The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think Austin is good enough to lead the line for them tbh. Can bag 15-20 goals per season if the main man, he is capable, just a question mark over his injury record. Long is a good player in what be does for the team but his goal record is diabolical, and there's no getting away from it. Regardless of how much he does for the side.

Long is a good player in what be does for the team but his goal record is diabolical, and there's no getting away from it. Regardless of how much he does for the side.

One of the most frustrating Irish players I've ever seen. I've watched every one of his home matches in the Aviva and his movement is great.
The f***er wouldn't finish his dinner though.

Last edited:
Patiently waiting for the team news. Hopefully Klopp makes the correct call and drops Mingo.

What a fantastic footie Christmas. Boss weekend London watching an exhilarating game Arsenal and seeing 12 total goals over 2 days. Then the Mighty Reds go lick Swansea 5 in a very measured, controlled display that came alive second half with some scintillating attacking footie. Topped off with Trent's belter. Can't begin to describe the absolute high of seeing another young Scouser scoring the PL. And his first at home. In front of the Kop at that. It just doesn't get any better. Man, the pride in that connection to one of your own .....

I finally sang Phil's name again today. Up to now, I've just applauded him in support of the team. Down to naturally being wholly P by his lies to jib out of playing that were detrimental to the team and potentially put all the hard graft of last year at stake. But his attitude and commitment has been exemplary this year and he's earnt compansion and forgiveness. We're nothing if not fair in this City and he deserves a second chance. The past is the past. It won't be forgotten. But it's past and he's proved his total commitment to the cause and then some this season, regardless of what his future holds.

Phil Coutinho, so long as he's here, is a fully committed L'pool player in everything he does and that's ALL that matters.

As to what the future holds, I do think it needs to be a priority again this summer that we go all out to keep him. Hopefully, if/when Barca bag Greizmann, they won't have the financial space for him. And the way Phil's elevated his game to a consistent World class level since his return this season heck knows what the fee on his head will be now? Certainly way more than what was offered the last window. And if he keeps this going and has a boss World Cup we're talking Neymar stupid money.

And did someone say we need a proper #9? 16 goal/ 9 assist Bobby Firmino stand up and take a bow. The more he plays and understands the role as a 9 in a Klopp side, the more he looks like the total striking package. Superb game again today.

Great to read Southampton insider Kev Palmer as well saying we're the only club thus far to have a significant offer on the table for van Dijk.: https://amp.independent.ie/sport/so...-dijk-36437385.html?__twitter_impression=true

Everyone knows he's only going one club. As he has been since the end of last season. Just a question of when. He'll be a massive addition January.

And there's talk in Germany of Keita kicking up a big fuss to get his move brought forward to January too: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/895249/Liverpool-transfer-news-Naby-Keita-Leipzig

2018 is fixing to be a heck of a fun, exciting ride as Jürgen continues to build this and progress it on another level.

Up the Dragon Slaying Reds!

BTW, did I mention I'm still buzzing off Trent's belter .....

Oh you have got to be F-ing me! XD XD

DR-fv2vX0AA7tH5.jpg

Everton. Selling t-shirts with a photie of a swaying Kop. XD XD XD XD XD

'Kopites are Gobshite!'

Btw best home defensive record in the premier league this season, only 3 goals conceded at home. Not bad.

Btw best home defensive record in the premier league this season, only 3 goals conceded at home. Not bad.

Mad how we're so bad at defending huh? ;)

At the other end, this L'pool side has now scored 75 total goals this season. With one more game to go before New Year.

That's just 2 behind City. And they're the greatest side the PL's ever seen like .....

Anyone who thinks Liverpool need a big money striker to start ahead of Firmino genuinely doesn't understand football. He is without a doubt the most important player in the side

Liverpool FC player Jon Flanagan charged with assault - Liverpool Echo

F-ing braindead idiot!

What's he doing out in town to start with? You don't do that the best of times in a two-club City. It's a basic unwritten rule for every L'pool/ Everton player to swerve town. And even more so Chrimbo time when every P up tinsel wearing **** is out.

Not that he had any sort of career left here but that's him and well and truly done at L'pool.

Well Yeah the Express will have him at Argentina tomorrow. Least Bert and Ducker are usually good.

Ducker was reaching madly the other day. The click-bait he put out last Friday was just that. Slow Christmas so I'll run with a fella' I know full well won't sign anywhere but the club 35 miles down the road.

75m for very good defender with professionalism. Hope Liverpool gets the old VVD as opposed to the joker who has stunk up this season

Bit more detail on Van Dijk deal. It's £70m upfront, rising to around £75m. Southampton wanted big chunk up front as they plan to be active in January too and want to get an attacker in quickly. Will be exits too.

Back