The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
*Waves.

Moving on to the Cup draw.

Coventry, MK Dons or Newport away, please for a new ground.

Everything else would be 'meh.'

*Edit* BOO! West Brom at home. How boring is that? Good chance of it being a Sat'day 3 PM so there is that.

Last edited:
Yeah read that. He said they will demand Dembele money possibly more.

Someone's relayed that wrong from what he actually said the podcast.

The only mention of actual money/ Dembele was Klopp telling Dortmund we weren't selling Coutinho the summer so to get the most they could for Dembele from Barcelona.

Yeah he was looking decent at one point.

Yeah but 2 years without competetive football would ruin everybody up. I sort of feel bad for the lad, it takes one look at him to realize that becoming a football star was his only chance at reproduction.

Last edited:
Someone's relayed that wrong from what he actually said the podcast.

The only mention of actual money/ Dembele was Klopp telling Dortmund we weren't selling Coutinho the summer so to get the most they could for Dembele from Barcelona.
More than likely. Remember him saying something in the Summer when there were some weak links to Utd. Something along the lines of upwards of 90m. Going rate these days it seems for good potential.

Yeah but 2 years without competetive football would ruin everybody up. I sort of feel bad for the lad, it takes one look at him to realize that becoming a football start was his only chance at reproduction.

Harsh.

Or he could always batter the living F out of whomever to get his way. *Harsher.

Sorry. My bad. Being moralistic on a woman beater down to him being a footballer on the downside of his career at a club. *Delusional.

Flanno's problem, which it's alway's been, is a complete lack of pace. He never had any to start with and he's even less now after the knee issues. He was well arguably L'pool's best defender '13/'14. But he was never asked to really support the attack as that took care of itself. As an old school FB who just defended, he was really solid. And a very vocal organiser. Now, I'd imagine he'll do well to get much more than maybe a lower league North West club. There's just next to nothing left pace wise which is a killer the crazy modern game.

I would have said it was sad before the gutless lil' ***** chose to batter his misses all over L'pool Chrimbo. Although looking at his kite going into court the other day, it look's like someone's had quite a go at him in kind.

Yeah, I always thought he would eventually try to bulk and transition to CB, because as you say, he was really good at just defending and keeping things tight at the back, and only going forward to give people extra passing option.

As per one of your summer wants, Ryan Kent's back 5 months early from his Freiburg loan and is back available.

Bristol City and Sheffield United have apparently jumped all over it showing their interest.

2ould love him but God knows what's gunna happen with our recruitment this winter although we have a shedload to spend from the Chris Wood money

2ould love him but God knows what's gunna happen with our recruitment this winter although we have a shedload to spend from the Chris Wood money

Soz la. Yers dipped out again. He's being quickly flipped to Bristol City for the rest of the year.

What's all of this noise about some Scousers protesting the sponsorship of some Tibetan company, because it's allegedly dirty money? Do people in the UK still believe this nonsense that Chinese are the bad guys there? That's a fantasy fairy tale that was entirely conjured by some deluded celebrities who think Dalai Lama is this etheral being walking on water. The guy was a brutal, ****** religious dictator and his reign had most people live in medieval conditions and the level oppression that would have Castro look like Santa Claus.

Chinesse are no saints, but holy ****, at least so some research before starting political protests.

What's all of this noise about some Scousers protesting the sponsorship of some Tibetan company, because it's allegedly dirty money? Do people in the UK still believe this nonsense that Chinese are the bad guys there? That's a fantasy fairy tale that was entirely conjured by some deluded celebrities who think Dalai Lama is this etheral being walking on water. The guy was a brutal, ****** religious dictator and his reign had most people live in medieval conditions and the level oppression that would have Castro look like Santa Claus.

Chinese are no saints, but holy ****, at least so some research before starting political protests.

*Some protesters, specifically those concerned with Tebetian oppression from the Chinese and an International consumer group, who are just picking on the high profile City game to protest to the club's official water partner in China. (Don't ask. Modern day football).

I know next to nothing about 'Tibet Water Resources.' But I do know the Tibetian people are terribly oppressed under institutionalised Chinese rule for not conforming and practising their beliefs. And 'Tibet Water Resources' are a Chinese company tied to the Chinese government so I don't think there's anything wrong at all in people protesting there cause when a major World brand is associated with them.

Just ironic that we're playing a club funded by a state with appaling human rights issues Sunday.

Chinesse are no saints, but holy ****, at least so some research before starting political protests.

Not saying I disagree with you but the company tibetan water has had numerous accusations of exploitation, cant just say the Chinese are no saints. My opinion is that the club should just avoid sponserships with countries known to have controversial human rights issues. Then again this is a fotty site so perhaps we should keep the politics away.

Of course the Tibetans are oppressed and kept under the Chinesse boot, but you have to consider that that oppression replaced another one that was a 100 times worse. We're talking about a dude who was literally a king, a pope and a God all in one person. Like, can you even imagine what that was like? He had more power over the population than any other leader in the entire XX century, people were basically no different than slaves and anyone who didn't keep in line took a boot to the face.

And yeah I probably shouldn't brought it up in a first place, but it just irks me to see some of the liberal media running the narrative to Free Tibet and Bring The Dalai Lama, with no research of what that actually entails.

Yeah, irrespective of anything happening this weekend or not, I'd take Willaims word on anything Bundesliga over Pearce. ****, I'd probably do that anyway on most things L'pool. Perce is scrapping even more for second hand info since the club have naturally shut everything down post the initial van Dijk fiasco. Which is quite funny sat watching. With next to nothing coming out of Liverpool, with even the reliable local corp being given little, both the mad speculation from journalists/ transfer rumour 'ITK, know F-alls', and the ridiculous WAY OTT meltdown from the reactionary bellends on social media as to how they'll deal with Phil making his position completely untenable, again, is a real exercise to behold.

FWIW, and this is part speculation, part good sources you trust, I think you're probably looking at:

Keita and maybe Lemar this window if they can get Monaco to drop significantly.

With the big summer move being Pulisic and a replacement for Can. (Seems to all intents and purposes Goretzka is going Munich so they appear to have dipped out there.). Not sure what Delaney thought he was breaking this week on Utd and Pulisic. Presumably the same as when he definitely had van Dijk going City the day before he officially went Liverpool, but everything for long enough has pointed to Liverpool feeling quietly confident they're well ahead of anyone there. They've got 2 hard years groundwork invested. Particularly with his father, who, like the player, has the utmost respect for Klopp. I'd be real surprised if and when he decides to move, which is coming, if anyone else swayed him. Like City and Pep, this has been a long courting process.

I might be totally wrong but I'd put money on that being our big summer move.

Take that for what it's worth. Just my views from what you can reasonably gather when you cut through the B/S.

Last edited:
Back