The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not sure why he's so desperate to move immediately.

Maybe he fancies a bit of silver wear?
Did he win anything at Liverpool? Apart from a fans player of the year?

Philippe Coutinho on leaving Liverpool, why he had to join Barcelona and 'the statement' Virgil van Dijk made - Liverpool Echo

I really don’t know right now how I’ll ultimately feel about him. Emotions are all over the place.

On the one hand, you get things like this. As professional and proper as he’s been the vast majority of his time here. Not least when he has played and given everything. Often to an exceptionally high level. The good memories are more than plentiful.

On the other, this is a professional footballer who refused to do his job, twice over, to get another. Openly lying over injury to jib out of playing. The first time potentially putting at risk a whole season's hard graft by swerving the Hoffenheim qualifier. The second, you presume going off Klopp’s words his statement, disrupting the changies to such an extent it left his position untenable and a club that had offered him everything to stay little option but to move him on. Along with lying about injury again to sack off a crucial league and Cup game. Which would have rolled through the whole of January like it did August. Two months off, on full pay, when there’s nottin’ wrong with you. Nice work if you can get it.

I think ultimately I’ll remember the good with him more that FAR outweighs the bad. The heart thumping excitement he’s given me the match with his countless Worldie goals. The sublime assists seeing things very few others can. Let alone the execution to complete them. But right here, right now, there’s a lot of anger and more so serious disappointment in him dor how he’s behaved. And that sadly will always tinge the way he’s viewed.

For me, the way Suarez went around things was FAR worse. Another lad prepared to strike to force a move to F Arsenal of all teams before Stevie and a few others talked him down to stay a final year. Then bringing shame and embarrassment, not for the first time, on the club, his teammates and every last L’pool supporter out there with another bite in front of the World to calculatingly force L’pools hand and get his move.

But at the least, Suarez gave us that last great season where he left NOTHING on the park every game. Phil couldn't even do that.

He talked about the special nature of L’pool and its fans when he signed the last contract. How you couldn’t beat that fan passion anywhere. Statues built and all that. Yet Luis Suarez, for all his faults, remains a fan hero and would be welcomed back tomorrow with open arms tomorrow by the majority. Phil Coutinho, for the sake of 4/5 short months, and doubling down twice over by stopping playing to force that, now, sadly, never will be.

You could have left on the best of terms mate and been looked upon as a modern-day great.

Instead, you’ve left a terribly sour taste in the mouth that will linger forever in how you’re ultimately viewed by Liverpudlians.

Last edited:
FA probe into Mason Holgate's allegation Roberto Firmino racially abused him to see all parties quizzed this week - Mirror Online

Had to be investigated as soon as Holgate decided to deflect from what he did. Just an absolute joke that it’s been brought about with absolutely no evidence to corroborate the accusation. (‘He may of ‘misheard’ what was said due to crowd noise’ ..... Come on fella’s. You don’t ‘mishear’ the N word if you’re called that. And neither does everyone around you. Not least a referee stood inbetween.).

The worry now is you can never trust the FA to do the right thing in anything. So the threats still there on Firmino.

I just hope it then switches to Holgate if they do.

Again, racism should be taken seriously and relevant sanctions handed out.

As should anyone that trivialises racism and flippantly pulls out the race card to deflect away from what they’ve just done with nottin’ to back up the claim.

Considering we've not heard anything concrete, only a fool rushes to judgement.
And of course you can mishear anything in that noise. Here's a example: what if Firimno said negra, very easy to mishear that.
You say racism should be taken seriously, and yet you've dismiss holgates stance without any evidence or investigation. Doesn't add up.

I know Firminyoo Jeff and am tellin' you right nahhh, he's not that type of lad. Am tellin' you Jeff.

merse.jpg

I don't even understand this planet anymore. One guy pushes another guy brutally into the crowd and it's a miracle Firmino doesn't break his neck and that no one in the crowd gets hurt. But that's not the reason for concern. No, the reason for concern is that Firmino then stands up and might, *might* have committed an Orwellian thought crime and say a bad word or two in a heat of the moment.

Seriously, if you watch that footage and genuinely your biggest problem with it, is that someone might have said one word too much, and not that someone couldn't have gotten seriously hurt, you need to get your ******* priorities checked.

Considering we've not heard anything concrete, only a fool rushes to judgement.
And of course you can mishear anything in that noise. Here's a example: what if Firimno said negra, very easy to mishear that.
You say racism should be taken seriously, and yet you've dismiss holgates stance without any evidence or investigation. Doesn't add up.

It doesn't add up to me that you're completely dismissing everything to the contrary on this either whilst trying to spuriously link what happened to Brewster to criticise any L'pool fan slamming Holgate but yer know?

Zero evidence in Holgates favour. A mic'd up referee, stood in between the pair, hearing nothing. Along with no other player the pitch. Yet during that, Holgate does? The ONLY person that hear's this accusation of racism? It wouldn't of even been reported if Madley hadn't been forced by Holgate's accusation. If he'd heard anything he'd of dealt with it there and then. You've professional lip readers who speak Portuguese that's deciphered what Firmino said. (Which was very restrained considering what had just happened to him IMHO.). Evertonians and ex-Everton players criticising their man. Yet you still stick to the line that it's quite possible Holgate isn't lying .....

I'm quite confident I'm on safe ground castigating him. Given there's absolutely NO evidence to support his claim, it's natural to assume he deflected from his actions of dangerous play/ serious assault to both player and fans he sent him flying into, unprovoked, off the pitch, to save himself walking by throwing out a B/S race card.

