The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
As Mike said and i also mentioned above. We will fight for top 4 next season and build on that. All the big teams have been poor this season. There will be a spending spree this summer by United,Chelsea,City and Liverpool. I think that will be the top 4 next season. Wenger wont spend big and they will suffer next season.
Kenny may be ssixty but thats not too old for a top manager. Look at Ferguson,Trapatonni and Bobby Robson stayed in management until he was 70 aswell. So if thats the case Kenny could stay for ten years. I doubt he will as once we have a good enough squad we will get a young talented manager to take over. Id be thinking along the lines of Carra shadowing Kenny in the next few years and moving into the dugout. Its all about bringing the bootroom back.
I only want somebody who knows what the fans expect and who knowss the club inside out.

Looks like Liverpool could be in Europe next season as Tottenham are 3 points ahead and we still have to play them.
Hopefully we can beat Tottenham as Europe is part of this clubs history and not being in it wouldnt be right.

Just thought I'd share this website:

Liverpool FC Transfer Gossip

I'm sure some of you are already on there, but it's a new LFC page that A LOT of in-the-knows seem to be coming onto. The link I posted is only for the Transfer Speculation part of the website, the most popular section :P The best source there seems to be YDaphus, who is also on Twitter under the same name.

Also, I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a list of people on Twitter that are good and reliable to follow regarding LFC transfer speculation.

its true that having kenny right now is the right option. however he is sixty, and i cant see him staying more than three seasons at the absolute maximum. since technically we are still rebuilding i believe we should have someone who can be at the club for the long haul. "vb" is unbeaten in his first season at porto and well on his way to the europa league final. you may also remember that mourinho won the league in his first season at chelsea...

The Portuguese league is poor compared with the Premiership, or any of the top international leagues. Now if Villas Boas had a similar record in the Bundesliga for example...

I'm not convinced that VB is in Mourinho's class....yet. He may be an option in another season or two. KK is right for this club - NOW.
Kenny has a lot of time to make up in the management stakes as he's been on the 'outside' for a while now, though you wouldn't know it, so he's coming back into the game relatively fresh. Besides if that geriatric whiskey nose can do it.....

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Haha thats priceless,pity theres nobody singing it :)

I agree with most of what you say. Wouldnt like to see Villas Boas here yet as Kenny has the players support and are performing at the top of their game with him. Maybe in the future but not yet. Dont want to say we can challenge for the league yet as the players dont need that kind of pressure. If we finish in the top 4 within 7-8 points of the winners that would be a sucessful season in my opinion and we could build on that.

Well definitely maybe. Champions might be a bit much to ask for thinking about it. When you have a possible influx of up to five new first teamers coming in this summer, it may well take them time to gel & we'd have to hit the ground running to have a good go at it.

Sometimes I forget that this is real life & not FM 2011.

Andy Carroll just gone into the Newcastle dressing room for a quick catch up with his old teammates #lfc #nufc No idea if he is playing yet.

3-0.

Sweet.

'Arry's running out of games & he's eating our dust now.

Hoo-ha !

3-0.

Sweet.

'Arry's running out of games & he's eating our dust now.

Hoo-ha !

5th is in our hands now. Once wee dont mess up we will rub Harrys nose in it.
Bring on next season.

Has anybody else heard of James McCarthy being linked with us? Its on most of the Irish newspapers. Hope this is true as he is a cracking young player :)

5th is in our hands now. Once wee dont mess up we will rub Harrys nose in it.
Bring on next season.

Has anybody else heard of James McCarthy being linked with us? Its on most of the Irish newspapers. Hope this is true as he is a cracking young player :)

Wouldn't it be gr8 to be the proverbial fly on the wall during a meeting between Kenny & Comolli as they discuss their transfer targets ?

Wouldn't it be gr8 to be the proverbial fly on the wall during a meeting between Kenny & Comolli as they discuss their transfer targets ?

Sure would,seems like the paper are linking us with just about everybody lately. ..

