The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Its Liverpool, when u hear they conceded everyone natural react is blaming their defense, even if not the case...

I think I have mentioned it earlier this season or even last, but so many goals have started from midfield. The space Arsenal had in mid, no one closing down and letting them pass and run. Hendo loss was big, but even he cant shield and control the mid so well. Ox money should have spent on some workhorse mid and rotate his spot with Solanke and Wilson or even Kent.

Fact of the day:
Since Klopp took charge, Liverpool have lost 43 points in the league from winning positions. The most of any team in Europe

Burnley were still able to get good defensive displays with Nick Pope who played 0 games last season and was playing in League 2 in 2015 and yet they kept up a very good defensive season despite a keeper who is almost certainly worse than Mingolet starting and can't have inspired much faith in his team mates at the beginning of his run

Claiming there was nottin' wrong with the Watford third was jaw-dropping enough, but to then follow it with the bolded .....

To be kind would be to say you're not watching either. To be truthful would be that agenda is well and truly set.

Its Liverpool, when u hear they conceded everyone natural react is blaming their defense, even if not the case...

Talking of set agenda's, there's one in glorious technicolour.

Exactly the point about media perception. Repeat it enough times, it sticks in the conciseness.

Even at 2-1 we had control. Keeper is the one position that breeds confidence in the team, especially defensively. When you have no faith in your GK of course its going to cause jitteriness in the whole side, last night shows that. Arsenal battered Utd yet lost due to De gea. We batter Arsenal but drop two points because of our GK. Hmmm.

Didn't realize De Gea scored a hat trick away to the Emirates :P

Didn't realize De Gea scored a hat trick away to the Emirates :P

You mightve won 3-1 but Arsenal were on top during a crucial period in the game that could and should have levelled the score. However your keeper kept you in the game but ours during 10 mins of madness lets 3 shots fly past him, and bare in mind Arsenal only had 4 shots on target the whole ****** game. I feel like I'm going mad here watching Mignolet **** up even the basics of what to do as a GK.

"Jurgen Klopp & Liverpool have dropped 43 points from winning positions since the German Manager joined the club, which is more points dropped than any other club in Europe."

You mightve won 3-1 but Arsenal were on top during a crucial period in the game that could and should have levelled the score. However your keeper kept you in the game but ours during 10 mins of madness lets 3 shots fly past him, and bare in mind Arsenal only had 4 shots on target the whole ****** game. I feel like I'm going mad here watching Mignolet **** up even the basics of what to do as a GK.
Yeah, Arsenal were the true winner that game. A moral winner. Thats what matters :D

Its hard to even criticize Klopp given that Salah is proving to be the best transfer since Torres, but my God it does get boring to even discuss the defensive issues. The goalkeeper problem has been ongoing ever since Reina left, that's effin half a decade.

Its hard to even criticize Klopp given that Salah is proving to be the best transfer since Torres, but my God it does get boring to even discuss the defensive issues. The goalkeeper problem has been ongoing ever since Reina left, that's effin half a decade.

Bought where you were strongest anyway, addressed nothing.

Strongest? Like, Sadio Mané and NOTHING else strong before Mo and Alex?

That kind of 'strongest?'

Firmino, Origi, Sturrige, Ings, Mane, Coutinho.

yes that forward line, with the "no one has scored more goals than us since Klopp came in, yada yada yadda'

but still with a dodgy keeper, and defence, So you bought Salah & Solenke. So yes you addressed where you were strongest.

Oh I just love another clubs fans trying to rewrite a situation.

Again, outside of Sadio Mané, who else was there last year with that difference-making speed in behind. Or who could play wide for that matter? Did you miss the massive drop-off when Sadio went first to the AFCON and then got done the Derby and missed the last 10 or so last year? That was one of the neediest areas that needed strengthening this past summer. And was.

And that's before you even get into the van Dijk fiasco which would of strengthened centre-half. Or Clyne going down and taking away Joe Gomez from the position.

Must say, not been impressed with Van Dijk this season. Switches off defensively, loses concentration, loses runners etc.

Looks half the player I saw live 5-6 times last season. Is he just half trying? Said this to my mate (Liverpool fan) and he was like "been ******* telling people that all along" now I am questioning my own judgement of him. Had him in the borderline WC category, please don't tell me he's a Dutch version of Luiz; a fancy player who looks better than he is from a defensive perspective in a more rigid system, and I'm going to look a mug for singing his praises... I'm **** at judging CBs man. Genuinely thought Smalling turned a corner under LVG ffs.

Uhh 70mil for him... "dad" too much? Yeah yeah, this market gone crazy, but this is no excuse, he is not worth being most expensive defender.

Stefan de Vrij(Last year contract), Jemerson, Ginter, Barta, maybe even Koulibaly for that money and use the leftovers for keeper.

Personally, not that it'll take that, but I'd pay £70 million straight up in a heartbeat to get van Dijk.

I don't think there's a better centre-half the PL who's not yet even in his prime. And I fully believe he'd thrive at one of the biggest clubs in World football to become one of the best at his position in World football.

I just don't see any flaws in his game.

I wrote that on him in a thread from Average Joe over a year back well before our interest and I still stand by that assessment: #8

And his leadership qualities, something we're sorely bereft of, would be a massive bonus.

He's the perfect fit for the way we play football under Jürgen and what's expected of the CH's within that. Which is why Klopp's not settled for less knowing he only wants to play one place.

*Edit* We have a 'keeper in waiting already tied down BTW. It's just a matter of time before he get's his shot.

Last edited:
First time I have seen a fan call his club ‘one of the biggest in the world’ despite not winning a league title for 27 years and counting. *Shrugs*

Back