The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
If you wanted a game that showed what both teams are in a nutshell, this couldnt be showing it anymore

Conceeded 2 less than Swansea as it stands i think.

I know its funny looking at it now. However we tightend up the defence the past 9 games bar this game and we have been solid. It seems when we do ship goals it is by the plenty 3 at arsenal and 4 at spurs and city. Apart from Gomez error which he will learn from, the rest of the goals were the non confidence spreading from Mignolet. Keeper is truly the achilles heel for Klopp.

I know its funny looking at it now. However we tightend up the defence the past 9 games bar this game and we have been solid. It seems when we do ship goals it is by the plenty 3 at arsenal and 4 at spurs and city. Apart from Gomez error which he will learn from, the rest of the goals were the non confidence spreading from Mignolet. Keeper is truly the achilles heel for Klopp.

5 of those were/are in the bottom 6 at the time, not including Everton.

Mings was back to his usual self tonight. 4 windows Klopp could have got quality in to replace him. Cech was no better.

5 of those were/are in the bottom 6 at the time, not including Everton.

Mings was back to his usual self tonight. 4 windows Klopp could have got quality in to replace him. Cech was no better.
There is quality and he has shown some of it this season but unfortunately he is on the bench.

You honestly thought we defended poorly there? Even taking account that mad 5 minutes? The two centre-halves were great all game. Gomez, the first goal aside (and I blame Mignolet as much there as Joe for not screaming out the danger of Sanchez on his blindside) had a good game. Good, if costly tonight, learning experience for Joe that you can't switch off for even a second back there. Robertson played well.

15 shots on target this side has allowed now the last 10 league games since the Tottenham debacle. They'd not conceded a goal from open play for 7 games before tonight. And at that only 2 penalties. Doubtless, they'll get ripped the media but the defensive side of things isn't half the problem many insinuate after crazy games like tonight.

Mad night. You're coming out of the ground there thinking your defenders have all played real well. But then there's the buffoon behind them ..... Can't legislate for him throwing the game away.

Conceeded 2 less than Swansea as it stands i think.

Yeah, the context there is 15 of those 23 goals come over 4 games against Watford, City, Tottenham and Arsenal.

Watford was opening day, and included a goal that should never of stood. So there is that. As shambolic as it was. City you can ignore straight off the bounce as that ceased being a game when John Moss decided to intervein. Tottenham is the one real shocker where L'pool were horrid from front to back. And tonight the goalkeeper is at fault ******* awfully for two of the goals.

3 games aside that goals against record doesn't look too shabby. 8 of the other 16 garnered clean sheets.

The goals against in isolation is very misleading.

Well that was a mad evening. L'pool, by far and away streets the better football side, thrash Arsenal 3-3. Which is frustrating as all heck that they got a point out of it they scarcely deserved. Showed great character to come back from 3-2 down when most sides would have totally capitulated having that mad 5 minutes were 2-0 flipped to 3-2 through the absolute brain-dead **** in nets.

I really don't know what you make of that?

Some of the attacking football, at that pace, was absolutely sensational. City aside, there's no bigger side on the cusp of dominating going forward than this L'pool team. Sort the 'keeper, added to Keita and van Dijk, and they're as big a threat as anyone. But that's tempered tonight by the frustration of that mad 5 minutes of individual mistakes. Mainly emanating from a Belgium persuasion.

I'm trying to be ******. 3 out of the 4 of us down overnight still are. But I've just seen L'pool go to a top 6 side and look head and shoulders on a different planet to them as a football side who should have been 5 or 6 clear before the goalkeeper intervened. (Yeah Sadio, mainly looking at you here lad. Need to get your head out of your **** and quick as your form and decision making lately has been abysmal.).

Again, I seriously don't know what to make of that .....

Disappointment at Arsenal being thrashed 3-3 yet L'pool still finding a way to give them 2 of our points.

