The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
142M for a player they can only play in a league that they have virtually already won. Smart guys at Barca...

Pogba's 90M looking more & more a bargain by the passing year!

Paul joyce-
Coutinho to Barcelona done. £142m.Coutinho travelling to Barcelona tonight. Official confirmation tonight possible, or tomorrow.

142M for a player they can only play in a league that they have virtually already won. Smart guys at Barca...

Pogba's 90M looking more & more a bargain by the passing year!

Maybe they have bigger aspirations?

Oh, ok, sorry. I worded that wrong. Ta for clarifying.

Where in the World are you out of curiosity? If you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I know its Barca, but I doubt they can challenge in CL this year anyway without reliable defense and strike force. Coutinho is phenomenal player. Its not smart to say 'they are paying X amount' because market is bonkers. Yes, players like Pogba would be worth 200m today, but fear not. United will spend 100+ on a player very soon.

Whatever the case, it's good business from Liverpool to get roughly 150M for him.

Whatever the case, it's good business from Liverpool to get roughly 150M for him.

[FONT=ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif]Thought they ask for more upfront, and less in addons, to be honest after all the fuckery.[/FONT]

Dont care about the money they offered. Just glad we didn't get fobbed off with their **** squad players in exchange. Use the money now to improve the midfield as Coutinho position up top was effectively replaced in the summer.

Coutinho 142m done apparently, happy with that Pool fans?

Very surprised they sold so cheap if that does indeed go through. They held all the cards there. Honestly couldn't see them agreeing to a January sale with the potential for his price to be in the Neymar region come the WC. Kind of ****** all over the delusional side of the fanbase, of which there are sadly many on social media, that the owners are ALL about money and profit. (Although I'm sure that won't stop them saying that the only reason they bought van Dijk was on Phil's ticket. Can't educate stupid.).

Don't blame the club one iota. They neither needed nor wanted to sell but he's put them in a real awkward position for the second time in two windows. As much as you want to slam him for that B/S, TBF to him he's given absolutely everything every time he's been on the park this year and has elevated himself consistency wise into the very top bracket for club and Country.

Is what it is. He was always going there at some point his career. Nothing anyone could do about that. That's just the way for top South American's in their career path. Madrid or Barcelona. No club can ultimately stop that. He's naturally a loss. Can't pretend otherwise when a club loses a top-notch talent not yet in his prime. But this is far from the Suarez loss where there was a mad panic to replace him. The squad is way stronger today as evidenced by our games without him this season-

12 played.
10 wins.
1 draw.
1 defeat. (Does the none-event game at City even count?).
31 scored.
14 conceded.

No desperate need at all to run out and spend to replace.

Bought for what, £ 8.5 million. 3 weeks shy of 5 years on, 200 games and 54 goals later, he leaves for £142 million. £133.5 million up. Even though he's going dead cheap in this market, that's quite the profit. Great business in anybody's language.

Good luck to him. No real hard feelings. The timing again could be a lot better. But the good, sorry, GREAT memories from the little magician FAR outweigh any bad. No real ill feelings here and not really too down he's leaving. Just disappointed we never held out for more and at a better time.

Need to go and win #6 Kiev now and leave him on the outside looking in like Owen back in 2005.

As for the other Brazilian, if/when he's exonerated, and the outcome is Holgate lied, he needs a lengthy ban. (Holgate.).

You need to get banned for racist behavior and you need to get banned for trivialising it by lying.

End of.

Very surprised they sold so cheap if that does indeed go through. They held all the cards there. Honestly couldn't see them agreeing to a January sale with the potential for his price to be in the Neymar region come the WC. Kind of ****** all over the delusional side of the fanbase, of which there are sadly many on social media, that the owners are ALL about money and profit. (Although I'm sure that won't stop them saying that the only reason they bought van Dijk was on Phil's ticket. Can't educate stupid.).

Don't blame the club one iota. They neither needed nor wanted to sell but he's put them in a real awkward position for the second time in two windows. As much as you want to slam him for that B/S, TBF to him he's given absolutely everything every time he's been on the park this year and has elevated himself consistency wise into the very top bracket for club and Country.

Is what it is. He was always going there at some point his career. Nothing anyone could do about that. That's just the way for top South American's in their career path. Madrid or Barcelona. No club can ultimately stop that. He's naturally a loss. Can't pretend otherwise when a club loses a top-notch talent not yet in his prime. But this is far from the Suarez loss where there was a mad panic to replace him. The squad is way stronger today as evidenced by our games without him this season-

12 played.
10 wins.
1 draw.
1 defeat. (Does the none-event game at City even count?).
31 scored.
14 conceded.

No desperate need at all to run out and spend to replace.

Bought for what, £ 8.5 million. 3 weeks shy of 5 years on, 200 games and 54 goals later, he leaves for £142 million. £133.5 million up. Even though he's going dead cheap in this market, that's quite the profit. Great business in anybody's language.

Good luck to him. No real hard feelings. The timing again could be a lot better. But the good, sorry, GREAT memories from the little magician FAR outweigh any bad. No real ill feelings here and not really too down he's leaving. Just disappointed we never held out for more and at a better time.

Need to go and win #6 Kiev now and leave him on the outside looking in like Owen back in 2005.

I'm gutted because him going has wrecked my FPL team

I'm gutted because him going has wrecked my FPL team

Meh. You've still Firmino, Mané, Salah and co to pick from. Any of our front 5/6 is gonna' score you heavily over the course of the year.

Two names that could well bag more and more points are Chamberlian, who's just getting better and better with each passing game, and van Dijk as a scoring defender threat.

Awkward timing for the transfer, for both parties. Not sure why he's so desperate to move immediately, half a year before World Cup, especially since he is going to be cup tied anyway. Likewise for Liverpool, tough campaign ahead and you can't replace that kind of talent overnight.

But ultimately it's pointless to try to keep him if he's trying to force his way out 2 windows in a row. Especially since money is good.

As for the other Brazilian, if/when he's exonerated, and the outcome is Holgate lied, he needs a lengthy ban. (Holgate.).

You need to get banned for racist behavior and you need to get banned for trivialising it by lying.

End of.
Benefit of the doubt mate. Loud stadium heat of the moment an all. Feel it would be treading dangerous if we assumed Holgate done it on purpose, only he knows if he did.

Benefit of the doubt mate. Loud stadium heat of the moment an all. Feel it would be treading dangerous if we assumed Holgate done it on purpose, only he knows if he did.

Exactly. It's not a case of guilty or lying. could be anything from mishearing to the noise meaning the ref didnt hear, or the ref not understanding what was said

Back