The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
So now then, looks like all of Klopps targets have been secured.

The owners have really backed the manager here.

Looks like you were right all along Scouse!

Not many things I'm sure of mate. And I'm certainly not 'in the know.' FAR from it.

But the source that came from the back end of last season is as reliable as they come. Mainly helps us out a bunch by giving us the jump on European dates/ pre-season/ Sky changes before anything's officially announced so we can book cheep before prices go through the roof. Rarely say's jack on transfers. So when he did let it slip that L'pool had it from van Dijk that as soon as the CL was secured, he wanted to play for no other club/ manager, I never doubted he'd be a Red.

Wouldn't have been so steadfast in posting my belief in that if I didn't have the full trust in where it came from.

Last edited:
Welp I'm not the biggest fan of Van dijk especially defensively but I was wrong about Ox so what do I know.

Wonder who will partner Van Dijk in defence. As long as its not Matip i'm fine with either Lovren or Klavan.

Wonder who will partner Van Dijk in defence. As long as its not Matip i'm fine with either Lovren or Klavan.

Down the line ..... The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez!

I'd personally love us to go bag Gimenez from Atlético Jan. 1. Still needs rounding out but another with the perfect skill set for how we play and a good young age to mould. But I'm not sure he's on the agenda. The Basle lad Si Hughes broke the other week is really interesting. Never heard of him before that but the more you read into him he's another rapid, big lad you could comfortably leave high one-on-one.

And people where baffled and going hard on Stones transfer...
Oh my, if he performance ofc everyone will forget the price tag if not your defense is cursed and you have Carrol v2.

But you have hit the bullseye with jan transfer before.
For me it too much spent on him, but prove us all wrong.

Interesting what Jose has to say about this... :) :)

And people where baffled and going hard on Stones transfer...
Oh my, if he performance ofc everyone will forget the price tag if not your defense is cursed and you have Carrol v2.

But you have hit the bullseye with jan transfer before.
For me it too much spent on him, but prove us all wrong.

Interesting what Jose has to say about this... :) :)
Yeah be interesting to hear Klopp and Mou on this after the comments lol :)

Simon Stoney just confirmed on BBC Radio that City we’re definitely interested. But wasn’t willing to pay the 75m asking fee for VVD

No ****, we told them we wouldnt pay 60 in July. lol.

Right about the time he flat out turned yourselves and Chelsea down. Uncanny that. ;)

So £70 million up front. That net's Southampton around £62.5 million after Celtic's 10%. With a probable further £5 million to come. Not a bad little 2.5 year profit for a lad they paid £13 million for.

Well yer know. There isn't enough people to torture for City's regime to even begin to put together figures to sway that.

And that is FAR from sweet. But that's on you lads conscience.

Wow. 84 million euro's for a defender who isn't a undisputed starting CB for the Dutch national team. Might also be because our managers just make weird decisions...

Wow. 84 million euro's for a defender who isn't a undisputed starting CB for the Dutch national team. Might also be because our managers just make weird decisions...

The Netherlands appointed anyone yet after the Blind debacle and Advocaat retired? (Again.).

I’m genuinely interested if this does actually solve your defensive issues, personally I think it’s more down to the system but well we shall see.

Still despite the price it’s definiteky a signing you needed, even if he isn’t in the best form, this fresh start will do him good.

Back