The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
A stronger side against the 'mighty' West ******* Brom than Everton. Something SERIOUSLY F-ed up with that.

View attachment 1137893
**** all it did. They were awful, playing pedestrian fotty for 70 odd minutes. ****** ref was horrible again kept calling every little 50/50 let the game flow ffs. Even the Solanke goal was harsh to pull up, bounced off his chest then flicked his hand.

Burn out I think. Can't believe I'm actually defending Liverpool here, but he had players approaching the red zone in terms of fitness and they were rested.

He's made a whopping 65 changes and counting this season to combat that. If they were something's seriously wrong.

Horrible night to be watching football. Rain and a mad wind that was affecting a lot of the play. And a pretty horrid game to sit through. On and off the park as if hadn't been that cold you could of gone a kip the Kop again. Which is happening far too often. (Hands up guilty as I barely moved a muscle tonight either.). Collective off-day by just about everyone. Didn't help West Brom having 9 back at all times, along with the wind. But that's for us to combat and nobody turned up tonight. (With the exception of Karius who's getting better the more confidence he gains from playing.).

All that said, and as utterly P off as I and most everyone I know was with Klopp Sunday for the starting XI (oh how we miss that momentum that was there going into the Derby now. Sighs), and as wretchedly poor as L'pool were tonight; the anger this evening is all on the officials. Wasn't sure why the goal had been disallowed the match. Even more so after the ref initially gave it then bizarrely decided to change his mind. Having seen it again, that was atrocious officiating. In no reality can that be classed as intentional handball. And if it's not intentional, it can't be given. Ultimately it's robbed young Dom Solanke of his first goal for the club and L'pool two crucial points.

Frustrating isn't the word. One of them as regards the players having an off day. That happens and they've been due the run they've been on since Tottenham. Frustration at another VERY costly officiating mistake.

That said, still just 4 points outside of third. Onto Bournemouth.

He's made a whopping 65 changes and counting this season to combat that. If they were something's seriously wrong.

Horrible night to be watching football. Rain and a mad wind that was affecting a lot of the play. And a pretty horrid game to sit through. On and off the park as if hadn't been that cold you could of gone a kip the Kop again. Which is happening far too often. (Hands up guilty as I barely moved a muscle tonight either.). Collective off-day by just about everyone. Didn't help West Brom having 9 back at all times, along with the wind. But that's for us to combat and nobody turned up tonight. (With the exception of Karius who's getting better the more confidence he gains from playing.).

All that said, and as utterly P off as I and most everyone I know was with Klopp Sunday for the starting XI (oh how we miss that momentum that was there going into the Derby now. Sighs), and as wretchedly poor as L'pool were tonight; the anger this evening is all on the officials. Wasn't sure why the goal had been disallowed the match. Even more so after the ref initially gave it then bizarrely decided to change his mind. Having seen it again, that was atrocious officiating. In no reality can that be classed as intentional handball. And if it's not intentional, it can't be given. Ultimately it's robbed young Dom Solanke of his first goal for the club and L'pool two crucial points.

Frustrating isn't the word. One of them as regards the players having an off day. That happens and they've been due the run they've been on since Tottenham. Frustration at another VERY costly officiating mistake.

That said, still just 4 points outside of third. Onto Bournemouth.

He also plays incredibly high tempo football, and nothing else. At dortmund, they'd be heading for a winter break. Here we're playing 9/10 games. It's so real surprise that its about now you often become a bit unstuck

Yeah, I get and appreciate why he's doing it. (Although our running/ pressing has dropped a fair bit this year to the lowest his 2 and a bit years to do. Definitely by design the way we've approached quite a few games.). He's just overdoing it. And the ONE game you DON'T F around with the side is the one game that means more to anyone here than any other. The Derby. Even Rafa, the arch rotator who flipped the side like it was going out of fashion, knew FAR better than tp go weak against Everton and never did. (Or Utd for that matter.).

There's rotating. And there's 'over rotating.'

Aside from insulting everyone by going weak the biggest game of this or any other season, last Sunday was just that. At least three changes too many. Compounded by taking the most in-form player the league, Salah, off at 1-0 with a quarter of the game left through which we'd forced next to nottin' out of Pickford despite all the possession. Just what the heck are we saving him for? (As for his bollocks about Mo having a tight hammy ..... Then rolling him out the full 90 3 days later ..... ). Read a great point the other day giving the analogy of the North London Derby and Tottenham up 1-0 with a quarter of the game to go. Does Harry Kane then get hooked? (Rhetorical. As we know he doesn't.).