From an 'insider' on Twitter. I hear that we are making bids soon for Phil Jones. Baines. Hazard. Matuidi. Nzogbia. Cahill. Adam. Young. Obvs all won't be coming but i wouldn't post this if it was news paper ballox. Would prefer M'Vila and Moussa Sissoko over Matuidi but he is meant to be a very good young player. Of course i would like Sanchez aswell but Udinese want silly money. Hazard agent apparently pushing for move to Arsenal though :(
O yeah, we had a (£10M) bid for Baines rejected and Lukaku (17M Euro) also rejected. Baines has some evidence as Moyes came out and said it won't happen. Lukaku was in the Belgian press but is meant to be true and Anderlecht holding out for 20M Euros

Guys don't shoot the messenger, this is only what i have heard from a guy who is in the know.

Just thought i will let you know but i personally won't believe it until they put on a Red Shirt...

From an 'insider' on Twitter. I hear that we are making bids soon for Phil Jones. Baines. Hazard. Matuidi. Nzogbia. Cahill. Adam. Young. Obvs all won't be coming but i wouldn't post this if it was news paper ballox. Would prefer M'Vila and Moussa Sissoko over Matuidi but he is meant to be a very good young player. Of course i would like Sanchez aswell but Udinese want silly money. Hazard agent apparently pushing for move to Arsenal though :(
O yeah, we had a (£10M) bid for Baines rejected and Lukaku (17M Euro) also rejected. Baines has some evidence as Moyes came out and said it won't happen. Lukaku was in the Belgian press but is meant to be true and Anderlecht holding out for 20M Euros

Guys don't shoot the messenger, this is only what i have heard from a guy who is in the know.

Just thought i will let you know but i personally won't believe it until they put on a Red Shirt...

Phil Jones definately.

Out of all those id like us to get Jones,Baines,Hazard and Adam.
Failling that Lukaku, Sanchez and Cahill would also be sweet. Need a backup GK aswell as i heard before that Brad Jones isnt happy...

namski, can I ask who the Twitter source is? I'm desperately looking for as many LFC ITKs as I can on Twitter so I know all the rumours :P

Out of all those id like us to get Jones,Baines,Hazard and Adam.
Failling that Lukaku, Sanchez and Cahill would also be sweet. Need a backup GK aswell as i heard before that Brad Jones isnt happy...

Regret to say that Sanchez will follow CL football. We don't really need another forward surely - we have Carroll, Suarez & Kuyt. Any cash designated for a Lukaku bid would best be used to reinforce positions where we are weak - namely LB, CB, RW, LW & a Stevie replacement. Thats a lot of cash needed; imo a forward is not a prioritory.

Last edited:
Regret to say that Sanchez will follow CL football. We don't really need another forward surely - we have Carroll, Suarez & Kuyt. Any cash designated for a Lukaku bid would best be used to reinforce positions where we are weak - namely LB, CB, RW, LW & a Stevie replacement. Thats a lot of cash needed; imo a forward is not a prioritory.

I've read that it is still the plan to get a direct replacement for Torres in the summer - we were apparently always planning on getting Carroll and obviously Suarez to partner Torres, but our original bid for Carroll wasn't enough. So yeh, main forwards we're being rumoured with are Lukaku, Benzema and Aguero. Anderlecht want 20m euros for Lukaku though, which is pricey for a teenager.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

In other news, Sami Hyypia has announced his retirement from football today - a true Kop hero, YNWA

Someone mentioned YDaphus, defo a reliable source who seems as though he is in the know.

CalumE5, here are some people to follow regarding LFC transfers...

Twitter << Reports on what the Papers are saying regarding Transfers
Twitter << The knowledge this guy has is amazing. I swere down he is a scout. He defo is 'ITK'
Twitter <<< Very reliable, knows a lot... I also think he is 'ITK'
Twitter << LFC fan who reported on Lukaku

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Take a look guys. I really hope we do get some quality in the summer and challenge for the Prem next season!!

Anybody else noticing how we are changing our commercial image lately?
Just seen this on the official website:
LeBron James wears Liverpool shirt in press conference.
I think this is great getting a major American sports star involved with the club as it can only help bring in more revenue and exploitation. In truth no European team has 'broke' in to America yet and i have a hope we will be the first.
Also we have been looking at Honda and Kagawa to increse our profile in Japan. We seem to have struck gold with our current board set up as they realise the improtance of gaining new markets.

Back