The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Video Liverpool vs Manchester City Highlights Goals

That's a great site if you ever miss something/ want to watch other full games. They invariably always have links the comments to full halves.

Yeah ta for that been using it for a while now. Re watching the game and one gripe I have is the subs Klopp made. Game changed when he put Milner on in midfield, he was woeful perhaps it was the speed of the game but watching him play in the middle really highlights he's lack of game intelligence. Wiji was superb tho watch him closely and you see the hard graft he puts in that goes unnoticed.

Seems like a great time to join the thread ;)

Brilliant win yesterday, still buzzing!

Where do you all think we will finish this season? I reckon 3rd.

I didnt say yesterday, But Robertson Carlos yesterday was outstanding. Looks like there is no way back for Moreno.

I didnt say yesterday, But Robertson Carlos yesterday was outstanding. Looks like there is no way back for Moreno.

When he chased down every person associated with Man City in that one run in the second half, I thought 'that run just killed Moreno's LFC career' lol

Seems like a great time to join the thread ;)

Brilliant win yesterday, still buzzing!

Where do you all think we will finish this season? I reckon 3rd.

Welcome to the forum. New people is always a welcoming addition.
The fight for 2-4 place will be deadly, Chelsea will also gain back his form and Spurs is rolling on Kane back. Pool, Chelsea, Spurs and United all fighting for being top 4 with City. (God knows what Arsenal does, but cant see them coming up this year)

..... Where do you all think we will finish this season? I reckon 3rd.

Since the summer I've thought we'd finish second to City and go real deep into Europe. Not seen anything to change that.

The last three months we've really started to show we're the second-best side in this league IMHO with the second half the year fixing to be superb. Without taking Porto for granted, we get past them and NO side in Europe will want to pull Klopp's L'pool. Sunday again showed in glorious technicolour that when Anfield's fully alive and rocking, there's very few genuine difference-making stadiums like her the Continent over. This club, over two legs of straight knock-out European football ..... Yeah, bring ANYONE on. And the chances are you're looking at an all-English quarter/ semi. Another two-legged shoot-out with City say? God yes please! Tidy, if dull, Cup draw home West Brom which is as good as it gets for a great chance of progress. Be boss to have a serious Cup run again and add our name back on the arl trophy. That's been WAY too long. And super nicely sat the league.

The second half of this year is set up to be real special.

Took him a while to settle and get upto speed. Which I guess is understandable coming from Hull to the World of difference here. (Still find it mad the Bruce, a career defender, never used to coach them defensively. ****, was barely ever out there period the more ex-players of his have talked. But I digress ..... ). But yeah, been absolutely superb since he came in the Derby.

Got to feel for Alby. He's really turned it around this year, which is a testament to the hard work and dedication he's put in the past year training sat watching a midfielder of all players take his place. Then when he gets it back, and start's getting back the Sevilla form he was bought off, he not only get's such a freak injury. His understudy turns out to be Paolo Maldini. All mad and unfortunate.

But at least we now have little to worry about either FB slot with quality competition for both.

When he chased down every person associated with Man City in that one run in the second half, I thought 'that run just killed Moreno's LFC career' lol

Just because .....

Sounds even better in Swedish haha.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vonstrenginho/status/952872626812223489/video/1

https://twitter.com/AnfieldFM/statu...s/liverpool-news-transfers-live-emre-14158279

Mad day Cantona's 'comeback' '95. We had no official away tickets as capacity was right down due to the rebuild. Got one outside so I'm the Stretford End sat me hands. The Utd ticket office had been done over midweek and a load of tickets robbed. Stewards were looking out for these seats and this lad came over wanting to look the ticket. Utd had subtly changed the order on the date the tickets for the reprinted ones. As this is leading to ours turned out to be some the nicked ones. Got lashed out just as the game started with a few digs thrown our way as the 'enquiries' had revealed who we were by this point. Then got back in around 80 when they opened up the gates and just grabbed any empty speck. Never seen any of the 4 goals. Got blagged on the ticket and lashed out. But got back in with nobody realising who we were. Mad day.

God. 23 years ago man. I feel old.

Last edited:
https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/...-breed-of-the-complete-modern-centre-forward/

This article is from back in September (may well have posted it back then because I definitely read it then as well) but Firmino has only become even better this season. Unquestionably our most important player, Salah may get the headlines but it's Bobby's show out there. Coutinho was more spectacular and is a great signing for Barca, but he was not the most valuable Brazilian - to Klopp, anyway - in our squad.

This is also superbly written, I think too many people are keen to claim that City have had a weak defence all along, and to take credit away from Liverpool's performance. It really takes something special to beat that side, and nobody else has a Roberto Firmino

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rto-firmino-liverpool-manchester-city-anfield

Well that's only taken 5 years to finally conclude Reina needs properly replacing:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/simon-mignolet-considering-liverpool-future-97wprzqhr

'Klopp will buy a goalkeeper in the summer with Roma’s Alisson a target, although negotiations on a fee could prove difficult given Liverpool recruited Mohamed Salah for an initial £36.9 million from the Italians. That has been shown to be a bargain following the Egyptian’s form and Roma will not want to lose another player on the cheap.
The Brazil goalkeeper Alisson, who does not have a buy-out clause and is valued at around £44 million, is aware his reputation is soaring and said a decision on his future would be made after the World Cup.

“I am happy in Rome,” he said. “It’s always a pleasure to feel that lots of people are monitoring you but my head is focused on Roma. I leave my future in the hands of God. In June, maybe we will speak about it again but for
now I am concentrated on Roma.”

Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak is another potential candidate, although the Slovenian has a €100 million (about £89 million) buy-out clause.'

Karius was amazing in Germany. But since coming to Liverpool, his confidence is... Gone. Smashed. You can clearly see during matches how timid and scared poor guy is.
Something happened there. There's no way he's this poor.

Karius was amazing in Germany. But since coming to Liverpool, his confidence is... Gone. Smashed. You can clearly see during matches how timid and scared poor guy is.
Something happened there. There's no way he's this poor.

Keeper is one position you dont wanna rotate frequently. How is he supposed to build confidence when he cant get in tune with the back four. We will see how good he is now that he is supposed first choice. What doesn't help is fans jumping on his back and sending disgusting death threats. Ffs what ever happened to common decency, just because he is a pro doesnt mean Karius aint a human being. Also the narrative set by Sky that analyse every small point he does in a game and amplify it doesnt help.

Artur Petrosyan‏Verified account @arturpetrosyan 3h3 hours ago

Loris Karius is the only Premier League goalkeeper with more conceded goals than saved shots. He has the worst shot saves ratio - 43%. Simon Mignolet has only saved 59% of shots that makes him 24th out of 27 goalkeepers. #LFC De Gea tops the list - 83%. #MUFC via @InStatFootball

View attachment 1142751

If its for this season then its a pretty useless stat when applied to Karius. How many games has he even played in the league this season...

Back