing his best to give the game away. The funny thing is Gomez would have got back so I dont understand why he came flyin out he just helped Diouf just make up his mind . Same with the goal Kane scored against us in the spurs game. Does he ever learn. Klopps stubbornness over the keeper situation is going to be his downfall if he isnt careful.

Considering the heated debate on here I was very impressed with Solanke. He linked up the play very well especially with Firmino and was unlucky not to grab a goal himself. Perhaps has played himself ahead of Sturridge as the backup to Firmino.

Back