The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yeah. You watch more Euro footy than me. Thoughts on:-

Fred - Shakthar
Skrinier - Inter Milan
City linked I take it :) 2 very good players. Skranier really can on a lot this year. Bit of Bailly about him tough as in the tackle but cool and composed on the ball. And Fred is an odd one. Been good for a few seasons and surprised he’s still stayed at Shakthar. Very good technique and and decent dribbler. Loves to get forward from either CM or AM. Be a good option to give KDB a rotation option.

City linked I take it :) 2 very good players. Skranier really can on a lot this year. Bit of Bailly about him tough as in the tackle but cool and composed on the ball. And Fred is an odd one. Been good for a few seasons and surprised he’s still stayed at Shakthar. Very good technique and and decent dribbler. Loves to get forward from either CM or AM. Be a good option to give KDB a rotation option.

Skrinier seems fav to be the cb coming in Jan, Fred next summer for yaya's position in the squad

VVD is probably better than anything we have but all of his best football came alongside Fonte at Southampton, VVD was injured in January and Fonte was sold. VVD has shown little to no desire or professionalism this season, let alone form, and last time we signed Fonte's good-looking partner, his name was Dejan Lovren.

For 70m I'm far more worried than excited, especially after a year's worth of build up

VVD is probably better than anything we have but all of his best football came alongside Fonte at Southampton, VVD was injured in January and Fonte was sold. VVD has shown little to no desire or professionalism this season, let alone form, and last time we signed Fonte's good-looking partner, his name was Dejan Lovren.

For 70m I'm far more worried than excited, especially after a year's worth of build up

Exactly. He's been so average. Either he can't get his form together, or he's so unprofessional he won't. Neither scenario is a good one for Liverpool. Klopp isn't exactly great at coaching defenders

Even he appears to admitting defeat from his bullishness the summer now:

• JMK1@KelveyQB1
    20hMore

@mattletiss7 Liverpool fan but just wanted to say Merry Christmas. You get a lot of ***** for being a fan of your club. You were a great player for YOUR team, something we'd all have loved to do. Still hope we get VVD obviously
Matt Le TissierVerified account @mattletiss7FollowFollow
@mattletiss7​

More

Replying to @KelveyQB1
Thanks and you probably will! Happy Christmas
1f384.png

9:09 am - 24 Dec 2017

Even he appears to admitting defeat from his bullishness the summer now:

• JMK1@KelveyQB1
    20hMore

@mattletiss7 Liverpool fan but just wanted to say Merry Christmas. You get a lot of ***** for being a fan of your club. You were a great player for YOUR team, something we'd all have loved to do. Still hope we get VVD obviously
Matt Le TissierVerified account @mattletiss7FollowFollow
@mattletiss7​

More

Replying to @KelveyQB1
Thanks and you probably will! Happy Christmas
1f384.png

9:09 am - 24 Dec 2017

Given VVD hasn't regained any real form, might as well reinvest that 70m. Largely because City are chasing Evans. Which is equally as mad. VVDs leadership has also been non existent.

On the other hand, Liverpools has as well...

Given VVD hasn't regained any real form, might as well reinvest that 70m. Largely because City are chasing Evans. Which is equally as mad. VVDs leadership has also been non existent.

On the other hand, Liverpools has as well...

Skrinier seems fav to come in for us, in the more local press anyway. Some majors are still pushing the Evans angle.

Skriniar won't come cheap, he's been just about Inter's best player this season aside from Icardi, and they only signed him last window

Skriniar won't come cheap, he's been just about Inter's best player this season aside from Icardi, and they only signed him last window

45mil seems the average on rumours taken in, bout standard for a defender for us.

van Dijk not included in Southampton's 18 again.

A good start to the day. I'm liking those apples.

van Dijk not included in Southampton's 18 again.

A good start to the day. I'm liking those apples.

Going off this season, he won't be missed much. Southampton should bite either yours or City's hands off for 70M and sign a difference maker + a competent replacement.

Last edited:
Meh, Ducker was just click baiting last night.

How he reasons City are favourites for a 'third choice centre-half' who isn't interested in joining them to start with is anyone's guess?

Only seen him the once this year and he was Southampton's best player at Anfield and showed everything that fits perfectly into how we play our centre-half's so that'll do me sound. Him not being arsed, although not right, and looking as bad as everyone else in a real poor Southampton side under a manager the fans want gone already when he's not wanted to be there since last year, doesn't concern me personally in the slightest.

They shouldn't have been so stubborn the summer when there was only ever going to be one possible outcome and it wouldn't of cost them the drop in money it now more than likely will.

I'd say they should still bite the hands off. They could easily replace him, defending more systematic than anything (obviously they need to be competent, non error prone personal). I mean, did Burnley even replace Keane? Or just promote some bench warmer? Literally wouldn't miss him gone, because it's about Dyche's system, like Smalling looking like Maldini under LVG.

They should take 60-70M, spend 20 or whatever on a competent CB, and the rest on some firepower. Lack goals these days, Tadic is a match winner on his day but too inconsistent, could upgrade on him easy with 40M or whatever's left over. Or maybe someone more creative than Davis in that 8/10 role.

Last edited:
Oh no question they should sell. They should of sold the summer. Not like they didn't know from before the end the previous yer he wanted out. They signed his replacement didn't they in Hoedt and the young Polish kid?

It's someone to replace the likes of the woeful Long to score they desperately need. Although getting anyone in January of much worth is hard enough without needing goals.

Southampton have made a messy situation for themselves.

Back