The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Looked fat and slow from where I was stood today. And the snidiest lil' ***** going.
I think he played well, but I'm with you on the little ***** front. Holding onto the ball after Salah's first (getting Can booked) and cynical tackles don't go down well in my book. That's why Salah's second was so satisfying!

Coutinho to Barca it is then. Big loss while Keita-less for 6 months. Who's going to string things together now

God. Barcelona are pushing their bollocks through their kit suppliers now?

This is gonna' be a LONG month.

Got told by my uncle who follows a guy on Twitter who works at a hot dog stall near Anfield that his mate said he's a goner

My uncle pretty reliable

Talking transfers, I got a real ranting text earlier from a Blue telling me (censored version) it's apparently an absolute disgrace that L'pool are allowed to sign players before the window and everyone else has to wait until January. He'd seen van Dijk MOTD at Anfield to set him off.

I never had the heart to tell him. Or maybe it was the side-splitting laughter that stopped me replying.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Prob the Nike website stuff

Just literally catching up on this in detail.

It's high time L'pool followed Atlético and reported Barcelona. This scandalous, almost daily tapping up through various means of Phil has LONG worn thin and passed acceptable.

Them and Madrid man. Arguably the two most glamorous football clubs on the planet.

DEFO the two most despicable!

Been real critical of our home crowd on these here pages often this year but nice to see the media at large give us props this AM for yesterday.

We've been absolutely pathetic to our detriment on way too many occasions to remember this season but yesterday was old school. Edgy. On top. Vociferous. The right type of moody. We played a massive part in the Reds turning that around.

The intimidating home advantage Anfield should be EVERY game.

1000 goods

Talking transfers, I got a real ranting text earlier from a Blue telling me (censored version) it's apparently an absolute disgrace that L'pool are allowed to sign players before the window and everyone else has to wait until January. He'd seen van Dijk MOTD at Anfield to set him off.

I never had the heart to tell him. Or maybe it was the side-splitting laughter that stopped me replying.

The gift that keeps on giving.
This is absolute gold haha! It's understandable though, they have Oumar Niasse starting up top, so I don't think their fans quite get the concept of transfers...

Interesting to see how this one lines up:

View attachment 72587

Will Joe be at LB in a 4? Or is he going 3 centre-half's again with either Sadio/ Alex an attacking right WB with Gomez comfortably sliding across to cover that? Be fluid and interchangeable as always however they line-up for kick-off.

Brilliant to see Lallana finally healthy enough to start again. Getting one of your hardest working, key players back fresh mid-season when most every opposition midfielder has 5 months footie in their legs is like the preferable boss new signing. And Phil's (hopefully) long term replacement Woodburn back in the 18.

Half the team changed is about perfect for this mad 2 in 48 hours. With Burnley only making the one change, they should be well there for the taking second half.

Really hope we wallop these as I personally can't stand Dyche. The whinny, limited gobshite is getting a little too big for his boots lately. Done a fantastic job to press this year but let's not think you're ever gonna' be at any higher level than this hey ********?

Top 3 beckons Redmen to set yers up perfectly for Friday.

Mingolet back in goal is odd, didn't see all of the last game but Karius seemed to play fine didn't have a lot to do and not much he could do about the goal

Mingolet back in goal is odd, didn't see all of the last game but Karius seemed to play fine didn't have a lot to do and not much he could do about the goal

It's not so much odd as it is frustrating. Mignolet's his league 'keeper to this point so it's no real surprise he came straight back in. It's just frustrating that he did. Yeah, Karius, without having any actual shots to save, was solid and commanding Leicester Saturday. The more he plays, the more confident he's getting and in turn that's leading to him being far more dominant his area and vocalaly commanding of those in front of him. Frustrating but it is what it is right now. If yers think this is mad, wait until Friday and more than likely Danny Ward being nets .....

Typically hard, full natured battling Burnley game of, well, very little. In horrid conditions in the lashing rain and wind. Props to Klaven and Gomez (who is playing left of a four. Looks as comfortably great wherever he plays) at the back. And Lallana getting back into his dominating groove. And that's about that. Can absolutely abysmal. AGAIN!. With Sadio continuing to struggle for form and confidence not far behind.

Burnley's legs should start to go the next 15/20 mins. Then bring Bobby and maybe Ings/ Woodburn off the bench to take advantage of the kill.

Keep working Reds. 1 do us sound here.

Last edited:
F-ing have that yers inbred wool 1950's throwback town of wankers!

Superb, batting display Reds. Man alive was that a hard fought win. 7 changes, not 6. I somehow missed Trent the start. And you go do a Burnley. On Burnley. To do that ..... oh that is SO F-ING SWEET! This side is developing in so many different facets. And what a frigging goal from Sadio. Welcome back mate. Missed yer! Lovren and Klaven rocks at the back again. Lallana through 86 minutes his first start the years in the driving wind and rain. Today was a good day.

Heck of a December/ Christmas Redmen. Joint third. A point out of second. Over to Chelsea and first Utd .....

Roll on the ***** on Friday night.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Im liking this Klavan and Lovren back four partnership. Especially Lovren who performs much better when paired with Klavan compared to Matip.

Back