And I'm **** sure if I turned around and called you a N, you'd hear it regardless of any background noise and the fella' stood in-between us would too. You don't mistake or not hear that when it's thrown your way.

If the investigation finds anything other than the above I'll be as stunned as I am at anyone trying to argue the contrary right now.

Last edited:
I don't even understand this planet anymore. One guy pushes another guy brutally into the crowd and it's a miracle Firmino doesn't break his neck and that no one in the crowd gets hurt. But that's not the reason for concern. No, the reason for concern is that Firmino then stands up and might, *might* have committed an Orwellian thought crime and say a bad word or two in a heat of the moment.

Seriously, if you watch that footage and genuinely your biggest problem with it, is that someone might have said one word too much, and not that someone couldn't have gotten seriously hurt, you need to get your ******* priorities checked.

That's the F up FA all over.

Acting swiftly to investigate a racism claim. (As they should.).

But doing F all retrospectively on a serious assault/ dangerous play to player and fans.

If you didn't know how the archaic Football Association worked in this Country you'd think that was being made up.

That's the F up FA all over.

Acting swiftly to investigate a racism claim. (As they should.).

But doing F all retrospectively on a serious assault/ dangerous play to player and fans.

If you didn't know how the archaic Football Association worked in this Country you'd think that was being made up.

Prettty much. I'd be more than happy if all the racist ******** could be put into a rocket and launched towards nearest asteroid with one toothbrush and box of **** beads as the only supplies. But a mere allegation of racism shouldn't just automatically dominate the entire narrative, everything else that occurred becoming irrelevant.

If Firmino said something, he needs to be punished, that goes without saying.

But if you fouled someone like that in a pub game, getting called the N word would be the least of your worries, and the more pressing concern would be entire opposing team rushing towards you to whoop your ***. Fecking Queen could have lost her **** and say a word too much if you fouled one of her sons like that. And yet, no investigation, no ******* nothing, nobody seems to care, and whatever happens to Firmino, Holgate is going to get away with it.

Who needs van Dijk when you've got Ragnar the Red! XD

[video=youtube;yt5X9S2cXrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=yt5X9S2cXrE[/video]

..... And yet, no investigation, no ******* nothing, nobody seems to care, and whatever happens to Firmino, Holgate is going to get away with it.

Yet again shows up what's so inherently wrong with the whole system.

It'll be brushed off, as we're seeing already, with something like 'he misheard in all the madness of the situation.' Completely ignoring the serious nature of his claim and the slur he's stuck to another pro.

And doubtless nothing will happen to him for either the serious dangerous play, or what seems to point to all intents and purposes disgracefully pulling the race card to deflect from that and escape punishment twice over. At the time on the pitch when he should have walked and no retrospective punishment after.

Calculating lil' _____ wouldn't be the word.

I know Firminyoo Jeff and am tellin' you right nahhh, he's not that type of lad. Am tellin' you Jeff.

merse.jpg

I mean ita almost like the FA could charge Holgate if they wanted to any way. Not sure why people need to think it's one or the other. Shows the stupid tribalism that exists in football.
You can tell that as soon as someone says playing the race card.

It doesn't add up to me that you're completely dismissing everything to the contrary on this either whilst trying to spuriously link what happened to Brewster to criticise any L'pool fan slamming Holgate but yer know?

Zero evidence in Holgates favour. A mic'd up referee, stood in between the pair, hearing nothing. Along with no other player the pitch. Yet during that, Holgate does? The ONLY person that hear's this accusation of racism? It wouldn't of even been reported if Madley hadn't been forced by Holgate's accusation. If he'd heard anything he'd of dealt with it there and then. You've professional lip readers who speak Portuguese that's deciphered what Firmino said. (Which was very restrained considering what had just happened to him IMHO.). Evertonians and ex-Everton players criticising their man. Yet you still stick to the line that it's quite possible Holgate isn't lying .....

I'm quite confident I'm on safe ground castigating him. Given there's absolutely NO evidence to support his claim, it's natural to assume he deflected from his actions of dangerous play/ serious assault to both player and fans he sent him flying into, unprovoked, off the pitch, to save himself walking by throwing out a B/S race card.

And I'm **** sure if I turned around and called you a N, you'd hear it regardless of any background noise and the fella' stood in-between us would too. You don't mistake or not hear that when it's thrown your way.

If the investigation finds anything other than the above I'll be as stunned as I am at anyone trying to argue the contrary right now.

Nothing spurious about it. It's a blatant double standard

Firstly you can't see what firmino says after his face gets blocked. Secondly we haven't heard what was on the mic afterwards. So until we've actually seen all the evidence in and investigation, everything is open. Only a fool makes the conclusion otherwise. But I guess I'm waiting to see what the investigation says rather than making tribalist assumptions

If the roles were reversed and it was a Liverpool player in that position there is no way you'd have called him a **** or said he was playing the race card.

Again, thank you for telling me my own mind.

Greatly appreciated.

The continued absolute B/S about double standards, and similar about tribalism (this has got F all to do with Holgate playing for Everton or this happening in a Derby. The same would be being said of a Liverpool player in the same instance. <****, only the other week I called for Jon Flanagan to have his contract terminated for what he went out and did> But to use your words, only a 'fool' would think otherwise) isn't worth discussing.

Last edited:
Back