Pride at the character shown to come back from that strongly when most sides would of let them take all 3.

Enthused at L'pool going to a top 6 rival and showing a massive gulf in class in their favour for the majority.

Happy at being the top 4 at half-way but frustrated that it should be a lot better with fewer draws like the mad one tonight.

And still buzzing from an absolutely exhilarating 90 minutes of togger where it doesn't get much better.

Real strange set of emotions.

If Stevenage- Chesterfield tomorrow (Ground #77 of the current 92) is half as good a game as that, this will of been 1 heck of a weekends top footie action.

Up the Great Red Entertainers!

Last edited:
There is quality and he has shown some of it this season but unfortunately he is on the bench.

Frustratingly, I don't expect to see anything other than Mignolet retaining his place Boxing Day.

But the end is surely nearing. He's patently been looking for a way to get Karius in the team through the CL 2 keeper bollocks.

Mignolet is fast opening up that opportunity for him again.

Frustratingly, I don't expect to see anything other than Mignolet retaining his place Boxing Day.

But the end is surely nearing. He's patently been looking for a way to get Karius in the team through the CL 2 keeper bollocks.

Mignolet is fast opening up that opportunity for him again.
It made me mad and then fecking sad that we have had Mingo as our starting keeper for 5 ****** seasons now 5!!!. Its like a boom bust cycle with him. He has a howler people call for him to be dropped, he picks up his performances then its on to the next howler. Madness.

It made me mad and then fecking sad that we have had Mingo as our starting keeper for 5 ****** seasons now 5!!!. Its like a boom bust cycle with him. He has a howler people call for him to be dropped, he picks up his performances then its on to the next howler. Madness.

Key difference.

Put him behind Chelsea, City, United, ..... ****, as poor and utterly defensive as they are, let's include Burnley as they have one of the better goals against records, defence and the difference would be stark.

That falls on successive managers. Currently the mad German.

You honestly thought we defended poorly there? Even taking account that mad 5 minutes? The two centre-halves were great all game. Gomez, the first goal aside (and I blame Mignolet as much there as Joe for not screaming out the danger of Sanchez on his blindside) had a good game. Good, if costly tonight, learning experience for Joe that you can't switch off for even a second back there. Robertson played well.

15 shots on target this side has allowed now the last 10 league games since the Tottenham debacle. They'd not conceded a goal from open play for 7 games before tonight. And at that only 2 penalties. Doubtless, they'll get ripped the media but the defensive side of things isn't half the problem many insinuate after crazy games like tonight.

Mad night. You're coming out of the ground there thinking your defenders have all played real well. But then there's the buffoon behind them ..... Can't legislate for him throwing the game away.

A goalkeeper is part of a defence and he had a poor day, also a mistake leading to a goal and not closing down a guy known for having a powerful long range shot on him isn't the best. So yeah overall I would call it not a good day for them, their job is to keep out goals and they failed.

Watford was opening day, and included a goal that should never of stood. So there is that. As shambolic as it was. City you can ignore straight off the bounce as that ceased being a game when John Moss decided to intervein. Tottenham is the one real shocker where L'pool were horrid from front to back. And tonight the goalkeeper is at fault ******* awfully for two of the goals.

The watford goal is fine the ball isn't going forward until it hits a liverpool player and you can't be offside if the ball isn't being played forwards, also a keeper's mistake shows up in the final score like every other type of goal its not better to be conceding them like that

Key difference.

Put him behind Chelsea, City, United, ..... ****, as poor and utterly defensive as they are, let's include Burnley as they have one of the better goals against records, defence and the difference would be stark.

That falls on successive managers. Currently the mad German.

Burnley were still able to get good defensive displays with Nick Pope who played 0 games last season and was playing in League 2 in 2015 and yet they kept up a very good defensive season despite a keeper who is almost certainly worse than Mingolet starting and can't have inspired much faith in his team mates at the beginning of his run

Back