The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Refreshing to be in a position once more where most nobody you know is panicking at losing one of your studs.

Clubs come a heck of a long way the past 2 years or so under the mad German btard.

Genuine question, so pool fans are okey with him going? No frustration/hate towards him?

I addressed that over the page mate personally speaking.

Naturally frustrated. Not too enamored with him doing this two consecutive windows. But that aside you can't fault him this year in-between windows where he's given everything and elevated his form to a consistent World class level.

More just disappointed at the timing and the fee which would have only continued rising (mad to say that when he's now the second most expensive footballer in history like) but the club's hand were forced after they'd offered him everything to no avail.

Least the teams in a way stronger position to not feel the hit that it would have done this time last year.

Genuine question, so pool fans are okey with him going? No frustration/hate towards him?

For me the only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is he didnt stick it out till the summer. But all in all, I wish him luck (But I do hope we beat Get and beat barca in the final of the CL this year)

It's like scouse said, when Barca or Real come from your South American player, best you can hope for is to bleed them dry. And he went for 1.5 Pogba, so.

So replacement time. Im putting my money on Lemar although I wouldn't mind the cheaper option of Mahrez.

Wouldn't rule out my prediction from last summer; Lanzini. Think there's even been rumours lately.

Lanzini + Mahrez would cover Coutinho's two roles. Although Mahrez is an insight right (and Coutinho was more left), Mane & Ox have the left covered. Even Woodburn.

So replacement time. Im putting my money on Lemar although I wouldn't mind the cheaper option of Mahrez.

Don't see any great rush personally. Salah has already upgraded him playing further forward and Alex to name one has shown he can be dominant inside. Along with Lallana finally back.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them strengthen at the back. Maybe in goal. Positions unrelated to Coutinho per se yer know? Whilst boxing off say Lemar for the summer.

Personally, if you're asking a straight replacement here and now the squad, then I'd go Pulisic above anyone out there. Who they still hold a strong interest in. But that's just my personal preference. Klopp will add what's the highest quality fit for everything we do. And ala Keita and van Dijk, he won't settle for less than that so things may well be more toward the summer.

Far more interested in a players skill-set and if he'd fit what we do. Poor form for someone at one club seem's pretty irrelevant when you think what he'd be playing in here and how he'd be coached.
Not saying he wouldn’t be a good signing or he’s a bad player. But his form all season has been dire. Maybe just ready for a move.

Lots of Utd fans didn’t want Matic for the same reason. He’s been our best and most consistent player this season bar Jones.

Lemar has been dogshit this season.

Not really, when you're a creative player you rely on the finishing of your teammates to boost your stats, which can make for misleading assists. The reverse can be true as well, e.g. Mkhitaryan's early flurry of assists this season.

He hasn't been as good in front of goal this year but the class is still there, and he's not playing alongside Bernardo Silva and Mbappe any more. Would still be my preferred choice to replace Coutinho even if it's not until the end of the season

Not really, when you're a creative player you rely on the finishing of your teammates to boost your stats, which can make for misleading assists. The reverse can be true as well, e.g. Mkhitaryan's early flurry of assists this season.

He hasn't been as good in front of goal this year but the class is still there, and he's not playing alongside Bernardo Silva and Mbappe any more. Would still be my preferred choice to replace Coutinho even if it's not until the end of the season
Hes been eay way below the level of player he is and has performed at. But like you said many factors involved too.

Kinda like the idea of Mahrez in red just ghosting past players only problem is he is another left footed right winger. Plus i'm not sure he is versatile enough to play in midfield like Coutinho.

Kinda like the idea of Mahrez in red just ghosting past players only problem is he is another left footed right winger. Plus i'm not sure he is versatile enough to play in midfield like Coutinho.

By all accounts, he's only mainly been on the right for Leicester down to Danny Drinkwater but has played the left side and in the middle.

The club are totally denying interest, but then they've shut down a lot since the initial van Dijk fiasco last summer so who knows?

Agreed BTW. I don't think there's many better wide men the PL. Two footed. Strong. Deceptively quick. Brilliant first touch. PL proven. 1 in 3 goal scorer. Unselfish with a shed load of assists. Just coming into his prime. Won the African POTY that Mo's just bagged which is no mean achievement.

Like van Dijk, he'd upgrade any of the top 6 clubs.

Being part of the Ranieri coup never sat well with me. But by all accounts, his attitude has been pretty much bang on and he's one of Leicester's hardest workers. As you noted d, you imagine him and what he brings to the table under Klopp in this system and there's lot to like in Mahrez in Red.

Last edited:
For me the only thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is he didnt stick it out till the summer. But all in all, I wish him luck (But I do hope we beat Get and beat barca in the final of the CL this year)

I just remember how much Sterling got it and seems sometimes still gets it, but for me Cout saga has been longer and worse with new contracts and not playing.

Bernando Silva would have been perfect swap for Cou, sad that he is in City.
My preferred one would be maybe Fekir, bit cheaper than Lemar or Pulisic(who you will go hard for).
Lanzini would be out of the blue, but he has skill just injuries..., but will be the cheapest.

Back