You know exactly what fat lad's gonna' do Everton. The only way he knows. To sit deep and frustrate. Yet you don't play your most creative player to help break them down? Oxlade-Chamberlain starts and plays well. Never played a second against Spartak. Fresher than most any attacking player. Yet he get's pulled. It wouldn't have made it right by any stretch of the imagination, but you could of understood it more if he hadn't had Coutinho, Mané and Salah play the full game against Moscow. Along with Firmino over three-quarters of it. A game that was, to all intents and purpose, won after 18 minutes at 3-0!

I seriously don't get that and it still rankles with most everyone I know. He obviously understands the importance of Everton to the City so it can't be that. He talks lovingly about Derbies and the fan passion in them. I don't know if it was just an arrogance that we can roll these with whatever or what but it lost all momentum from Brighton (another game he barely changed with the game done 3 minutes into the second half) and Moscow. Worst Everton side I've ever seen at Anfield who were there for the taking 3 or 4. I dread to think what side he's planning on putting out the Cup January!

No real problem at all with him rotating and keeping everyone fresh through this mad month. (Although 5/6 changes a game is past excessive.). The squads the strongest it's been since probably Houllier's second treble winners back 2001. The problem comes with how many and, more pertinently, just when you chose to do it. Everton and all the Derby means was NOT that game. The changes recently should have been leading up to going full strength against Everton. Not a stronger side verses West frigging Brom!

I love the fella' and wouldn't want anyone else in World football leading us personally. But he needs to wise up on certain games and quick. If anyone takes the blame for last Sunday, and the roll on to lost momentum West Brom, it's the manager.

When we're on it there's no better attacking side in Europe. And with the additions of Keita and van Dijk adding leadership and solidity the middle back, we're fixing to be a real challenger going forward the more this side develops.

Superb half Reds. Magical goal from Phil after he was dead unlucky the free-kick against the post. Same Mo's third who now has equalled Danny's record:

James PearceVerified account @JamesPearceEcho
FollowFollow
@JamesPearceEcho​

More

If Mo Salah scores today he will equal Daniel Sturridge‘s achievement of getting to 20 goals for #LFC in just 26 appearances. Only George Allan (19 matches) in 1895 has reached that milestone quicker.​

4:45 am - 17 Dec 2017

de Bruyne has SERIOUS competition for the player the year. Signing the season and then some.

Could and should be up 5 or 6- 1 the break. Defoe was unlucky hitting the post.

Keep working Reds. Full 90 this year unlike the 75 last!

Absolutely superb Redmen. Only downside is it didn't have the 7 or 8 it deserved.

Same again Friday.

Absolutely superb Redmen. Only downside is it didn't have the 7 or 8 it deserved.

Same again Friday.
Motm to every Redmen on the pitch today apart from Wiji. Been really, really disappointed with him this season I thought he would kick on after a great first season but he seems to just shirk responsibility constantly, even saw Klopp one time shouting at him to move the ball on quicker.

Last edited:
Motm to every Redmen on the pitch today apart from Wiji. Been really, really disappointed with him this season I thought he would kick on after a great first season but he seems to just shirk responsibility constantly, even saw Klopp want time shouting at him to move the ball on quicker.

He is in quite the funk from the tremendous influence he was last year huh? And people seriously questioned the Chamberlain pick-up to add to those midifeld/ attacking options.

He's looking better and better with each passing game the more he settles and learns what's expected under him in this system. Terrifically unlucky to web the post after he robbed the fella' the great tattle. Really, really like him. Totally stagnated under Wenger at Arsenal. Now getting the coaching he should already have had to this point.

Your boy Bobby now has the second most goals in a season his career BTW. And most for us his three years here.

He is in quite the funk from the tremendous influence he was last year huh? And people seriously questioned the Chamberlain pick-up to add to those midifeld/ attacking options.

He's looking better and better with each passing game the more he settles and learns what's expected under him in this system. Terrifically unlucky to web the post after he robbed the fella' the great tattle. Really, really like him. Totally stagnated under Wenger at Arsenal. Now getting the coaching he should already have had to this point.

Your boy Bobby now has the second most goals in a season his career BTW. And most for us his three years here.
I bet Chambo is raring to go against Arsenal on Friday, early days but I'm glad I got it wrong thought we overpaid but he is slowly but surely making a case for himself in midfield ahead of Wiji and Can. What can I say about Bobby that hasn't been said already he is my improved tremendously this season in front of goal. Special mention to Hendo who was my motm after Chambo controlled the tempo all game in the middle of the park.

Oh crud. Lol. I honestly forgot you didn't want him either.

I wasn't narking at you there man.

And whilst it's still on my mind, no way should Matip walk back into that back-line once he's fit again.

Both Klaven and Lovren been playing really well in the main since the Tottenham debacle.

Back